Waived: Sabres claim LW Axel Jonsson-Fjallby off waivers from WSH

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It was my understanding he was just Mike Grier. That he doesn’t have much of an offensive touch. Which is good enough for me.

That's pretty much what I get too.....Mike Grier. Maybe a bit less of a battler on the boards.

Put him with Girgensons and I think that's quite the defensive-oriented duo. Hinostroza or Caggiula with them could make for a very good defensive line.

I wonder if pairing them up with Okposo could make them LOG-esque????

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I guess players should hold off on their apartment until they clear waivers.
-----------------------
Biron told the story of how he got an appartment in Rochester, slept in it one night, and never went back for 6 months because he was called up.

Reactions: joshjull

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

2a5915a2-1b41-4968-a75f-f6945694871d.jpeg

I wonder what the longest nameplate in Sabres history has been?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He should be a good contributor to game day comments. We're already looking at dropped an axle, the wheel fell off the axle, and buried to the axle. Rob Ray we say I have to axle him how to pronounce his name.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I wonder what the longest nameplate in Sabres history has been?

From what I can tell looking through the Sabres’ all-time jersey number list, it’s Ruotsalainen (12 letters).

I immediately thought of his hyphenated brother from another mother, Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, which, if you count the hyphen in the surname, is also 12 characters, and is an all-time great hockey name.

edit: there's also some guy whom I don't remember, Lou Franceschetti, 13 characters.

The new guy bflows that out of the water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I immediately thought of his hyphenated brother from another mother, Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, which, if you count the hyphen in the surname, is also 12 characters, and is an all-time great hockey name.

edit: there's also some guy whom I don't remember, Lou Franceschetti, 13 characters.

The new guy bflows that out of the water.

I remember him from his Upper Deck card

51jEVJSKsrS._AC_.jpg

Reactions: Slangston

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Unless the league pushes that date out because the season is starting ~10-14 days later than usual due to the offseason COVID schedule.

Can't tell from your post if you mean pick up a goalie on waivers to fill a spot vacated by Eakin, or to move Eakin for a goalie. I don't think any NHL team is trading for Cody Eakin, even at 50% retained, as for the remaining 50% of his salary paid by the acquiring team, the acquiring team could instead sign a better value player for </= $1.1M.

in hockey language, his name translates as "Mike Grier with hands".
I was thinking Bishop for Eakin @ 50% to be honest. They save Cap and get a forward and we get a goalie

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
So if we do 14 forwards 7 D and 3G he makes the roster.

If Murray or Peterka make the roster they both need to play regularly. Which is why I think they don't make the roster just yet. If A J-F isn't contributing and doesn't look like an NHL regular after 20 games uou can waive him and promote Murray or Peterka.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So if we do 14 forwards 7 D and 3G he makes the roster.

If Murray or Peterka make the roster they both need to play regularly. Which is why I think they don't make the roster just yet. If A J-F isn't contributing and doesn't look like an NHL regular after 20 games uou can waive him and promote Murray or Peterka.

The roster limit is 23. So, you cannot have 14F 7D & 3G.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Does anyone know how long the right of Washington to re-claim him remains in effect should Buffalo place him on waivers?
I assume that you are referring to Washington being able to claim him on waivers and subsequently send him down to the AHL without his having to clear waivers. Keep in mind that this would require Washington to be the only team to place a waiver claim. Washington would have have ability through the rest of the season.

Reactions: Dex

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I assume that you are referring to Washington being able to claim him on waivers and subsequently send him down to the AHL without his having to clear waivers. Keep in mind that this would require Washington to be the only team to place a waiver claim. Washington would have have ability through the rest of the season.

Thanks - that was exactly the question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad