GDT: Sabres vs. Bruins, 7:30 PM. TV: TNT or max

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Probably a hang nail. I really don't have much sympathy for these players and their personal days off. I know many of you soft hearted new age thinkers love to throw around "mental health" like it's going out of style but people use it as a crutch when they can't withstand the normal pressures of everyday life. So many of us never have the option of saying I need a day for personal reasons or mental health. You work for half the year and work 3 hour days. IMO if you are taking games off it should be a pretty serious issue.
I get this sentiment in general especially with the newer generations taking mental health days off but if it has anything to do with his wife or child then I only hope for the best.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Probably a hang nail. I really don't have much sympathy for these players and their personal days off. I know many of you soft hearted new age thinkers love to throw around "mental health" like it's going out of style but people use it as a crutch when they can't withstand the normal pressures of everyday life. So many of us never have the option of saying I need a day for personal reasons or mental health. You work for half the year and work 3 hour days. IMO if you are taking games off it should be a pretty serious issue.
The whispers are his wife was in labor. No idea if they're true. But it's almost certainly either this or, god forbid, a death in the family.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
so when knowing nothing, assume it's a bullshit reason.

Nice straw man you put together. post needs a treaded steel plate background to go with this performance.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
His wife is pregnant

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
so when knowing nothing, assume it's a bullshit reason.

Nice straw man you put together. post needs a treaded steel plate background to go with this performance.
Amazing how sensitive you guys get over message board opinions. Probably a hang nail is a joke. If his wife is pregnant that is fine. I my opinion is not changing that a lot of these players are taking personal time when it is not really needed.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Amazing how sensitive you guys get over message board opinions. Probably a hang nail is a joke. If his wife is pregnant that is fine. I my opinion is not changing that a lot of these players are taking personal time when it is not really needed.
And you just made yourself look like a jack*** because of your inability to assume correctly on the idea that these players are taking personal time off when it is not really needed. Instead of tweaking your opinion, you decided to dig your heels in deeper in a matter that is none of your business, nor do you have knowledge about it. Amazing.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
I politely called you a moron is all.

Easily amazed.

Reactions: oldgoalie

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
First game that I missed all year and at this rate I doubt it will be the last . This team is dead to me unless they prove that they can go on a streak. Unfortunately we're 4 games under .500 now so even if we do pull a miracle and go on one we'll be lucky to get back to .500. And even if we do I'd expect them to revert back and just hang around that mark for the rest of the season. This is the first time that I've been this apathetic towards a season since that disastrous 2021 shortened one. It's depressing .

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
K

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I politely called you a moron is all.

Easily amazed.
Call me whatever you want. There is an epidemic of people using "mental health" as a crutch for not meeting their responsibilities and also when people want to justify when they are act like jerks. It happens all the time. If you are having a child you should take off from work no matter what you are doing. I would be cool with Tage missing a Cup game to see the birth of his child.

Reactions: BB79

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm a fairly griseled and emotionally harsh person, and your take is just completely ignoring the likely possibility of various legitimate family reasons he would need a couple days. Yeah, there's bricklayers that wouldn't get time under the same circumstances but some people get perks. I'm at peace with those that get perks.

Reactions: sabremike

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
You seem like a normal and well balanced person.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
And you just made yourself look like a jack*** because of your inability to assume correctly on the idea that these players are taking personal time off when it is not really needed. Instead of tweaking your opinion, you decided to dig your heels in deeper in a matter that is none of your business, nor do you have knowledge about it. Amazing.
Some of them are using it correctly and others just want a some time off from work. It's happening in a lot of places. These are the most pampered people in the history of the world as the West is in general. There are so many people without real problems and that includes sports that are taking time off for "mental health."

These same people get on social media with there phone that was produced with African child slave labor and talk about how tough their lives are. First world problems. Give me a break with this trash because there is actual stuff going on in the real world to worry about. We are a society full of idiots that want people to feel sorry for them while they look the other way as our governments bomb children in other countries anytime their leaders piss our leaders off. Go get a clue dude because almost all the problems people in the West complain about are fake.

I'm a fairly griseled and emotionally harsh person, and your take is just completely ignoring the likely possibility of various legitimate family reasons he would need a couple days. Yeah, there's bricklayers that wouldn't get time under the same circumstances but some people get perks. I'm at peace with those that get perks.
Like I said, I was joking about the hang nail. Taking time off for the birth of a child is totally legitimate.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Some of them are using it correctly and others just want a some time off from work. It's happening in a lot of places. These are the most pampered people in the history of the world as the West is in general. There are so many people without real problems and that includes sports that are taking time off for "mental health."

These same people get on social media with there phone that was produced with African child slave labor and talk about how tough their lives are. First world problems. Give me a break with this trash because there is actual stuff going on in the real world to worry about. We are a society full of idiots that want people to feel sorry for them while they look the other way as our governments bomb children in other countries anytime their leaders piss our leaders off. Go get a clue dude because almost all the problems people in the West complain about are fake.
I'm cool taking this discussion in another OT thread about this topic if you are, but I'd rather not continue it in this thread since it has nothing to do with what you are talking about. This is the GDT of the game yesterday.

Reactions: oldgoalie

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I'd wait to pass judgement, for all we know one of his family members was having a health issue or something along those lines. It doesn't matter how much you're paid, family first always.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Call me whatever you want. There is an epidemic of people using "mental health" as a crutch for not meeting their responsibilities and also when people want to justify when they are act like jerks. It happens all the time. If you are having a child you should take off from work no matter what you are doing. I would be cool with Tage missing a Cup game to see the birth of his child.
we don't have any info to assume that's the case. if you want to make that argument, go ahead in another thread. The only assumption I'm leaping to make is that Tage's leave is coach approved. You're having two seperate discussions here.

If Tage claimed mental distress and showed up in Vegas playing blackjack and getting healing massages, then I'm with you. I doubt there's any issue here and I hope all is well under his roof.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Kevyn is rapidly converging onto Botterill's profile, and I don't think there's a person on planet Earth who hates botterill more than I do.

Both had all-time bag-fumbles that are by themselves worthy of firing in disgrace. Jason traded his 2C for a pile of things that had far less value at the time of the trade than the 2C did, and slow-played the replacement to a point where he was fired before anything resembling a 2C ever existed in the organization. his first attempt was a 13F/4LW, which he stuck with for a full season despite an epic collapse from first place in season. His second attempt was a 3LW, Marcus Johansson. a year and a half after that epic collapse, his last gasps at building a roster were adding Michael Frolik, the worst Sabre skater I've seen in person since the tank, and then trading Scandella for a 4th (who the next team flipped for a 2nd weeks later). This overarching fumble entails being the only team in first place at Halloween to ever miss the playoffs (they were in first place more than a month after, and missed by MORE THAN 20 POINTS!). I thought this pile of things (not to mention 500 others, including the inexplicable 6th round pick debacle) was impossible to overcome but Kevyn is making great strides.

Kevyn took a franchise that had spent 2 years painstakingly rebuilding good will with the community (to his credit, which is something Botts never accomplished), and was flush with more valuable tradeable assets than he knew what to do with, assets that have no prayer of ever making the team because of their sheer quantity, a 94 point team with obviously identifiable and easily improvable holes, and ran it all back, did nothing of consequence, and went on the radio right before we lost 5-1 to NYR to open the season and bragged about how he was able to unplug for a month in July and go on vacation. Then as a still-salvageable season circled the drain, he continued to do absolutely f***ing nothing. His goaltending management is as ludicrous and unbelievable as Botterill's center spine, arguably even more so.
He did that in july,? Bragging about what, He hasn't won and totally F$cked the team and the players by handing out huge contracts to guys that may never sacrifice self to win as a team. He so Pejorative Slured he believes they will figure out the selfless team grind to 50 wins and inherently be like Himself. Same reasons gretzky failed as a coach. He cursed these players by making them reslonsibke to win not hungry and still striving before being rewarded w lifetime wealth to be hated by a crowd watching at home disgustedly watching living pay check to pay check. They are good kids and they grip stick or try too hard and release looks like giving up.

Fire the architect andsave the expensive material and save this frachise as her
Herik lundquist can obviously see from his view as a stranger w "ACCOUTABILITY .

Adams he seems like a tough as nails glue guy but the way he talks has always bothered me and it appears business wise he has no idea , couldn't play chess to save his life , Hes in OVER HIS Head wasting 30 games when Edmonton sent a message Terry needed to send ten games ago.

Kevyn Bet lost and now must PAY fir bad contracts too early

So what if leagues fookin you find a way. Yes your being made to look bad , fight back w film get fine stop being a telephony duck. NARCOTICS change your frequency for three hours. I can do it to work. Wtf many things change frequency better than smellin salts. Fight back or watch Kevyn deserve to be fired by making you a joke w those i kniw you'd earn on any other team. If kev made you win first you wouldn't choose frustration or hiding like poosies in the beds of your gf who will also kick yiyr rich apathetic aszes out if u are miserable not succeeding at yiur occupation

to candy asz kids that need directions as the leagues' targeted them for extinction. Its not fair but you MUST Fight and that targeting has exposes Kevs bs contracts as team must be more amped and take narcotics or do anything not to drive away a fanbase that is dumbfounded watching them bet bouncy pucked right out of any confidence to fight back.

According to your take which I'm beginning to agree w he just out talks terry , and covers his his asz. After hes done appearing to care about winning to terry his only concern is not losing, coveting. His player prospects like a parasitic segmented layered shields of Annies ophaned children hopi

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
He did that in july,? Bragging about what, He hasn't won and totally F$cked the team and the players by handing out huge contracts to guys that may never sacrifice self to win as a team. He so Pejorative Slured he believes they will figure out the selfless team grind to 50 wins and inherently be like Himself. Same reasons gretzky failed as a coach. He cursed these players by making them reslonsibke to win not hungry and still striving before being rewarded w lifetime wealth to be hated by a crowd watching at home disgustedly watching living pay check to pay check. They are good kids and they grip stick or try too hard and release looks like giving up.

Fire the architect andsave the expensive material and save this frachise as her
Herik lundquist can obviously see from his view as a stranger w "ACCOUTABILITY .

Adams he seems like a tough as nails glue guy but the way he talks has always bothered me and it appears business wise he has no idea , couldn't play chess to save his life , Hes in OVER HIS Head wasting 30 games when Edmonton sent a message Terry needed to send ten games ago.

Kevyn Bet lost and now must PAY fir bad contracts too early

So what if leagues fookin you find a way. Yes your being made to look bad , fight back w film get fine stop being a telephony duck. NARCOTICS change your frequency for three hours. I can do it to work. Wtf many things change frequency better than smellin salts. Fight back or watch Kevyn deserve to be fired by making you a joke w those i kniw you'd earn on any other team. If kev made you win first you wouldn't choose frustration or hiding like poosies in the beds of your gf who will also kick yiyr rich apathetic aszes out if u are miserable not succeeding at yiur occupation

to candy asz kids that need directions as the leagues' targeted them for extinction. Its not fair but you MUST Fight and that targeting has exposes Kevs bs contracts as team must be more amped and take narcotics or do anything not to drive away a fanbase that is dumbfounded watching them bet bouncy pucked right out of any confidence to fight back.

According to your take which I'm beginning to agree w he just out talks terry , and covers his his asz. After hes done appearing to care about winning to terry his only concern is not losing, coveting. His player prospects like a parasitic segmented layered shields of Annies ophaned children hopi
Kev save your team

Fire yourself say FU to league and find tough hockey guy loyal to buff that knows we have goos team like Edmonton did. You can help Terry and new muckler bowman type that won't kiss Terry ring every day so we the fans can succeed.

C'mon Terry publically scare team and hire a guy adams and yiu trust to unconvenTion lly assess truth while giving donny that time to see if team can overcome.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Do nothing then we'll believe you came to destroy hockey forever in buffalo as some symbolic biblical gesture. Tree of life still guarded against demons. You win we all win.

Lets just play hockey because no matter what masonic bs happens
The buffal Abused which must outnumber other cities are coming for revenge even more if yiu let nhl destroy a great franchise. I wont give up.

By game 40 if they haven't won 4 straight and playing for their lives like we slave fir our lives the past 13 years yiu MUST help team or Sell it

We are watchin And many are paying for hockey INSANITY, from hell, terry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad