GDT: Sabres @ Devils 7 PM EST TV: MSG Radio: WGR550

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
It just seems like its the same mistakes over and over and over again. How many times do our players need to give the puck away at the other teams blue line and get scored on before they stop making dumb plays? Mittelstadt has been in the league over 6 years. He should know better by now.

Clifton is approaching Ville Leino levels of bad as far as free agent signings go. He actively hurts us whenever he is on the ice.

Reactions: Ehran

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
It's a hockey message board dude. People come here to give their opinions on hockey. If people express the opinion that the team sucks they are not getting worked up. Everyone has bigger things going on in their lives. You sound like an ass telling people to not take it too seriously because almost nobody is.
Last thing I’ll post on this since I don’t particularly like being called an ass by a stranger

1) someone asks if anyone is still positive on the org
2) I answer that I am because we have young talent, and i personally don’t get too worked up over lack of success ( I never have said that makes me better than anyone else or that others should do the same)
3) you come in and say I’m virtue signaling
4) I restate my position
5) you double down and now claim I’m belittling posters who are negative because I’m calling them “worked up”. I never said any of that

I think that people have every right to come here and post about why they think the team stinks right now. We are below expectations. That’s why I’ve had what, 13 years here posting about the Sabres? I dont think I offend too many. Feel free to criticize the team, I just don’t personally take it too seriously, which probably allows me to carry a more positive outlook than those who are ringing the neck off this team( which again, I think is totally fine)

Enjoy your evening, I’ll be back Monday to watch the rangers game hoping for a win!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20231125_220902.jpg

This organization deserves NONE of the poor unfortunate souls in this picture. Wonder if they'll make it up to us by giving us all one of those puzzles they gave STH's?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
the thing with owen power is that he does not play defense and never has. like, in his life. why would he all of a sudden start now? so really it's our fault for expecting him to do that

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Listening to Granato's postgame ... he's a f***ing idiot. He has no answers and clearly doesn't know what to do.
Almost seemed pissed at Lance for asking semi tough questions and not putting a golf ball on the tee for him.

There’s no confidence in this staff and the team is a reflection of their leadership.

the thing with owen power is that he does not play defense and never has. like, in his life. why would he all of a sudden start now? so really it's our fault for expecting him to do that
And relying on him to be a top 4. Defenseman take longer. Make him earn it. Johnson’s been better make Power go to the AHL.

This team and organization is entitled. Very few have had to earn it

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Family dinner tonight. Just kept an eye on the score.

Keep scrolling back through your comments to discover when the disaster started. Still scrolling ...

So another horrible start. How many more shots does Don get? He's surely not the whole problem, but this playing from behind has got to stop.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
As much as some posters don't like the idea , I think we should go hard after Kane. The biggest issues are poor passing and creativity with the puck. They treat the puck like a hot potato. Dump the puck chase the puck , retrieve it and then make a bad pass as soon as it is on their stick. Nobody ,other than Dahlin can skate with the puck with their heads up ,looking for an open guy. Lots of passes going to nobody. Kane has that magic where he can hang onto the puck,waiting for someone to get open.
Okay, so that addresses one line, maybe at 5 vs 5, and maybe addresses one PP unit. Then what?

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
As much as many of you hate on this team. I still have hope they will get out of this funk when players get healthy. The good news no team is really playing that well right now.

Look at regulation wins. The Sabres have 8 which puts them middle of the pack.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Frustrated like everyone else, but last minute injuries and call ups, missing 4 top 9 players, 2nd of a B2B with travel (albeit not much), and no UPL. I will just pretend this game didn't happen. A loss here was extremely predictable.

Reactions: Dex

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
This team sure does love ruining special games. The Benson goal, Okposo 1000th game, Kulich/Rosen debut, all ruined.

Tonight was beyond pathetic. First game I shut off early all year. A disgrace to hockey itself.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Almost seemed pissed at Lance for asking semi tough questions and not putting a golf ball on the tee for him.

There’s no confidence in this staff and the team is a reflection of their leadership.

And relying on him to be a top 4. Defenseman take longer. Make him earn it. Johnson’s been better make Power go to the AHL.

This team and organization is entitled. Very few have had to earn it
I noticed that too with Lance, who normally does launch softball questions. These guys need to be held accountable and have their feet to the fire a bit this year. The fans can only put up with development for so long.

We shouldn't be making excuses around age with young veterans like Dahlin, Cozens, Tage, Tuch, Skinner, etc. These guys have more than enough NHL experience and are all largely at prime age. How many of the recent cup winners had their best guys in their mid-20s? I think of Crosby, Kane, Kopitar, etc. all winning cups in their early to mid 20s. Meanwhile our guys are still trying to figure out the basics of hockey? Spare me that shit!

Reactions: SabresFan26

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hats of to Mike Harrington for his master class trolling efforts on Twitter. Guy is drawing Freebirds at the Sportatorium level heat, bravo!

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Listening to Granato's postgame ... he's a f***ing idiot. He has no answers and clearly doesn't know what to do.

Yeah, he's like a deer in headlights. He has to go

Hats of to Mike Harrington for his master class trolling efforts on Twitter. Guy is drawing Freebirds at the Sportatorium level heat, bravo!

That guy's hot takes are hilarious. The only guy who knows less about hockey that management. His legendary take is Ryan O'Reilly is untradeable with that contract.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I have thought about switching Owen Power to wing a couple of times this season. But obviously the correct answer is to let him develop as a D. He does need some Adam Sandler Happy Gilmore in front of the pitching machine style treatment to make him less contact averse though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00