Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
What he showed seemed fine to good. He belongs in the NHL as a top 6 option. Slotting him as a 1-3 guy, now or in the future is tremendously optimistic; he's found money.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
10 min interview in swedish: HVTV träffar Lawrence Pilut om första året i NHL
Boring interview, no takeaways really but if you guys are curious:
  • Really enjoyed the start of the season in Rochester
  • Called the players in Rochester "gubbar" a direct translation would be "old men" (doesn't really come with a negative connotation in swedish) but refers to the players in Buffalo as "grabbar" which is slang for "boys." Both a pretty common when refering to teammates in Sweden but funny that he used the words exclusively for each team.
  • Nervous first game in the NHL, not much of a big deal after that
  • Brought his GF to the states
  • Enjoying both Buffalo and Rochester
  • Went back to Sweden for the surgery since it was the same as last time, rehabing with the old veterans Teemu Laine and Björn Melin as personal coaches "they really know how to trigger him" (ex cult players), working har din the gym
  • Practicing a lot with Brännström (don't know if he means Isac or Erik)
  • Hanging out with Borgman as well
  • First priority is rehab, long term to get back to playing for the Sabres (doesn't seem averse to some time in Rochester)

Many thanks!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Things are going to get interesting soon.

Yup, I've loved Scandella's game, but I'm of the opinion that Pilut is the better defenseman. McCabe has an A, and Dahlin is Dahlin. Once Pilut is game ready it's got to be Scandella.

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Risto
McCabe-Jokiharu

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Yup, I've loved Scandella's game, but I'm of the opinion that Pilut is the better defenseman. McCabe has an A, and Dahlin is Dahlin. Once Pilut is game ready it's got to be Scandella.

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Risto
McCabe-Jokiharu

What about Montour

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pilut practicing is awesome. I'm glad he's back on the ice in full contact as of mid-October. I'm curious how long it will take him to get back to game conditioning and timing, then how soon will he be back to being himself. There is no rush to jettison anyone yet. They have time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Or he just stays in Roch until someone gets injured.
I fully expect him to be in the Roc for a month or so to get back into the groove of things, but when he's game ready, then he'll likely be the better option than Scandella,imo. He'd also balance the pairs better.

Scandella has really surprised me, though, and if he continues his play, then it would be hard to take him out of the line-up.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
We’re 100% in the position to slow play pilut’s return and let him return to dominance in the ahl.

Working from a position of strength is new to me concerning Sabres hockey...
yep, as long as Marco-Joker continue solid play, slow burn Pilut back in the AHL and let Gilmour continue to ride the pine (until Montour is ready). Great position to be in.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Ralph hasn’t seen Pilut or Bogo at all in training camp so if he is true to form he will have no reason to remove someone from the roster to play them. Montour did have some time in the new system so Ralph could conceivably put him in over Miller or Joker. But if they told him to find a place to live, there is no room for someone. Something has to give.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Ralph hasn’t seen Pilut or Bogo at all in training camp so if he is true to form he will have no reason to remove someone from the roster to play them. Montour did have some time in the new system so Ralph could conceivably put him in over Miller or Joker. But if they told him to find a place to live, there is no room for someone. Something has to give.
Miller or Joki are not coming out of the lineup, as they’re the second and third best defenders on this team. If it were me, it’d be McCabe, Risto or Scandella coming out.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Miller or Joki are not coming out of the lineup, as they’re the second and third best defenders on this team. If it were me, it’d be McCabe, Risto or Scandella coming out.

McCabe has an A, he's not coming out. Neither is Risto. Scandella's a possibility, but I don't see that happening for Pilut or Montour right now, either.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Pilut with the pass that led to a goal on this play.

Finished with a goal and two helpers, needless to say he had a pretty good night.

And he’s not in Buffalo because… Reasons. They need to clear a roster spot for this guy sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad