Sabres Fan Advantage loyalty program and codes

comotellamas13

Jul 10, 2011
I was under the impression that you could only pick up in person and not have anything mailed to you. That was the case last year as I missed out on my foam finger keychain. Can they mail prizes this year for sure?

I don't believe they will mail anything. All of the items have the disclaimer about being picked up. Even the raffles state in the terms that you must reside within 75 miles of FNC to be eligible to win.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't believe they will mail anything. All of the items have the disclaimer about being picked up. Even the raffles state in the terms that you must reside within 75 miles of FNC to be eligible to win.

I think you are correct, though I hope not. My baby sister certainly isn't going to the Sabre Store in May to pick me up my prize...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Sorry about posting that prizes could be mailed to you.
I thought someone on here last year said they had a prize mailed to them which is why I made that statement.
Maybe you were allowed to have them mailed last season but this season you are not allowed to have them mailed to you?

Last edited:

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Any word on of the store will be reloading again or if they are done? Trying to decide wether to pull the trigger on a hat and half a dozen beer coozies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sorry about posting that prizes could be mailed to you.
I thought someone on here last year said they had a prize mailed to them which is why I made that statement.
Maybe you were allowed to have them mailed last season but this season you are not allowed to have them mailed to you?

You DEFINITELY couldn't have them mailed last year. I asked because I'm an out of towner....

RazorRay32

Nov 9, 2015
Any word on of the store will be reloading again or if they are done? Trying to decide wether to pull the trigger on a hat and half a dozen beer coozies.

I spoke to the guy, Nick, who runs the program and he said as far as he knows (he runs it but doesn't really know??) the last refill was already done the other day. He does know there are lots of people with LOTS of points and not much left at all, so he is going to check and see if more stuff can be added. You do have to pick up the rewards in person, now at the store, but I am betting there will be a booth set up at the draft. I have a bunch of points left as well, and I am really hoping they add something else that is not that awful, ugly, discontinued 3rd jersey.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
I spoke to the guy, Nick, who runs the program and he said as far as he knows (he runs it but doesn't really know??) the last refill was already done the other day. He does know there are lots of people with LOTS of points and not much left at all, so he is going to check and see if more stuff can be added. You do have to pick up the rewards in person, now at the store, but I am betting there will be a booth set up at the draft. I have a bunch of points left as well, and I am really hoping they add something else that is not that awful, ugly, discontinued 3rd jersey.

Yeah, I passed on the 3rd when I could have grabbed one. I'm currently passing on the opportunity to grab multiple one buffalo hats. Nothing left has any value for me. Even the 30% off, which is only 20% for me because I get 10% as a season ticket holder, excludes jerseys and draft merch. So I'll pass on that too.

RazorRay32

Nov 9, 2015
Some of the Coors codes are working again today, I got 110 points, not that there is anything to use them on. :(

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Nothing wrong with spending leftover pts on the raffle. Could end up with tickets to Bills and Sabres home openers or some nice fan collectables

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
http://onebuffalo.com/myonebuffalo/

MY STATUS

After the success of Sabres Fan Advantage over the 2014-15 and 2015-16 Sabres seasons, the My One Buffalo Status Program pushes the concept even further while uniting Buffalo’s sports teams. The program is defined by three key components. The first is that fans will now be placed into tiers with different benefits based on how often they interact with the teams. Interactions include purchasing season tickets, attending home or away games, watching Sabres broadcasts, attending team events, dining at (716) Food and Sport, and more. Examples of benefits include discounts at the Bills Store and Sabres Store as well as digital goods, surprise offers, and invites to special events.

Second, all of these interactions are automated and no longer need fan actions to get credit for interacting. The stadium, arena, and HARBORCENTER all have iBeacons, so any fan that leaves their Bluetooth settings on will get credit for attendance. The Sabres have partnered with LISNR to leverage inaudible tone technology, so fans watching Sabres games only need to allow access to their microphone to get credit for watching. Any fans attending away games or events just need to leave Location Services on while using the app and they will receive credit for supporting the team.

Third, there’s more ways for more fans to participate in the program. By including the Bills, HARBORCENTER, the Bandits, select events at the arena and stadium, as well as events for fans outside Western New York, the status program truly encompasses everyone who considers themselves part of One Buffalo.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
This past season was the 2nd season in a row i accumulated a lot of points. Then when i go to "cash" them in at the end of the season, the store wasn't fully stocked with things. I ended up getting nothing at all. They need to keep the stock full all the way thru the entire season and a little beyond so the fans who pile up the points have great things to choose from.

So far, it's a frustrating experience.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
This past season was the 2nd season in a row i accumulated a lot of points. Then when i go to "cash" them in at the end of the season, the store wasn't fully stocked with things. I ended up getting nothing at all. They need to keep the stock full all the way thru the entire season and a little beyond so the fans who pile up the points have great things to choose from.

So far, it's a frustrating experience.

I hit 4000 points with around 6 games left in the season, ended up checking the app 4-6x a day waiting for a refresh. Was able to snag a jersey that way, just had to be aggressive

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Wasn't able to get anything 2 years ago but got a nice Reebok 1/4" zip jacket this year. I thought the description said fleece but its actually made out of that dry fit material. Im disappointed that its not returning. Im not a Bills fan, a season ticket holder, or go to more than a handful of games per year, which is the type of fans this new program favors. Oh well.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Wasn't able to get anything 2 years ago but got a nice Reebok 1/4" zip jacket this year. I thought the description said fleece but its actually made out of that dry fit material. Im disappointed that its not returning. Im not a Bills fan, a season ticket holder, or go to more than a handful of games per year, which is the type of fans this new program favors. Oh well.

I thought the description said that things like watching games and listening to the radio would still give you points, but automatically (no keyword).

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I thought the description said that things like watching games and listening to the radio would still give you points, but automatically (no keyword).

Yes, that's what's they're planning on doing.

Instead of the whole checkin / ticket scan / keyword nonsense, they're doing 2 things.

- iBeacons : Bluetooth LE tech. Developed by Apple, but it's a standard protocol. Works on Android too. Basically there will be little transponders installed at the arena. If you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone, when you walk by one, the transponder pick up that you're there, and the app will give you credit for attending the event.

- HF Sound : This is newer tech, I sat through a conference presentation on it once. It's data transmission over sound frequencies at the upper edge of human hearing. It's becoming more widely used, but the idea here is similar to the iBeacon. If you're home watching the game, they can inject a tone that you will not be able to hear. Have your phone in the room with you, it picks up the tone off the broadcast, and the app gives you credit for watching.

I like their idea, moving towards 'just show up and we'll take care of the rest'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad