Rumor: Sabres trying to trade Ristolainen - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Technically, they could trade a conditional 2021 1st that shifts to 2020 if they miss the playoffs. That’s what the Sharks did in their Erik Karlsson trade when they were already missing their 2019 1st with a lottery condition on it, and then traded their 2020 1st.

True, but was saying in case the Sabres were specifically targeting a 2020 1st like the other poster suggested. No guarantees the Canucks miss this year, i think they have a decent shot. Especially if Eriksson magically turned into Ristolainen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Then the Ducks could offer Kase.
All in all, there are probably a better trading partner out there for you guys
I actually think kase for Risto makes sense.... unfortunately kase is relatively unknown outside of Anaheim. Kase is a tough 1 to move tho… as I think he can score 30/60 pretty easily if he stays healthy.

Id much rather look to move Ritchie/Henrique or silf for risto … but kase might be the one that makes most sense from buffalo standpoint.

Reactions: Kalv and Trojans86

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Risto+sheary
for
Kase+Ritchie
I prob wouldn't do that, don't care for sheary much. I think Ritchie is going to take another step forward this year. I feel like sheary is a bit questionable, and living off his big year.

Id rather just keep it kase for Risto… if add are involved It would be picks/prospect type imo. Granted I have a hard time doing kase for risto as is.

Reactions: Kalv

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I actually think kase for Risto makes sense.... unfortunately kase is relatively unknown outside of Anaheim. Kase is a tough 1 to move tho… as I think he can score 30/60 pretty easily if he stays healthy.

Id much rather look to move Ritchie/Henrique or silf for risto … but kase might be the one that makes most sense from buffalo standpoint.

I'm down with getting Kase. Love his game.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm down with getting Kase. Love his game.

His biggest problem is he hasn't really played a full season yet.... but once he gets a full season under his belt I feel like a lot of teams/fans will be impressed with the type of stat line he puts up... hed prob be pretty deadly with Eichel too.

Hes small but he is all over the other team on the forecheck, and puts the puck in from anywhere.

Like I said it would be tough to move kase, but w/ Terry, Sprong, Silf… i think we can somewhat expend kase to add risto to our backend

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
As a ducks fan I wouldnt trade Kase. He was better than Rakell last year. He does have risk because of the head injuries but I see such a huge upside with him I wouldnt away what will probably be our best forward next year if he stays healthy.

Reactions: Kalv

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
His biggest problem is he hasn't really played a full season yet.... but once he gets a full season under his belt I feel like a lot of teams/fans will be impressed with the type of stat line he puts up... hed prob be pretty deadly with Eichel too.

Hes small but he is all over the other team on the forecheck, and puts the puck in from anywhere.

Like I said it would be tough to move kase, but w/ Terry, Sprong, Silf… i think we can somewhat expend kase to add risto to our backend
Well, that's concerning for a soon to be 24-year old, especially in exchange for a relatively durable Risto. Something substantial would have to be added, e.g. Tracey or an equivalent piece.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Kase + Terry for Risto and a pick (2nd? 3rd?)? Kase would be a great fit with Eichel and Skinner, moving Reinhart to play with Mitts on the 2nd line with Vesey or Johansson. That gives us at least two competent looking scoring lines.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Thats pretty easy pass imo
Well then, your loss. I wouldn't do Kase one for one for Risto. If everything works out for him and he can bring it for a whole season, he'd be a decent return, but as it stands he's a risky asset with upside. That's not enough for Ristolainen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well then, your loss. I wouldn't do Kase one for one for Risto. If everything works out for him and he can bring it for a whole season, he'd be a decent return, but as it stands he's a risky asset with upside. That's not enough for Ristolainen.
Thats fine kase is prob the most id offer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kase + Terry for Risto and a pick (2nd? 3rd?)? Kase would be a great fit with Eichel and Skinner, moving Reinhart to play with Mitts on the 2nd line with Vesey or Johansson. That gives us at least two competent looking scoring lines.
Terry prob a big part moving forward... high upside doubt we move him.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018

Thats fine kase is prob the most id offer.
Buffalo would fleece Anaheim if that was a 1 for 1 trade
download.png

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
OP should have some of the teams needs. I am too lazy to read through, but what are the Sabres needs? Forwards, I presume, but what kind?

A 2c who has defensive chops and is either a 3 year contract until UFA or will be a RFA at the end of his contract.

A 2RW would be nice but the gaping hole until Mitts gets developed is a major pain point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks fans are the biggest homers when it comes to prospects.
How exactly is that?

Were just not in position to trade young assets... kase is great as the post 2 above mine shows.

Terry just put up 41 in 41 @ ahl in his rookie season.... why would we want to move him? Im interested to see what prospects we are homers on?

I like risto… but his stats are not that great as a whole package.. part of that has to do with buffalo... but there is a question as to how much is due to buffalo and how much is due to risto not being as good as he could be.

Were not in a win now position... so our prospects/young players are more important to the team going forward. Trading a good forward prospect for a nhl dmen that has struggled most of his career in his own end is a bit risky for a team in the rebuild/retools stage.

Outside of that most duck prospects fly under the radar league wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad