Value of: Sabres need an NHL-calibre goalie

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bernier should be available for a very reasonable price as a rental
Get real what's your reasonable price on Bernier? Right now Bernier's about our best Goaltender he's not going to be reasonable by any means. He'll easily command a late 2nd round pick and perhaps a b prospect if we retain 50% of his contract. He's absolutely going nowhere until April 12th and even that's only if Yzerman gets his price for him.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
lol
concur but this HAD to be a joke

go w the better value deal, viz how much does Raanta cost?

----------
IF Rangers did a package sending
Deangelo + Geo +
for
MAF at half + + signif futures

would you have interest in MAF?
at half x 2
or possibly retained again?
What makes you think that MAF has any interest in Buffalo? Why would MAF waive from a contender in Vegas for a Non-Contender in Buffalo?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Bobrovsky's NMC says screw you Buffalo.

Andersen will go to the highest bidder, And Buffalo isn't going to be the highest bidder.

Get real what's your reasonable price on Bernier? Right now Bernier's about our best Goaltender he's not going to be reasonable by any means. He'll easily command a late 2nd round pick and perhaps a b prospect if we retain 50% of his contract. He's absolutely going nowhere until April 12th and even that's only if Yzerman gets his price for him.

What makes you think that MAF has any interest in Buffalo? Why would MAF waive from a contender in Vegas for a Non-Contender in Buffalo?

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Going to be hard to find a suitable goalie now. They might have to get creative in finding one and take big gamble out of desperation.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

Judging by the debacle stirred up by his agent in the playoff bubble last year, I was under the impression that he wanted to be a starter . . If that’s still the case, with that contract, beggars can’t be choosers

Aside from that, Buffalo has improved from last year and a good G only makes them better

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I don't think it is that serious or deep, I don't really see how you could be so fired up by my suggestion. I agree it is too early to trade away Bernier and if he does get moved it will be much closer to this season's TDL, but he has never really been more than a 1B type in the league. Last year and so far this year he has been excellent, which unfortunately will be overshadowed for most non-Wings fans by the tire fire roster in front of him, but ultimately goalies don't often hold that much value in trades and he is going to be 33 in August. I don't think it would be shocking if Yzerman came away with something like a (later) 3rd or something in that value range, like a project prospect or w/e.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Bobrovsky's NMC says screw you Buffalo.

Andersen will go to the highest bidder, And Buffalo isn't going to be the highest bidder.

Dude, you've been on this website since 2013 and you don't know how to use multi quotes?

(Click the "+Multi-Quote" button under each post you want to reply to, when you've clicked all the quotes you want to reply to, scroll down the page where you insert text and click the "Insert Multiple Quotes..." button, Click the red "X" button on the pop up, then reply like a normal person)

lol
concur but this HAD to be a joke

go w the better value deal, viz how much does Raanta cost?

----------
IF Rangers did a package sending
Deangelo + Geo +
for
MAF at half + + signif futures

would you have interest in MAF?
at half x 2
or possibly retained again?

The guy before him tried to offer a middling goalie for Reinhart, and the guy before that guy made ham-fisted attempt to turn Dubois into Eichel. At a certain point, you have to realize some posters legitimately have no understanding of player values

Raanta's salary isn't an issue because Buffalo has an extra $2.2 million on LTIR from Girgensons injury that isn't currently being used, so the trade that me and an Arizona poster agreed to worked out perfectly cap-wise. And since Raanta is a UFA at the end of the season, there's no worrying about what to do if he doesn't pan out.

Most Sabres fans are on board with MAF at 50% retained, but I think the question remains on whether Vegas is willing to do that since the most they offered was a second round pick to any team willing to take MAF at full salary during the offseason and there were no takers.

Likewise, I don't think a third team is likely to be involved if MAF were traded simply because of the risk of potentially being stuck with MAFs salary on their roster until 2023, so your three-team proposal is very unlikely to happen in my opinion

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Doubt he has desire to leave LV at all, let alone to non contender in higher taxed state.

However, he has already won a cup -- I think -- and w/commitment to Lehner, expect he will get increasingly reduced role.
Starter's role may appeal to him.

May think better long term to posture himself if he takes a final contract after this.

And finally, there is the mutual back scratch factor.
Agree to waive, shows you are willing to do a favor.
When you retire, that goodwill can be useful.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
seems like the off season would be the time to address that. like 1 month ago.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you got the cap space, Fleury would be a cheap guy to acquire cause Vegas would probably like to use that cap space on another team need in the line-up to shore up their cup run. Adding Pietrangelo is scary but they need a center

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Why didn't you guys pick up Dell when he was waived?

What about Dansk from VGK?

You should have signed Greiss when you had the chance, but I get that you didn't know about the injury issues.

Pekka Rinne? I am sure he could be had for peanuts. You don't need him for long term anyway.

Jarry might need a change of scenery?

Antti Niemi could hold the fort for the year?

David Ayres is available..even on Yahoo Fantasy!

JF Berube?

Calvin Pickard?

Louis Domingue?

Fucale was once highly regarded?

You're not gonna get a stellar goalie for what you want to pay with regard to trading, so you're stuck with 3rd rate., but a lot of these guys can hold their own and a lot are a hit or miss.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If you got the cap space, Fleury would be a cheap guy to acquire cause Vegas would probably like to use that cap space on another team need in the line-up to shore up their cup run. Adding Pietrangelo is scary but they need a center

We don't. Only way Fleury fits is if Okposo goes the other way, or 50% retention and Miller going the other way. Basically, any trade would need to be cap neutral.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We don't. Only way Fleury fits is if Okposo goes the other way, or 50% retention and Miller going the other way. Basically, any trade would need to be cap neutral.

You are probably stuck with what have have until the off season then. Or... I wonder. Trying to get creative here. Knights make a move for Dubois. Glass, Krebs, 1st, Fleury for Dubois. Then the Blue Jackets flip Korpisalo to the Sabres? :naughty:

Would the Knights ever be scary then eh!

Reactions: Team Cozens

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Why didn't you guys pick up Dell when he was waived?

What about Dansk from VGK?

You should have signed Greiss when you had the chance, but I get that you didn't know about the injury issues.

Pekka Rinne? I am sure he could be had for peanuts. You don't need him for long term anyway.

Jarry might need a change of scenery?

Antti Niemi could hold the fort for the year?

David Ayres is available..even on Yahoo Fantasy!

JF Berube?

Calvin Pickard?

Louis Domingue?

Fucale was once highly regarded?

You're not gonna get a stellar goalie for what you want to pay with regard to trading, so you're stuck with 3rd rate., but a lot of these guys can hold their own and a lot are a hit or miss.
Because Sabres. They're not interested in building a roster. Almost nothing they do makes sense to me

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This season and the format, plus all of the logistics involved with quarantining, has created such a bizarre goaltending market top-to-bottom. Just seems like a really tough (and probably very expensive) time to try to make a deal for a capable NHL goaltender - much less a "league average" one.

Feels like Buffalo are probably just gonna have to roll the dice with a waiver-caliber pickup (that they'll probably still have to pay through the nose for) and hope for the best. Or just take their lumps, write the season off...and try to address the situation in the offseason. Really no good options there...but it is indeed, in large part, a bed of their own making. Not managing to address an already very weak goaltending situation to begin with. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad