Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
If they keep him down in Rochester beyond this weekend, then I give up. This organization gets what it deserves (no scoring, a lot of losses).

Reactions: Chainshot

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Oh my god the team is playing like shit and you guys think its the end of the world, dahlin is fine step a breath and relax.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Another hot take: I think Dahlin would benefit from a month of playing 28 minutes a game in Rochester, being a top pairing guy.

may not even be waiver exempt any more

that is what we should have done to start LAST season. Pilut should have started up here, brought Dahlin up around Christmas

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Anyway, Pilut is good and this organization is a garbage heap that cannot stop stepping on rakes every time it takes a step.

Reactions: Chainshot

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Another hot take: I think Dahlin would benefit from a month of playing 28 minutes a game in Rochester, being a top pairing guy.
100% agree with this. He has lost his confidence and mojo. He needs to go dominate the lower league for awhile and get it back.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
that's a little too far in the other direction. he's not that bad.

Which part of his statement? That Dahlin is not currently playing like a top 4 D? I think that’s accurate.

I think a lot of it is a confidence thing. He looked better offensively and with the puck earlier in the year than he has lately. Getting benched every time we protected a lead in the 3rd can’t have helped.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
hot take

right now, he's better than Dahlin
Definitely better than McCabe who is our worst LD by a decent margin. Pilut should be called up within the next week if this organization is serious about competing this year.

Dahlin-Montour
Pilut-Risto
Scandella-Joki
McCabe

Divide the ES time evenly and depending on performance.

But I'm assuming this joke of an organization will try to fit Bogosian in somehow because he has anger issues and is a vet.

Reactions: Kyndig

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Imagine demoting a young player every time his numbers slipped? Would be pretty poor judgement.
Imagine allowing a young player to build confidence and further develop his game by playing as a top pairing defenseman, becoming someone trusted on the penalty kill and playing at the end of tight games. It’s time to get over the idea that it has to be a punishment to spend time in the AHL.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
why it would have been good for Dahlin to spend time in Rochester last year was he has never played as a number 1. He was a second pair D man in the SEL. Let him spend a couple of months as a number 1. The year Myers spent as an 18 year old back in junior as a number 1 allowed him to transition smoothly as a 19 year old. Dahlin could have used that transition to get used to playing #1 minutes with many more games then he played in the SEL

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Pilut's development began at birth when his parents decided to name him Lawrence instead of Larry after his father. There is a lesson here for the Vesey's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->