Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Whatever, Pilut got pushed around too much. Every time he had to play along boards, you knew he wasn't winning the puck battle.

His offense wasn't noticeable either. People still acting like there is some huge potential with him.
He was only the best defender on the team...

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
So you can only use one defenseman?

Almost everyone in the league plays a 1-3-1 setup, so unless you have a defenseman that's a shooting option or that can play the half-wall, it doesn't make sense to roll 2 dmen. I could be wrong but I think San Jose is the only team that runs 2 dmen up high. Our top unit was:

----- Dahlin -----
VO---Reinhart---Eichel
----- Risto -----

I don't count Risto here as a true defenseman because he was our net front guy, which is the only position I'd tinker with, and certainly not with Pilut.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
No, but it doesn't surprise me someone in the Sabres organisation doesn't know what they're talking about.

Reactions: Chainshot

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
No, but it doesn't surprise me someone in the Sabres organisation doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yeah I thought this was the case which made me question mine and Der Jaegers comments.

Edit: Erinko specifically mentions NHL out clauses. Is Pilut able to negotiate a different out clause that doesn’t say anything about the NHL specifically?

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Maybe these were the internal things that they knew about that the fans didn't....

We were gifted a young top 6 dman and proceeded to keep him in the minors when it was evident he was ready... Yet this regimes biggest issue is forcing not ready prospects to play in the NHL. Man, they can't do a damn thing right. Totally get them bringing him back, not like Futa is out there for free.

This team is going to have a real bad time signing Euro free agents.

Reactions: jc17 and kirby11

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Yeah I thought this was the case which made me question mine and Der Jaegers comments.

Edit: Erinko specifically mentions NHL out clauses. Is Pilut able to negotiate a different out clause that doesn’t say anything about the NHL specifically?

I don't believe so. I think his only way out of a KHL contract prematurely is a mutual agreement with the club to terminate the contract.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Or it's just a bargaining chip for his RFA contract.

Reactions: sabresEH

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

They are not forbidden in the KHL. that's wrong.

Out buddy Vladimir Slowboatka had an NHL out clause in his KHL deal a few years ago, and when he re-negotiated the deal, he didn't read it closely enough and they took it out, forcing him to stay there.

EDIT : Jagr also had one, although he never invoked it.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
They are not forbidden in the KHL. that's wrong.

Out buddy Vladimir Slowboatka had an NHL out clause in his KHL deal a few years ago, and when he re-negotiated the deal, he didn't read it closely enough and they took it out, forcing him to stay there.

EDIT : Jagr also had one, although he never invoked it.

Igor Eronko wrote that about 8 months ago and he is now literally an assitant GM of a KHL club. I hope you'll forgive me for trusting someone in a management position with a successful KHL club rather than "Embracing the Sack".

Furthermore, your argument that Nhl out-clauses exist because Sobotka specifically did not have one doesn't inspire confidence.

As for, Jagr. No, he didn't. Most 'out-clauses' I see people referring in regards to KHL contracts to are actually player-options to extend the contract (Antoly Golyshev signed a 2+2 deal about a year ago for example) and I'll assume that's what you're thinking of. Jagr signed a 2+1 contract and invoked the extra year.

Jagr leaves NHL to play for Russian team Avangard Omsk

"Sources told ESPN.com on Friday that Jagr has a "no-out" clause, locking him into staying in Russia for the length of the deal -- at least two years, with a third possible year, at Jagr's discretion.|

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Igor Eronko wrote that about 8 months ago and he is now literally an assitant GM of a KHL club. I hope you'll forgive me for trusting someone in a management position with a successful KHL club rather than "Embracing the Sack".

Furthermore, your argument that Nhl out-clauses exist because Sobotka specifically did not have one doesn't inspire confidence.

As for, Jagr. No, he didn't. Most 'out-clauses' I see people referring in regards to KHL contracts to are actually player-options to extend the contract (Antoly Golyshev signed a 2+2 deal about a year ago for example) and I'll assume that's what you're thinking of. Jagr signed a 2+1 contract and invoked the extra year.

Jagr leaves NHL to play for Russian team Avangard Omsk

"Sources told ESPN.com on Friday that Jagr has a "no-out" clause, locking him into staying in Russia for the length of the deal -- at least two years, with a third possible year, at Jagr's discretion.|
I'm thinking it is probably just an out but since they don't have a transfer agreement with the KHL they can't use their name. Just like some KHL players that have NHL or bust outs.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Sobotka can’t get out of KHL contract

Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said that’s why Sobotka returned to Avangard Omsk this week instead of returning to the NHL.
Sobotka, 29, signed a three-year, $12 million contract with the KHL club in 2014, a deal that included an “out” clause. But when financial hardship hit the Russian economy, Armstrong was told that Sobotka renegotiated his contract to earn more money and unwittingly signed a new document that excluded the clause.
“It was more complicated as I found out when we got into Toronto and I met with him directly,” Armstrong said. “Sort of the Coles Notes’ version, he signed a deal there, the ruble crashed, they renegotiated it and my understanding is they told him ‘No problem, sign this,’ and they took the ‘out’ clause out. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know.”

I didn't pull it out of my ass, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad