Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
You could have responded. You just chose not to. It wouldn't be that hard.
Actually, this weekend, it would. I’ll stick with my expanded and abridged attempts to explain my position and defer to the current tone of the thread regarding Antipin and an incoming Antipin Part 2.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
They could phrase it differently, but yeah, why did someone like Beaulieu get to directly contribute to GA and stay in the lineup and Antipin was yanked for similar or lesser ills. It would've possibly been more impactful in the moment than at the end of year.
This post led me to discover a thing called a LIKE button. Like a pig to truffles. Don’t worry, I’m the pig in this scenario, and in most of this thread.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hey Larry...We got you a roommate.

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The more I watch the more I like Pilut's game. He's a steady asset to add. Might not be more than a 3-4, but that's the depth that this team needs. Re-sign Nelson and get Antipin back again.

Reactions: CacOBG

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The more I watch the more I like Pilut's game. He's a steady asset to add. Might not be more than a 3-4, but that's the depth that this team needs. Re-sign Nelson and get Antipin back again.

Dahlin
Guhle
Pilut
Scandella
Ristolainen
McCabe
The decomposing body of Bogosian

Are all roster players next year. Unless moves are made I can’t imagine Antipin AND Nelson both returning. That’s 9 deep for six spots if both returned. Antipin would not only never get out of the press box but I fear Pilut is with him until Bogo gets hurt. And Nelson too.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Dahlin
Guhle
Pilut
Scandella
Ristolainen
McCabe

Are all roster players next year. Unless moves are made I can’t imagine Antipin AND Nelson both returning. That’s 9 deep for six spots if both returned. Antipin would not only never get out of the press box but I fear Pilut is with him until Bogo gets hurt. And Nelson too.
Antipin is as good as gone. If they bring back one of Antipin or Nelson it will be Nelson. Wont be missed with Dahlin on the roster.

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Dahlin
Guhle
Pilut
Scandella
Ristolainen
McCabe

I expect for Bogosian to be bought out. There's always a possibility to sell off McCabe.

Reactions: brian_griffin

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Cheap depth who will now have to fight to get ice time. Not worried about him sticking around.

I agree, it just depends on what Botterill means by "massive changes". We could see anything from a "main core player" to supplemental. It just depends on those factors. Personally, we should be ready for sweeping changes.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah there’s no reason to move McCabe at all on the deal he’s on for two more years.

He finally might get to play with a good pair in a spot he should have been in soon.

Bogosian on the other hand...

Reactions: Jamie Walker

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I agree, it just depends on what Botterill means by "massive changes". We could see anything from a "main core player" to supplemental. It just depends on those factors. Personally, we should be ready for sweeping changes.

Very true. I have no idea what Botts will do. Which is simultaneously exciting and scary :laugh:

Reactions: TheCerebral1

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So does Dahlin make it more likely or less likely for him to come here?

Some reports say he’s already signed the contract they just can’t register it until he’s done with the national team. I believe they play/played their last game today.

Either way I don’t think Dahlin has any effect on it. There’s only a couple D here in good graces with the organization as it is.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, the only LHD under contract in the organization who didn't finish the season in Buffalo were Martin and Stephens who both spent the year relatively unimpressively in Cincinnati. They need what he can offer, even if he doesn't start in Buffalo right out of camp.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Damn I'm really liking Kempe's game, I thought he was one of the only decent players against LVK as well. Seems he has good speed and hands but hes on a huge goalless streak (last scored Feb 7th). Wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Kings.

Either way great goal by Pilut, really hope he signed here so I don't have to watch Blowyou or McTrash anymore.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Dahlin
Guhle
Pilut
Scandella
Ristolainen
McCabe

Beaulieu is still here too. And since he's a Botts pick up, chances are he stays.

I do expect them to carry 8 D. They liked calling up extra D even when they had a healthy scratch so that makes things a touch easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad