Value of: Sabres need an NHL-calibre goalie

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Talked about it on the Sabres board, but I think the Sabres would be thrilled if we could get MAF from Vegas.

Odd man out in Vegas, couldn't give him away at full cap hit with a second during the offseason, but he's still hungry and wants to prove himself.

Would Vegas be willing to retain on him to move him for a similar forward or defenseman from Buffalo (assuming MAF is willing to waive to come to Buffalo)?

Not sure MAF waives in a vacuum, but could see if there was a handshake deal and things were not working out you'd move him to a contender [presum w/injury to fill as is par for the course every year].

Not sure what Sabes have that LV wants besides picks/cap relief [that BUF would part with].

1. Rangers - LV
Deangelo + Geo
for
Martinez + MAF at half + LV 2022 1st + 2021 NJD 2nd + LV 2023 2nd

Vegas gets younger and cheaper with more upside.
Rangers get paid futures to accept stopgaps.

2. NYR-BUF
MAF to Sabes, either full pop one price
OR
retained again max 50%
[which = 7.0 reduced to 3.5 again then to 1.775 per season]

if he is retained 2x, he will realize it is easier to move him if he wants out, and on that basis, might waive.

thoughts/what does BUF offer here

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Not sure MAF waives in a vacuum, but could see if there was a handshake deal and things were not working out you'd move him to a contender [presum w/injury to fill as is par for the course every year].

Not sure what Sabes have that LV wants besides picks/cap relief [that BUF would part with].

1. Rangers - LV
Deangelo + Geo
for

Vegas gets younger and cheaper with more upside.
Rangers get paid futures to accept stopgaps.

2. NYR-BUF
MAF to Sabes, either full pop one price
OR
retained again max 50%
[which = 7.0 reduced to 3.5 again then to 1.775 per season]

if he is retained 2x, he will realize it is easier to move him if he wants out, and on that basis, might waive.

thoughts/what does BUF offer here

Zero percent chance Vegas gives a 1st and two seconds to the Rangers for that package on top of retaining 50% of MAF's salary, lmao

I think you're randomly inserting the Rangers into a trade that doesn't need to involve them

Reactions: Mrfenn92

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zero percent chance Vegas gives a 1st and two seconds to the Rangers for that package on top of retaining 50% of MAF's salary, lmao

I think you're randomly inserting the Rangers into a trade that doesn't need to involve them

we disagree

Deangelo has baggage but has demonstrated talent.
Geo is a better complement to Lehner, and is good enough to c0mpete and maybe taker starter away from Lehner.
VGK badly wanted to move MAF, no takers, they still do.

They have SEVERE cap probs.

Yes there is a hit of spread out futures, but as indicated there is no ? talent upgrade/younger/cheaper up front.

Vegas is contender but needs mo talent add to nudge ahead of competition.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
we disagree

Geo is a better complement to Lehner, and is good enough to c0mpete and maybe taker starter away from Lehner.

Yes there is a hit of spread out futures, but as indicated there is no ? talent upgrade/younger/cheaper up front.

Vegas wouldn't retain on MAF during the offseason, they aren't going to suddenly retain 50% on him on top of giving up a 1st and 2 seconds (and Martinez) for DeAngelo and Georgiev

You are being delusional

Reactions: Mrfenn92

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
we disagree

So now Rangers fans are finally willing to admit that DeAngelo has baggage? I don't see much of a market for the player personally Nor do I see Vegas paying a premium to get a guy like Georgiev.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

1. Rangers - LV
Deangelo + Geo
for

Vegas isn’t giving up 1st and 2 2nds in that deal.

Martinez is worth more than ADA. Gio us lucky to get a 2nd.

buffalo isn’t giving up a core trade chip for MAF.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019

Dahlin is garbage right now and if Buffalo doesn't progress significantly this year Eichel will go the way of Dubois. They go from worst to best goaltending in the league and improve defensively for the year. Face the music writings on the wall

explore

Jun 28, 2011
Dahlin is garbage right now and if Buffalo doesn't progress significantly this year Eichel will go the way of Dubois. They go from worst to best goaltending in the league and improve defensively for the year. Face the music writings on the wall

Goalies don't go for anything close to what you think they're worth

lmfao

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Allen for Ullmark and a 2nd?

Allen is paid 4M this year, but has already signed a 2 years / 2.8M AAV after that. Upgrade on Ullmark for cheap, and you'll pay him cheap for years to come.

Ullmark is paid 2M. We got 2M out of the mass. He finishes the year with the Habs, then GTFO and we play Primeau. And we take yet another cool 2nd pick.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Allen is paid 4M this year, but has already signed a 2 years / 2M AAV after that. Upgrade on Ullmark for cheap.

Ullmark is paid 2M. We got 2M out of the mass. He finishes the year with the Habs, then GTFO and we play Primeau. And we take yet another cool 2nd pick.

No thanks. Habs finally have a decent tandem going. No need to mess with it.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Cool story, how come you haven't won a boat load of cups with your better than Hasek goalie, yet?

Closest Buffalo was to winning the cup was with Hasek and barely anyone else, whereas since the post Miller approach of trash goaltending they haven't finished outside the bottom 10 once despite having piles of lottery picks on their roster. Makes you think

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Get out of here with your trash. Dahlin is fine, go watch the game.

explore

Jun 28, 2011

Allen is paid 4M this year, but has already signed a 2 years / 2M AAV after that. Upgrade on Ullmark for cheap, and you'll pay him cheap for years to come.

The Sabres want to upgrade Hutton, not Ulmark

The Sabres are already struggling with a former St. Louis goalie, so we'd probably want to avoid him for that reason alone

Reactions: Bouboumaster

explore

Jun 28, 2011
Closest Buffalo was to winning the cup was with Hasek and barely anyone else, whereas since the post Miller approach of trash goaltending they haven't finished outside the bottom 10 once despite having piles of lottery picks on their roster. Makes you think

Based on your posts, I'm not sure if you can read, but this was on the first page, and parts were even bolded:

The Sabres are willing to trade draft picks (up to top-15 protected first, or multiple seconds), but not core roster players, so we aren't looking for superstar-calibre goalies, just goalies who are around the NHL average.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The Sabres want to upgrade Hutton, not Ulmark

The Sabres are already struggling with a former St. Louis goalie, so we'd probably want to avoid him for that reason alone

I got ya. Well, Price is kind of untradeable for multiple reasons, so I won't even bother lol

Hope you turn it around, I'm kind of a fan of your team

I think you're only two or three piece away to be a force in the league

Reactions: explore

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Based on your posts, I'm not sure if you can read, but this was on the first page, and parts were even bolded:

The Sabres are willing to trade draft picks (up to top-15 protected first, or multiple seconds), but not core roster players, so we aren't looking for superstar-calibre goalies, just goalies who are around the NHL average.

You already have NHL average goalies on your roster.

Buffalo doesn't have the structure/discipline to get by with an average goalie like Isles do, they need a star to bail them out. Or you get Raanta then 2 months later wonder why he's underwater

Reactions: bernmeister

explore

Jun 28, 2011
I got ya. Well, Price is kind of untradeable for multiple reasons, so I won't even bother lol

Hope you turn it around, I'm kind of a fan of your team

I think you're only two or three piece away to be a force in the league

Love Montreal's history, hope you guys can build on the pieces you've picked up

You already have NHL average goalies on your roster.

Buffalo doesn't have the structure/discipline to get by with an average goalie like Isles do, they need a star to bail them out. Or you get Raanta then 2 months later wonder why he's underwater

You definitely can't read

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad