Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Stat line looks very impressive so far for Pilut.
6 points in 5 games and a team high plus 5.

Can anyone comment on his actual play?

I didn’t get to see today’s game because Bills but I will say that I believe he has been the best player in Roch the four games I’ve seen. He’s an nhl player playing in the ahl. Not a “well..maybe he will develop” guy...he’s an nhl player playing in the ahl.

If anyone has a different take on his game I’m open to hearing it but stat line aside he is the real deal imo.

Reactions: Mitts888

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I can easily see him promoted within the next two months . I believe Botterill played it safe with him sending him too the AHL to develop and get used Too playing in North America .I can easily see him playing on the second line with Dahlin once he’s promoted and sending McCabe too the 3rd line and sending Bealieau too the press box or even Nelson because I really like the way Bealieau has been playing but once Guhle is up we will have 9 NHL defenseman including Hunwick. Wow we have Depth something we haven’t had in a while

Reactions: RecycledEichel

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Hey may as well be a future top4.
With the d we have now he certainly will.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Pilut is a LD. Do you really want his first taste of the NHL playing RD?
If you can skate and stickhandle it is not such a big deal. He thinks and plays the game way faster than Nelson for instance.
McCabe/Dahlin have been fine together. Besides he could play LD with Risto or Bogo.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Seems silly to have him down in the AHL... he's going to be choked that he signed with the Sabres if they keep him buried after his play down there.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Seems silly to have him down in the AHL... he's going to be choked that he signed with the Sabres if they keep him buried after his play down there.

We have to give preference to our washed up vets who led us to last place last year. Only change we made was replace Guhle with Dahlin. And we expected a different result? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: struckbyaparkedcar

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He’s out of the Amerks lineup tonight, on a day where the Sabres had Dahlin skate with a forward at practice because many D were sidelined.

I swear you’ll never guess who was among them. Hint...it’s Bogosian

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I do hope this means Botterill will figure out the best way to solve the logjam for playing time among Rochester D is to jettison the Sabres horror show that he brought back almost in full only to see the exact same result.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I do hope this means Botterill will figure out the best way to solve the logjam for playing time among Rochester D is to jettison the Sabres horror show that he brought back almost in full only to see the exact same result.
I 2nd this sentiment!!!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Ahh. I hope he is back soon. Pilut has earned a top 6 spot.

I want to see when fully healthy...

Scandella-Risto
Pilut-Dahlin
McCabe-Bogo
Beaulieu

Guhle first call up. Nelson should never dress again. Would rather play Hunwick over Nelson.

Reactions: Eichittelharthlin

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Ahh. I hope he is back soon. Pilut has earned a top 6 spot.

I want to see when fully healthy...

Scandella-Risto
Pilut-Dahlin
McCabe-Bogo
Beaulieu

Guhle first call up. Nelson should never dress again. Would rather play Hunwick over Nelson.

Dump Bogo and add Laaksonen next year and that D can really move the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad