Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Kyle Okposo (7 years, $6M AAV)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Nothing too interesting in the TSN interview. When speculating about where he'd fit into the Sabres line-up, said O'Reilly was one of the toughest guys he played against last year, thinks Eichel will be a superstar. Nothing earth-shattering, but certainly plays into the narrative that having great centers helps attract wingers.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nothing too interesting in the TSN interview. When speculating about where he'd fit into the Sabres line-up, said O'Reilly was one of the toughest guys he played against last year, thinks Eichel will be a superstar. Nothing earth-shattering, but certainly plays into the narrative that having great centers helps attract wingers.
Pegula effect is huge

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
They need to move out one of Kane, Ennis or Moulson for me to like this. The AAV is good and I like that it's front loaded and bonus driven, but there's too much being spent on the wing now. Move someone out.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
They need to move out one of Kane, Ennis or Moulson for me to like this. The AAV is good and I like that it's front loaded and bonus driven, but there's too much being spent on the wing now. Move someone out.

In the next couple of years, sure, someone should be moved out. But we're not currently cap-strapped. Let's enjoy the depth while we can afford it (unless a W is moved for D).

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
On the plus side:

Looks like another option in the shootout.

Can finally say that I hope he and his family are blessed with more babies without causing any posters to mount a campaign against all that encompasses Buffalo. Looking at you, Matt :laugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
In the next couple of years, sure, someone should be moved out. But we're not currently cap-strapped. Let's enjoy the depth while we can afford it (unless a W is moved for D).

Exactly. It's fine for this year.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Congrats on the signing Buffalo fans!

I really wanted K.O. to sign with my Minnesota Wild, but knew there is no way we could afford him.

You Sabres team is going to be incredible. Even this upcoming season, I expect big things from them.... and a few years down the road, Buffalo will be kicking the Eastern Conference's butt for years!

Congrats, and glad you guys are not in our conference.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Congrats on the signing Buffalo fans!

I really wanted K.O. to sign with my Minnesota Wild, but knew there is no way we could afford him.

You Sabres team is going to be incredible. Even this upcoming season, I expect big things from them.... and a few years down the road, Buffalo will be kicking the Eastern Conference's butt for years!

Congrats, and glad you guys are not in our conference.

You could still trade for Ennis or Kane. See, there's a bright side right??

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
For 6 a year...I mean... all day they were preparing me for 7 plus. 6 is fine. Term is whatever. It's frontloaded aND there's always a team willing to take high cap low dollar contracts to reach the floor. And that's only if they need it. 6 is better than I expected.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That is an incredibly painful way to deal with his signing.

Well, it seems like that was the preferred alternative. So he shouldn't have to now. Although I'm not sure who would've made him in the first place.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
His cap hit will be much less when our players come up for contracts because of the money being spent now.

Front loading the contract does nothing to the cap hit. The cap hit is the average amount over the whole length of the contract ($6 Million per year). All front loading does is make the actual dollar payout less later on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad