Sabres Fan Advantage loyalty program and codes

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Master list of codes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OYKU-RDtdMYLiHbbStR-yWVy4-QyhUdKd-g8IS33oCc/edit?pli=1 (all codes expire at 5:00 PM ET the day after the corresponding game)

Neat program they're starting here, and some of the rewards they have available right now look pretty neat.

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the launch of a new fan loyalty program, “Sabres Fan Advantage,” that will give fans the opportunity to earn points that can later be redeemed for Sabres merchandise, tickets and exclusive fan experiences.

Sabres Fan Advantage is a mobile application that will be available as a free download in the Apple App Store or Google Play and anyone with a smart phone with IOS or Android operating systems can download the app and participate in the program.

Fans participating in the program can earn points by scanning codes on tickets or receipts from merchandise and concessions purchased in First Niagara Center, as well as by entering keywords announced during broadcasts of Sabres games on MSG. The points can be redeemed in a “store” within the application for team merchandise, game tickets and exclusive fan experiences, such as player meet-and-greets. Additional ways to earn points, and additional redemption choices, will be added throughout the 2014-15 Sabres Fan Advantage season, which runs from Oct. 16, 2014 through June 30, 2015.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=734776&navid=DL|BUF|home

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Nice little perk. I'm sure they aren't the first pro team on the planet to do this.

Debbie downer comments incoming ...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Excited to do this. Gonna try it on my game tickets from the few home games this past week or so. Could be really good for someone who goes a lot or invests much time and money into the Sabres.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
A few interesting levels from the loyalty program:

0-1000 points: "Casual Bandwagoner" Level. 5% discount at all concenssions
1000-10000 points "Down with the ship" Drinks are now buy one get one free! And free relettering of any Sabres jerseys
10000-100000 points - "Tank Commander" Same as "Down with the ship" level, but includes a free Eichel/McDavid bobblehead

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Oh hey, my boss just did some work on integrating this for FNC :laugh:

Seems like a great perk for season ticket holders especially.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Pittsburgh Penguins have been doing this promotion for awhile now - its called PensPoints - http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83332 -
I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprise if this was one of the last few things that Ted Black "invented" there before coming to the Sabres.

Was just going to say this. My wife is really into it. The pens have keywords during pre and postgame broadcasts, radio broadcasts, points for going to games, buying merc, buying concessions, going to special events, hidden codes around the arena, etc...

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
One of the "How to earn points" listed is Hockey Hotline. What does that mean? Do I need to listen to K-Sly to earn points? Well screw that if that's the case. I'll just scan all my season tickets before selling them. :biglaugh:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

1000-10000 points "Down with the ship" Drinks are now buy one get one free! And free relettering of any Sabres jerseys
10000-100000 points - "Tank Commander" Same as "Down with the ship" level, but includes a free Eichel/McDavid bobblehead, preferred seating for the 2016 NHL draft, autographed Ron Rolston gardening gloves with a 6-pack of 0.5 liter waters, and a chance to be a Sabres defenseman for a game.

Fixed.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
One of the "How to earn points" listed is Hockey Hotline. What does that mean? Do I need to listen to K-Sly to earn points? Well screw that if that's the case. I'll just scan all my season tickets before selling them. :biglaugh:

don't count on being able to do that. the ticket doesn't activate until after it has been scanned in at the arena. It might also check GPS to make sure you're actually IN the arena when you scan the ticket.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
I am excited. I feel like that says something about me that may not be complimentary, but there it is. I'm a sucker for perks.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

10000-100000 points - "Tank Commander" Same as "Down with the ship" level, but includes a free Eichel/McDavid bobblehead

If I get 100000 points, I want Eichel and McDavid to spend a week at my house playing video games.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Word of the day for ten points is buffalo.

Where'd you get this word from? The app said Hockey Hotline when I put it in, but in the "How to Earn" section, it says hockey hotline words are supposed to be 5pts.

I'm outside of buffalo and at work during the time hockey hotline airs, so there's no way I can listen in live and get the words. It'd be cool if ppl kept posting all the words here :yo:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Where'd you get this word from? The app said Hockey Hotline when I put it in, but in the "How to Earn" section, it says hockey hotline words are supposed to be 5pts.

I'm outside of buffalo and at work during the time hockey hotline airs, so there's no way I can listen in live and get the words. It'd be cool if ppl kept posting all the words here :yo:

Just happened to tune in at the end of the Ted Black segment on SHH today where he said what it was. Figured I would share it here. It would be great if each day's word is posted by someone.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Hmm... I can access the archived audio of sabres hockey hotline on WGR's website and it has an option to let you text search through the audio. I've been occasionally checking to see if I can find the words that way, but it hasn't led to anything. Just now I was able to find today's word in the archived audio for hour 2. I wonder if this is the first word that's been given out on hockey hotline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad