Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Hate doesn't lend itself to good cap management sometimes. I think some people dislike the player so much they want him gone if it doesn't make any sense financially. I agree with you - no sense extending cap usage years out just because you don't like someone.
Good thing GMs are acting like fans most of the time.

And I want Pilut on the roster over Bealieu please.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
What's the current approximate organizational depth ~5 deep on each side?

Left side:
Scandella
Pilut (assuming he is/will be signed)
Guhle
McCabe
Beaulieu

Right side:
Dahlin (LHD, plays mostly right side, & left-side PP, so can play either side)
Ristolainen
[Antipin, if re-signed, left handed but prefers right side]
Bogosian (Buyout Bogosian if he can get healthy in time.)
Nelson (if re-signed)

With potentially Dahlin, Pilut, Guhle seeing decent time in BUF next season, would be wonderful, as others have noted, to sign UFA Tobias Enstrom 4 years x $6M to help with the new Swedes.

In terms of depth, that would give something like:
Scandella-Risto
Enstrom-Dahlin
Pilut-Antipin (if Antipin resigned)
Guhle, McCabe, Bogosian,

they're thin on the right side, would really like to see Antipin re-signed.

Can you imagine the skating/puck handling from the back end in a couple years with Dahlin, Pilut, Antipin, Guhle, Ristolainen, with Scandella and Enstrom keeping it steady?

If Phil's going to stay as HC and "activate" that defense, they need an assistant coach to focus on in-game matchups, and Botterill needs to mandate Antipin is re-signed and plays.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I just can't imagine Antipin staying with Buffalo this year. I'd like to see it, but the way he was treated makes me think he's decided to go elsewhere.

I'd love to add another established D. and get rid of (hopefully) both McCabe and Bogo.

By next season, we should have a very good backend.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I just want Sabretooth on the roster, would probably be an amazing shot blocker!
We already had a goalie who relied on his footprint to make saves, and he spent half his time jumping so far out of the crease anyway that people skated around him.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
We already had a goalie who relied on his footprint to make saves, and he spent half his time jumping so far out of the crease anyway that people skated around him.
So, you're saying we should make Sabretooth the goalie?

Actually, if he brought the t-shirt cannon out with him that could actually work. Especially on shootouts. Imagine how wild the crowd would go when he rappels in from the rafters for shootout time. Just that alone could seriously perk up a normally dead building.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Don't want to use him as a goalie, want to use him as a defenseman as a shot blocker. My wild fantasy of Sabretooth winning the Norris will not be denied!!!

Reactions: Reddawg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It'll be official when it can be. I'm still just happy that he's going to be in the fold. Now for a forward and goalie to bolster the system...

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It'll be official when it can be. I'm still just happy that he's going to be in the fold. Now for a forward and goalie to bolster the system...

Goalie being the key one.

Defense and forwards are important talk, but you wanna talk about a position bare of future talent, it’s goalie.

Reactions: Chainshot

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Any chance McCabe bounces back? A couple years ago he had a bright future. Maybe he had some rough personal stuff this past year.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Any chance McCabe bounces back? A couple years ago he had a bright future. Maybe he had some rough personal stuff this past year.

3rd pairing role with the right partner maybe, he looked decent when he played with Guhle. I think the Sabres would do well to have Guhle, Pilut, and Dahlin on different lines so each defensive unit has a "quarterback." The biggest problem with McCabe was the grenades he tossed to the wrong team on our breakouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad