Waived: Sabres claim LW Axel Jonsson-Fjallby off waivers from WSH

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
They have an NHL roster spot for this guy? I honestly don't get it. They can't send him down to the AHL without waivers, right?
I feel there is a possibility that he is a tweener and not an NHL player (Remi Elie?). I also feel there is a possibility that he will be better than half our wingers.

(They probably just want another PK'er)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
They actually have their eye on a couple Islanders, but KA is scared of Lou. :sarcasm:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Caps fans all say that he has speed to burn and is very good defensively and on the PK. But that he's also kinda useless/clueless offensively.

I'm guessing that this is a way to send Hayden down but still carry 2 spare forwards? (Eakin being the other spare)

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Well they still can. This isn't fantasy sports, waiver priority doesn't go away because a team makes a claim. The Sabres are guaranteed to have first pick on any player on waivers until at least November 1st, after that waiver priority will be determined by the current standings (note that I'm not 100% clear on the dates, they're probably slightly different this year due to the season starting later)
They will have a first hand me thinks

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Speedy bottom six winger from Sweden, under 24 years old, and on a minimum deal? This is a no brainer for Buffalo.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
axel-jonsson-fjallby-2022-49.jpg

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Adams has first choice in all the upcoming waiver options, and the guy he targets is.... Fabio?

Seems like maybe the front office isn't really doing their homework.

Do the Pegulas have Kevyn too busy working on procuring Pumpkin spiced ale for the Bills game on Halloween?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Adams has first choice in all the upcoming waiver options, and the guy he targets is.... Fabio?

Seems like maybe the front office isn't really doing their homework.

Do the Pegulas have Kevyn too busy working on procuring Pumpkin spiced ale for the Bills game on Halloween?

Remember when Fabio was on a roller coaster and a goose Randy Johnson-ed him? :laugh:

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I actually missed that one...

So I googled it and the headline it returned read, "Fabio kills goose with face".

How the hell did I miss that? :laugh:

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I think that’s the greatest headline ever.

It was hilarious when I first heard about it. It’s still hilarious
I honestly think it may only be funny because it was Fabio.

If the headline read Chuck Norris or Bruce Smith, I think I would just feel bad for the goose, but the imagery of Fabio getting smacked in the face with a goose is somewhat hysterical.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He has exceptional speed and exceptional flow (lol), he's relentless but that's about it. I hope he can become a bottom 6 NHL forward for you guys, I really like him.

We used to call him "Jägarn" which translates to "The Hunter". Hopefully he can put it all together for you guys.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad