Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Edited my first post where I said they have signed Pilut. That was sloppy of me. The article said they have an agreement, not that the contract is signed. My apologies.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
This is the important part of the article (my translation):

There is a well documented interest for Lawrence Pilut in the NHL.
According to sources to Hockeypuls, Pilut has agreed on terms with the Buffalo Sabres.
- Lawrence is not yet signed by any NHL-team but has narrowed it down to three teams, agent Patrik Aronsson says to Hockeypuls.

The rest is mostly background, that he is currently representing the Swedish National Team, age and numbers which I think you guys can figure out without translation. What's interesting is that he led HV71 in points and that he was also the top point scoring defenseman in the SHL. Basically what tsujijumoto said. :)

Reactions: brian_griffin

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
As long as hes an upgrade over Antipin and Bealieu Im cool. Of course lets see if this is formalized first or just a rumour. When can we sign him if we are indeed?

DianaHump

Apr 22, 2018
Nice Brother!
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/smule.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/smule.png

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I think the language barrier was a huge hurdle for Antipin. If this kid can speak decent English, he's already a step up. Or maybe we can stumble into a fellow Swede or two to help him out. ;)

The Dahlin friend is already signed. Olofsson. So this is probably more of a press box guy. ;)
But speaking of Antipin - does signing Pilut have any impact on his tenure as a Sabre?
I think Antipin was probably gone either way. Personally.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He’s a lefty, so regardless of what he did on the wide ice he will be shoved into LD here

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
From Dobber:

March 2018 – Lawrence Pilut is at the top of the SHL defenseman scoring race with 37 points in 49 games, and he’s also leading his team in points. Pilut won the SHL Championship last season with HV71, and they’re on their way to the playoffs again this season. The 22-year-old Pilut is an offense-minded defenseman who plays big minutes in all situations. His skating is good but not great. He’s not a very physical player but uses his smarts to play a solid defensive game. He doesn’t have a heavy shot but is good at finding open lanes to get pucks to the net. Pilut should have multiple NHL offers on his table once his season is over because he’s one of the most interesting free agents available. He could start next season in the NHL if he can quickly adjust to the smaller rink size after only playing in Sweden so far in his career. Jokke Nevalainen

Fantasy Outlook: B-

Offense-minded defenseman with second-pair upside

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
This is the kid whose dad was born in the U.S. English is not a problem for him. I would look at the Leafs who signed Borgman and the other Swedish dman last year. Both spent some time with the Leafs but most of their time in the AHL developing. Probably a similar scenario if he signs with Buffalo.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I think the language barrier was a huge hurdle for Antipin. If this kid can speak decent English, he's already a step up. Or maybe we can stumble into a fellow Swede or two to help him out. ;)

I think Antipin was probably gone either way. Personally.
His dad is from Detroit, and as English is taught in Swedish school from a young age, so I'm pretty sure he can talk a bit more than Antipin :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Excellent. Salming Trophy as best SHL defenseman, is more than just a one-way offensive guy though he has those skills. I'm very pleased with this if it is indeed happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->