Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think Pilut would gladly take a call up over the AHL experience.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
image.jpg

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Another negative effect from not trading Risto when his value was still reasonable.
This organization can't get out of it's own way.
F this team.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Another negative effect from not trading Risto when his value was still reasonable.
This organization can't get out of it's own way.
F this team.
Not trading risto ? you mean not waving bogo and trading scandella in november surely?!!

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Botts: We want puck moving defensemen who can help with our transition, guys who can jumpstart the offensive attack.

Larry Pilut: *exists*

Also Botts/Krueger: I need to see Bogo and McCabe soil themselves under pressure in the d-zone another 100 times before you can maybe draw in.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Several ppl including J White are speculating that this could be a negotiating tactic.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Yeah, sure, another defenceman would have made our forwards score more... I like Pilut and I really hope this is just a tactic and he stays, but this sounds like the opinion of someone that just plays around with WAR calculators and doesn't watch the team.

We missed the (expanded) playoffs for exactly 3 big reasons:
  • Our special teams was terrible
  • VO & Skinner missed stretches and weren't the same upon return
  • At the trade deadline we were 6 points out, at which time Eichel seemed to experience an ailment and was laboring during games. During that stretch we went 1-6 and Eichel was -9 with only 1 goal. Our one-line team became a team that couldn't score at all:

upload_2020-5-27_15-8-38.png

I fail to see how Pilut affects any of these items...

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Yeah, sure, another defenceman would have made our forwards score more... I like Pilut and I really hope this is just a tactic and he stays, but this sounds like the opinion of someone that just plays around with WAR calculators and doesn't watch the team.

We missed the (expanded) playoffs for exactly 3 big reasons:
  • Our special teams was terrible
  • VO & Skinner missed stretches and weren't the same upon return
  • At the trade deadline we were 6 points out, at which time Eichel seemed to experience an ailment and was laboring during games. During that stretch we went 1-6 and Eichel was -9 with only 1 goal. Our one-line team became a team that couldn't score at all:

View attachment 347849

I fail to see how Pilut affects any of these items...

He might have helped the other teams score less though, and wasn't it the Risto hit that injured Jack.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Well, can't really blame Pilut if that happens.

The second I saw Botts was coming back I would be flying out of here as fast as I could too.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Whatever, Pilut got pushed around too much. Every time he had to play along boards, you knew he wasn't winning the puck battle.

His offense wasn't noticeable either. People still acting like there is some huge potential with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad