Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Bealieu has been much better than Nelson. Why would we waive the better player? Just waive Nelson and be done with this saga. By all accounts Pilut belongs in the NHL and for me Nelson doesn't so it's a no brainer.
That’s debatable. But it doesn’t really matter - they aren’t waiving either of them. Injury will resolve this situation eventually. It always does.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
To be honest guys I think they wanna keep Pilut in the AHL for as long as they can. The Sabres defence isn't so desperate right now that they need him up right away. Let him groom his game and continue to build confidence in the minors. He'll be a mid-season call up no doubt.

Agree

Abraham de Lacy

Biggest tease of the season for me is the countdown until him and Dahlin are playing together.

Yes, that would probably work. As far as I know they have never played together before.

Dahlin made Timothy Liljegren look like a superstar when they were paired in the last World Juniors .. he makes everyone around him look good it seems.

But Lawrence Pilut is a better D than Liljegren in my opinion. I've checked the Amerks videos and he always plays like that. He looks ready to me.

I guess that perhaps they are waiting for an opportunity to slowly start looting the treasure chest in Rochester.. I'd choose Pilut first, but it depends on what is needed. It is a pleasurable problem though as long as the Sabres are winning.

Reactions: Fearnot

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Both Olofsson and pilut are nhl ready after dominating shl.

I attended The Amerks Friday night game, and they certainly looked the part v Utica...

It wasn't just that The Amerks dominated the game (save part of the 2'nd), but they both read the plays so quickly, and made nice crisp passes.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
How much longer can the Sabres justify keeping this guy down? Now 15 points in 10 games, +11, and, by all accounts, also succeeding on the side of the puck that doesn't show up so well in box scores (you know, defense).
After we go on a skid, fire Phil and hire Q.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
After we go on a skid, fire Phil and hire Q.
And then botterill, who makes these decisions, will suddenly decide it's time to pull up Pilut?

I genuinely would be happy keeping Rochester intact if it meant they could go to the calder cup finals (it's way early, i know). Having the young kids and new guys win would be great for us long term.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I can see Botterill waiting for Hunwick to get healthy and waiving him (assuming he clears) to swap out with Pilut, and/or waiting until he can work out a trade of Beaulieu or Nelson to make room and still get an asset back for making that roster spot. He won't be in a rush, as I think Botterill values all the time these guys can get in Rochester.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
How much longer can the Sabres justify keeping this guy down? Now 15 points in 10 games, +11, and, by all accounts, also succeeding on the side of the puck that doesn't show up so well in box scores (you know, defense).
As long as they are playing well.

Pilut is down in part to acclimate to NA ice but also to work on his defensive game. Which isn’t nearly on the level of his offensive game (which is awesome).

I have no issue with it at the moment.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Not that one has anything to do with the other but probably about the same amount of time they can justify keeping Tag up.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I can see Botterill waiting for Hunwick to get healthy and waiving him (assuming he clears) to swap out with Pilut, and/or waiting until he can work out a trade of Beaulieu or Nelson to make room and still get an asset back for making that roster spot. He won't be in a rush, as I think Botterill values all the time these guys can get in Rochester.
Hunwick can't really swap in for Pilut due to the veteran limit.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
As long as Buffalo is playing pretty well, I don't mind keeping Pilut down until someone on the big club gets hurt - which is inevitable. He's still working on his D game.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
They really should think about calling up Pilut ASAP even without injuries. I understand that they're working on him to refine his game to prepare for the NHL, but he'd be a massive upgrade over Nelson by miles and might develop better in the NHL at this point.

He'd make the Sabres a much better team and they would win more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad