GDT: Sabres @ Devils 7 PM EST TV: MSG Radio: WGR550

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Losing 8-2 when you carried play the majority of the game and puck luck was insanely against you is something that happens to even the best teams a few times a season.

Nobody gets blown out as badly as the Sabres did on the stat sheet last night. Not even the 2007-2022 Buffalo Sabres have had a worse SCF% than we did last night. We quite literally set a new franchise low.

72-31 corsi
38-12 shots
46-9 scoring chances for 16.36% Sabres worst performance in this stat since natural stat trick began tracking it in the 2007-2008 season.
19-5 high danger shot attempts
Or to put it another way:

Teams coached by Garden Gloves, Abysmal, Housley and Ralph (!) never played a single game as bad and lopsided as last night.

Teams literally assembled deliberately to lose games never played a single game as bad and lopsided as last night.

Reactions: Fearnot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
How is pointing out that last night was a historically poor performance, rather than a one off bad puck luck performance “nit picking it to death”?
I was referring to all the posts in response to mine. None refutes the basic point of the tweet.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I have thought about switching Owen Power to wing a couple of times this season. But obviously the correct answer is to let him develop as a D. He does need some Adam Sandler Happy Gilmore in front of the pitching machine style treatment to make him less contact averse though.

Please don't repeat this idea because Buffalo might do it

Teams coached by Garden Gloves, Abysmal, Housley and Ralph (!) never played a single game as bad and lopsided as last night.

Teams literally assembled deliberately to lose games never played a single game as bad and lopsided as last night.

Selective memory

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

I get that it hurts more because you were there live, but there have been worse games and performances. But that shouldn’t discount the objective fact, that the game sucked, the team sucked. It shouldn’t matter whether there were worse games, that performance, especially by the veterans, shouldn’t be ignored.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I get that it hurts more because you were there live, but there have been worse games and performances. But that shouldn’t discount the objective fact, that the game sucked, the team sucked. It shouldn’t matter whether there were worse games, that performance, especially by the veterans, shouldn’t be ignored.
There have literally been 0 worse Sabres games in terms of scoring chances for vs against since 2007-2008 when the natural stat trick database began.

It’s also the record setter for worst Sabres game of all time in “shots on goal vs against” at 24%.

I suppose it’s possible that the Sabres played a worse game prior to 2007-08, but I don’t have anywhere to look it up.

Reactions: sabremike

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I missed the game, haven't read the GDT carnage... Watched the highlights and checked the box score. Devils were skating, Sabres were not / had lead feet.

I don't know what is more ignominious: Sabres only having 12 SOG for the whole game, or NJD Vanacek allowing 2 GA on 12 SOG.

Jost with a stinker. Completely irresponsible on GA #1 and #2.

Benson with no backcheck on a later GA, trailing Okposo on the play.

Comrie left out to dry on a couple goals, Levi with some good saves in relief but my goodness, a crap effort from the skaters.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I'm pretty sure Adams has his name on Big Shiney from his playing days and Granato won an ECHL championship but you do you
Wow, ECHL eh? Why not bring up peewee while you are at it.

I have been right about this team since day one.

What has Granato won as a coach? What has Adams won as a GM? NOTHING.

Sorry but try harder to get me next time :laugh:

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
20231126_213444.jpg

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I missed the game, haven't read the GDT carnage... Watched the highlights and checked the box score. Devils were skating, Sabres were not / had lead feet.

I don't know what is more ignominious: Sabres only having 12 SOG for the whole game, or NJD Vanacek allowing 2 GA on 12 SOG.

Jost with a stinker. Completely irresponsible on GA #1 and #2.

Benson with no backcheck on a later GA, trailing Okposo on the play.

Comrie left out to dry on a couple goals, Levi with some good saves in relief but my goodness, a crap effort from the skaters.

I think the Benson, Okposo backcheck issue was actually a partial line change gone wrong. I guess that is on the coaches and Okposo being as slow as molasses.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
November is almost done. This is the month when we go on our annual 8 game losing streak and ruin the incredible October start but not this time, we are managing to stay .500 only we didn't have an incredible October start.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
November is almost done. This is the month when we go on our annual 8 game losing streak and ruin the incredible October start but not this time, we are managing to stay .500 only we didn't have an incredible October start.
Then we get the after All Star break slump

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
NJ was below us in the standings, for all our issues. Sabres are not the only team with a rough quarter of games. Good wake up call for the players getting blown out.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
NJ was below us in the standings, for all our issues. Sabres are not the only team with a rough quarter of games. Good wake up call for the players getting blown out.
Points wise, yes NJ is below us. But they have games in hand on us. Much like Ottawa. Point pct we are tied for 2nd last in the East with Montreal with CBJ below us. Teams ahead of us, have games in hand on us.

It would be a good wake up call if they showed they were capable of waking up. Sustaining any momentum throughout the season/games has been a problem for the Sabres. You could probably count on one hand the amount of times Buffalo kept up their momentum in a game.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Mid 70s even with the French connection they produced 1 shot on goal through the 1st 40 minutes before finishing with 7 or 8 total against Montreal
I just went season by season and looked up every game the Sabres played against MTL between 1973-1978 and there were no games where the Sabres finished with only 7 or 8 shots on goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad