Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Kyle Okposo (7 years, $6M AAV)

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Front loading the contract does nothing to the cap hit. The cap hit is the average amount over the whole length of the contract ($6 Million per year). All front loading does is make the actual dollar payout less later on.

Oh, I'm dumb. Thanks for setting me straight.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Good deal money/cap wise, solid topline winger, contributes in the playoffs, fits in with our core of young centers.

Pretty happy with the player and contract, my only concern is his injuries, but hopefully that's behind him.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If people are expecting Okposo to carry the team and be a superstar they are going to be disappointed. If they want a good player who can play top line minutes and produce over 50 points a season then you will be happy.

Look at it this way, if we had Okposos last season and he put up 60+ points; all those 1 goal loses last season. Half of them could have been a win or at least a point as we headed into overtime.

He could be a game changer like that. If he could put up a point in at least 50 games on the season he's already worth his contract. Scoring or goal or setting up a goal regardless.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I don't think Vesey signs with us.. I hope it happens, but i have my doubts

I've upped my confidence from 25% to about 45%. Based on available quotes, it sure seems like Vesey's camp is softening their stance on going to August 15. If I didn't know better, I'd say it's starting to almost seem as if the parties agreed on a timeline of slowly coming closer together so as not to suggest the fix was in while he was still Preds' property.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I've upped my confidence from 25% to about 45%. Based on available quotes, it sure seems like Vesey's camp is softening their stance on going to August 15. If I didn't know better, I'd say it's starting to almost seem as if the parties agreed on a timeline of slowly coming closer together so as not to suggest the fix was in while he was still Preds' property.

Based on what I've heard I'm thinking in the next week he signs. :)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

It sounds like all sides attacked it like they wanted to make sure it looked clean and not that we traded for him because we knew he'd sign.

1. It changes nothing...we are going ufa

2. I mean...they're on our list so I guess we can talk

3. He's warming up to the idea and they're open to anything

Next stop "after a hard look it just seemed like the perfect fit for what we were looking for"

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Sorry to all this offends, but there are few places in the United States I want to live less than Long Island

Except the arena isn't in Long Island, it's in Brooklyn, about a 30 minute walk from and also surrounded by great residential neighborhoods. It's actually about a 20 minute walk from me, absolutely amazing neighborhood with great mix of quaint residential with commercial/entertainment. Ironically enough, I chose this neighborhood because it reminds me most of Buffalo...

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
I could definitely see a guy with 2 kids and one on the way choosing Buffalo over NYC.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Lost in all the fear of term.... is the fact that this is the most significant UFA signing in Buffalo... like... ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad