TBN: Sabres refusal to salute fans after wins confirmed-Harrington

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I can't tell you how little I care if the players salute us fans after a win in regular season..sorry..can't get worked up about this
I guess I should say this as well. I don't care that the team isn't saluting the fans.

I'm pissed at the lack of urgency coming into this season and the inability to make changes when things aren't going right. Not saying I need firings, but I need them try something different on the power play for the love of God. Get some net front presence so you don't have to beat the goalie clean from the outside constantly. Play your best players. Make some real roster improvements where there's obvious need! Play your ass off at every home game right from the start.

These are all basic things that other teams do.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I take offense when they play shitty... I don't take offense at a "show of contempt" .. these aren't my buddies or fam ..

I don't take offense at either. I don't pay one dime to the Buffalo Sabres per se, so there's no reason for me to expect anything in return except for a couple of hours of entertainment on game day.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Is Okposo's "Fathers" time is up?
The poster child for loserville.

I don't take offense at either. I don't pay one dime to the Buffalo Sabres per se, so there's no reason for me to expect anything in return except for a couple of hours of entertainment on game day.
You pay through endless obnoxious advertising. All over the TV, ice boards and unis.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I kind of wonder if the veteran player quoted is Dahlin. I remember he was particularly irked at the “Fire Donnie” chants. I hope it’s Okposo or Girgs, because they will be gone soon enough one way or the other.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
We have come full circle in the Sabres life cycle. It is time to "cut out the cancer". It is just a little bit unclear who that is at the moment.

It is upsetting that a team that has been basically a .450% team under current leadership thinks that the fans more or less booing them are the problem.

This is a united endeavor. There isn't one other player with a spine in that locker room to say "cut the shit". I am not sure this can be fixed with "get rid of x". Brining in a vet or 2 next offseason who can grab this team by the scruff literally and figuratively.

I have no way of proving it. But I am worried that one of the large extensions we gave out are a loud internal voice co-signing this trash.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Do I care if Buffalo is saluting the fans? No, but if they stop doing it out of spite its childish and poor leadership.

I been watching this team miss the playoffs for around 25% of my time on this planet. They can kiss my ass if they think they can get anymore money out of me while this team continues to miss the playoffs and the GM puts a poor product on the ice.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I kind of wonder if the veteran player quoted is Dahlin. I remember he was particularly irked at the “Fire Donnie” chants. I hope it’s Okposo or Girgs, because they will be gone soon enough one way or the other.
The beauty of modern technology is that we might be able to determine the player using artificial intelligence.

1708299714594.png

oh boy

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I’ve said many times that the arena is a miserable place. It’s the worst home ice experience in the league going on 2 decades. It’s like Buffalo fans are just waiting for something bad to happen.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I’ve said many times that the arena is a miserable place. It’s the worst home ice experience in the league going on 2 decades. It’s like Buffalo fans are just waiting for something bad to happen.
It was pretty awesome during the co-captains era IMO

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Another low for a franchise that has had way too many of those in the past decade plus.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Honestly doesn't bother me one bit.
I honestly just tried to recall sponsors and I really can't think of any and i've watched almost every game. I don't get the crowd that is mad at helmet stickers or digital boards, it is literally zoned out. Now the NFL...... Burger King can die

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I gotta admit I was on the “fire Granato” bandwagon. Now after reading Harrington I can admit I no longer wish to ride to ride the bandwagon. I want to drive it, straight through Pegula’s yacht.

These players really think .500 hockey since the Columbus game exonerates the coaching?

The complacency between players, coach, management, and ownership has never been greater. This organization is brain dead from top to bottom.

Welcome to hockey purgatory.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I honestly just tried to recall sponsors and I really can't think of any and i've watched almost every game. I don't get the crowd that is mad at helmet stickers or digital boards, it is literally zoned out. Now the NFL...... Burger King can die

I feel like there is a BK ad placement that should go here instead of a reply.

Reactions: SundherDome

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
I don't blame them for me it's all on Adams. He can talk about effort and compete all he wants at the end of the day it's a lack of talent/roster construction. These guys are pro hockey players and are competitive by nature.

Unless I missed something the goal this year was never playoffs. At some point sustainable winning and building long term success has to bridge to short term success. Going into the season without quinn and no replacement was a bad miscalculation.

Even running with Benson who has been fun to watch was probably foolish. How many teams in the league does he get a spot on this year out of camp?

I really don't think the team has underachieved to any degree. It makes sense that they are salty at the entire situation. They are playing hard, doing the best they can but they do not have the talent to win night in and night out.

I'm really hoping this is the last year where the only plan is hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: