Rumor: Sabres trying to trade Ristolainen - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I know you're saying no thanks, but the value isn't off. Ehlers or Connor are admittedly pipe dreams. Whether the trade is made or not, Ristolainen is a top 4 D, and Roslovic slots as a 3C. It's not off value.
I agree, value is probably okay. I just don't have any interest in Risto for that price.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
wondering if a Juulsen vs risto would work? i know Risto is much more proven but WPG needs to clear space!

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'd still like a trade from LA for Adrian Kempe, or Winnipeg for Roslovic. Each would fill the void at 3C for the Sabres.

No thanks for LA. While Risto is a player I'd like to get, moving Kempe is not am option. LA is trying to retool around guys like him. You be looking at more or less guys like Iafallo.

Jan 21, 2018
No thanks for LA. While Risto is a player I'd like to get, moving Kempe is not am option. LA is trying to retool around guys like him. You be looking at more or less guys like Iafallo.

lmao what is this crap. ristolainen, even with all his flaws is still a top 4dman and is easily worth more than Iafallo let alone Kempe.

kings would make that trade in a heartbeat, with doughty taking the heavy minutes risto's play is bound to improve in LA.

it's insane how much hate risto gets. buffalo has been a mess for the past decade, he just needs a trade and his value will improve no different than ROR's did.

Reactions: jonu

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I can't see the Jets having any interest in Juulsen either. Personally, I know I don't.

Gives them cap space, can start right now on the third pair, playing very good defensively and still chip in offensively with good zone exits and shoot from the blue line. with top4 upside.

Last edited:

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Gives them cap space, can start right now on the third pair, playing very good defensively and still chip in offensively with good zone exits and shoot from the blue line. with top4 upside.
That's cool. But at this point Juulsen is still damaged goods, I wouldn't give up much for him, so Montreal would be better off keeping him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

We have multi bottom pairing guys, he offers the Jets nothing but extra depth.......so if you're happy with depth player return then sure he can fit in some where between 5th & 8th on the depth chart. The return would be reflective of where he fits on our team......IE a depth forward from the Moose or 4th line winger. I'm assuming you won't like that return so back to he does nothing for the Jets. Zero need for more bottom pairing guys, we have lots.

Reactions: Snowman

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
We have multi bottom pairing guys, he offers the Jets nothing but extra depth.......so if you're happy with depth player return then sure he can fit in some where between 5th & 8th on the depth chart. The return would be reflective of where he fits on our team......IE a depth forward from the Moose or 4th line winger. I'm assuming you won't like that return so back to he does nothing for the Jets. Zero need for more bottom pairing guys, we have lots.
Totally get your point and understand it! i guess we just have different view on Juulsen's upside! i feel like he could compliment a guy like Niku very well in the future! he's physical, good shot from the point, good defensively and good first pass!

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Tanev + Juolevi

Or Tanev + Gaudette + 4th

Likely not enough but that's all i'd offer

Tanev would have a better +/- than risto had on the sabres but he's older and gets hurt a lot.

member 88115

lmao what is this crap. ristolainen, even with all his flaws is still a top 4dman and is easily worth more than Iafallo let alone Kempe.

kings would make that trade in a heartbeat, with doughty taking the heavy minutes risto's play is bound to improve in LA.

it's insane how much hate risto gets. buffalo has been a mess for the past decade, he just needs a trade and his value will improve no different than ROR's did.
Nice freak out, but we still don't want Risto. LA is ok in sucking next year & are looking to trade players like Toffoli, Lewis, Carter, Martinez, Forbort and Maybe Iafalllo.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Totally get your point and understand it! i guess we just have different view on Juulsen's upside! i feel like he could compliment a guy like Niku very well in the future! he's physical, good shot from the point, good defensively and good first pass!

Jets have Poolman, Stanley, Kulikov, Niku, Pionk and Samberg who all fit that description/similar or better.......again Juulsen isn't any better then of those guys........plus he has a big injury/durability question mark around him. I'm not beating up Juulsen in the least........but he's just not offering the Jets anything they don't already have in spades.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I agree, value is probably okay. I just don't have any interest in Risto for that price.

That's fair.

LA has Turcotte, Kupari, and Thomas coming up. I think all three are with the team in the next year. If that's so, why wouldn't Kempe be available?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
LA has Turcotte, Kupari, and Thomas coming up. I think all three are with the team in the next year. If that's so, why wouldn't Kempe be available?

Because Kempe is a dynamic player that can play either Center or winger (most LA fans know he's a LW) with speed. LA doesn't have many of those kinds of players and they are changing their playing style to fit that style. But they do have guys that can fit the Risto role. Risto a definitely worth the look but not worth the price of losing Kempe.

P.s. Turcotte is the only projected Center of those 3 guys. Kupari could be a Center (we fans don't know at this point) and Thomas will most likely be a winger if he makes the team/doesn't get traded.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Because Kempe is a dynamic player that can play either Center or winger (most LA fans know he's a LW) with speed. LA doesn't have many of those kinds of players and they are changing their playing style to fit that style. But they do have guys that can fit the Risto role. Risto a definitely worth the look but not worth the price of losing Kempe.

P.s. Turcotte is the only projected Center of those 3 guys. Kupari could be a Center (we fans don't know at this point) and Thomas will most likely be a winger if he makes the team/doesn't get traded.

Fair. I don't think LA has anyone beside Doughty who can play the right side, play physical, and add offense. So he's potentially a trade target.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Nice freak out, but we still don't want Risto. LA is ok in sucking next year & are looking to trade players like Toffoli, Lewis, Carter, Martinez, Forbort and Maybe Iafalllo.
Fine with me - Toffoli fills the needs Sabres have for a top 6 scoring winger. If Botterill adds him and he goes on Eichel's line, it should work out just like it did with Skinner.

Ristolainen for Toffoli and 2nd round pick in 2020 & 2021 to compensate for Toffoli being 2 years older and on expiring contract.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ristolainen would BE idean för Toronto. It would make them really good defensively.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Im not comparing Ristolainen to ROR, but look how good O'Reilly became in better team in just one season? Locker room cancer to Selke and Conn Smythe winner.

Both have same excuses. They want to compete, play playoffs, win. Both tired of Buffalo and losing. New start.
Imagine what Dahlin could have done in Dallas ;)

member 88115

Fine with me - Toffoli fills the needs Sabres have for a top 6 scoring winger. If Botterill adds him and he goes on Eichel's line, it should work out just like it did with Skinner.

Ristolainen for Toffoli and 2nd round pick in 2020 & 2021 to compensate for Toffoli being 2 years older and on expiring contract.
More like Samuelsson + 2nd for Toffoli. LA is still rebuilding and keeping their 1st and 2nd rounders, plus are looking to upgrade from within and trade more vets. So adding UFA or high salary players is most likely not happening (unless they are almost free, which I know that is not Ristos’ case).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
More like Samuelsson + 2nd for Toffoli. LA is still rebuilding and keeping their 1st and 2nd rounders, plus are looking to upgrade from within and trade more vets. So adding UFA or high salary players is most likely not happening (unless they are almost free, which I know that is not Ristos’ case).

Samuelson is likely not getting traded given he is expansion draft exempt.

2nd and Samuelson is worth more than what buffalo gave up for skinner.

Toffoli is more along the lines of a 2nd.

Buffalo doesn’t really need a RW....you can easily have a winger play opposite side like Olofsson and they have Reinhart.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'd still like a trade from LA for Adrian Kempe, or Winnipeg for Roslovic. Each would fill the void at 3C for the Sabres.
I like Risto, but I don’t see a fit in Winnipeg.
First off, his cap hit is an issue since we are still trying to sign Connor and Laine.
Secondly, he’d end up getting the same type of usage as he’s been getting in Buffalo, being paired with Morrissey on the top pair.
Risto is best suited to a 2nd pairing role.

wondering if a Juulsen vs risto would work? i know Risto is much more proven but WPG needs to clear space!
While I think the Jets need to start looking for solutions to an increasingly injured Buff, (you can’t replace everything he brings on the ice), Juulsen needs to prove his injury issue is no longer an issue, before I’d be willing to trade for him.
That being said, I think Juulsen, if healthy, is a good top 4 D in the making.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad