Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Regardless if he's a project or not, this is exactly what the Sabres need to do. To continue to bring in assets with some floor that can exceed or push others for competition. Please no more Falk's, Tennyson's, etc. Unless they stay in Rochester.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Beaulieu is still here too. And since he's a Botts pick up, chances are he stays.

I do expect them to carry 8 D. They liked calling up extra D even when they had a healthy scratch so that makes things a touch easier.

I don't think that's any guarantee. He could be shown the door just as much as anyone else not named Eichel, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Reinhart, Ullmark can be.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Beaulieu stay? What is he going to be our 20th defenseman?

Dahlin
Scandella
Guhle
Antipin
Pilut
McCabe

All who play or can play the left side and are superior to Beaulieu.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

Dahlin
Scandella
Guhle
Antipin
Pilut
McCabe

Antipin is gone and I suspect Dahlin will play RD. Bealieu could be 7D unless we brikg someone else in.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is he better than zaitsev/antipin?

We're about to find out. I think Antipin could be better than Zaitsev. I'm not ready to see him depart, even if he's on the cusp. Gorges is gone, Falk is UFA and while a good foot soldier for them in doing what they asked, he's not good. There is still a place for a 7/8 who can move the puck.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Dahlin
Scandella
Guhle
Antipin
Pilut
McCabe

Paul Hamilton thinks he gets waived to Rochester. I never thought about it because I try to avoid thinking about Beaulieu as much as possible..but I hope he’s right.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Paul Hamilton thinks he gets waived to Rochester. I never thought about it because I try to avoid thinking about Beaulieu as much as possible..but I hope he’s right.
Even better is he gets picked up off of waivers. I am willing to eat that 4th round pick to be done with that guy forever.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC

Dahlin
Scandella
Guhle
Antipin
Pilut
McCabe

What about Nelson? He showed he belongs in the mix. Why let him walk for free. Antipin is likely gone because I don’t think Housley believed in him.

How’d you get rid of Bogo? Don’t foresee a buyout, it’s too much dead money and who is gonna take the guy in a trade?

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
What about Nelson? He showed he belongs in the mix. Why let him walk for free. Antipin is likely gone because I don’t think Housley believed in him.

How’d you get rid of Bogo? Don’t foresee a buyout, it’s too much dead money and who is gonna take the guy in a trade?

Those are lhd. Bogo and Nelson are rhd

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
#FreeBogo #Buyout2018, that's what we should be screaming for Bogosian.

I want Bogo gone as much or more than anyone else. Whatever it takes. I could only speculate to why he is constantly injured but I won't. It doesn't matter. I'm just done

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
#FreeBogo #Buyout2018, that's what we should be screaming for Bogosian.

Someone would take him for a 3rd/4th. He's overpaid and always hurt but before last season all I heard was praise for his leadership qualities. I'm guessing Housley will want to keep him around if he is indeed a good locker room presence. Keep him as a 7th defenseman until someone comes calling when their defense gets thin from injury, or just leave him in the press box until someone needs a rest. We don't need his cap space that bad this year, and he only plays as much as a 7th defenseman anyways.

Maybe they can name a burger after him. The Bogo burger. It's an average burger that costs $21 and every third one is stuffed with a bolt in the center. Guaranteed trip to the emergency room and a paid week off if you get the "special" one.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We probably won't be able to buyout Bogosian and Okposo until the CBA negotiations where we get compliance buyouts. That's right around when we are gonna need the cap space.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I say ride it out. This still isn't a playoff team.

Hate doesn't lend itself to good cap management sometimes. I think some people dislike the player so much they want him gone if it doesn't make any sense financially. I agree with you - no sense extending cap usage years out just because you don't like someone.

Reactions: CacOBG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad