Waived: Sabres claim LW Axel Jonsson-Fjallby off waivers from WSH

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
improvements.. rufff or marten hashek. etc. small steps toward greatness

6a00d8341c630a53ef0147e1ebad70970b-800wi

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

public shaming is effective.. but i really believe the aristocrat owners have heard you and.. maybe its 2017 in sabres/bills world.. hopefully we've all had enough..
I'm even cool w the consequence of 9 spelled differently w 2 players mitts and cozens level coming back.. or seeing 9 cleaned and spelled as it has the last 5 snd winning w the kids that care as much as 9.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That sucks. But I get it
Here's the problem: This is the type of clownshoes thing that rarely happens with credible organizations. The Sabres seem to do something like this on a routine basis so they deserved to get smacked around and laughed at because they haven't earned any benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Jacob582

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Here's the problem: This is the type of clownshoes thing that rarely happens with credible organizations. The Sabres seem to do something like this on a routine basis so they deserved to get smacked around and laughed at because they haven't earned any benefit of the doubt.
I didn't know other Orgs are able to get Visa's processed faster than the Sabres.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

There's plenty to crap on about the Sabres. Not sure why you're raking them over the coals for this. I'm sure they knew about visa issues going into the claim and figured they'd be done by the time the regular season started.

Don't think the Sabres are at fault here -- there are a TON of visa issues all over the country. It's taking FOREVER to get a lot of visa issues resolved at a federal level.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He’s not an NHL caliber player right now. So, I doubt this would have played out differently if he had been in a preseason game or two.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
There's plenty to crap on about the Sabres. Not sure why you're raking them over the coals for this. I'm sure they knew about visa issues going into the claim and figured they'd be done by the time the regular season started.

Don't think the Sabres are at fault here -- there are a TON of visa issues all over the country. It's taking FOREVER to get a lot of visa issues resolved at a federal level.

There are issues beyond buffalos control on the visa problems.

the issue isn’t him being here but fir him being employed.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

This is true. My buddys wife from China is 9 months wait now for a visa.

Reactions: Zman5778

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'm sure the NHL has a cracker-jack legal team for visas. I think the turn-around was just a little fast. The fact they had him suited up waiting for the visa makes me think it was very close.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm sure the NHL has a cracker-jack legal team for visas. I think the turn-around was just a little fast. The fact they had him suited up waiting for the visa makes me think it was very close.
I agree. Probably close. Sabres just didn't have the rosters space for him. Claim didn't make sense.

Sabres decided to stay loyal to who they had in camp.
They would have had to chose him over someone else (waive Hayden, Eakin, Cagguila? R2 to Rochester?).

Now if he goes to Rochester instead of Hershey, maybe the claim is a good move to add more depth in the organization.

I don't think they will claim anyone tomorrow. They will need to send a waiver exempt player to Rochester to make room.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I agree. Probably close. Sabres just didn't have the rosters space for him. Claim didn't make sense.

Sabres decided to stay loyal to who they had in camp.
They would have had to chose him over someone else (waive Hayden, Eakin, Cagguila? R2 to Rochester?).

Now if he goes to Rochester instead of Hershey, maybe the claim is a good move to add more depth in the organization.

I don't think they will claim anyone tomorrow. They will need to send a waiver exempt player to Rochester to make room.
I do believe they would have had a spot for him if things hadn't played out the way they did.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Peca worked as Player development coach for the capitals last season. I wonder if he worked with J-F.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad