Proposal: Ryane Clowe

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Clowe playing on one leg would probably be better than our 3rd line at this point

yeah but at what cost? I like Clowe a lot and the guy seems like he was born to be a Bruin, but do you really want to give up 1st or 2nd round picks and more for 2 months of a 1-legged guy?

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Take on a plug so we pay less in prospects. Not sure why I didn't think of that.

Have you watched much of Murray? Guy's definitely not a plug. He'd be loved here.

That said, looks like Clowe is the guy all of us are going to get excited about and then be let down when it ends up being Vern Fiddler, Tyler Kennedy, or someone similar.

I'd consider not renewing my tix if they obtained Ribeiro.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
honest question. Is Doug Murray an upgrade over McQuaid? Based on reputation alone it seems like it but I haven't seen him enough to say.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Have you watched much of Murray? Guy's definitely not a plug. He'd be loved here.

That said, looks like Clowe is the guy all of us are going to get excited about and then be let down when it ends up being Vern Fiddler, Tyler Kennedy, or someone similar.

I'd consider not renewing my tix if they obtained Ribeiro.

I'll be pumped when we add a Fedotenko and Ryan Whitney... :sarcasm:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
honest question. Is Doug Murray an upgrade over McQuaid? Based on reputation alone it seems like it but I haven't seen him enough to say.

He's a good third pair right now... Rotate him in.... would be great depth.... He has fallen out of favor some this year, but would be reborn as a Bruin IMO... Would be a great lockeroom guy, and possible replacement for Ference for next season....

I'd pair him with McQ and dare Ovechkin to crash the net again.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
He's a good third pair right now... Rotate him in.... would be great depth.... He has fallen out of favor some this year, but would be reborn as a Bruin IMO... Would be a great lockeroom guy, and possible replacement for Ference for next season....

he's slow, definitely not without his flaws but he plays a punishing game and with the right d partner that will cover for him, he is still a rock.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I am not sure .I do see Pens looking at trying get Jack Johnson and Iginla.Lateral moves this year probably not do if thats what Chia ends up doing again.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
yeah God forbid we have to give up a Tommy Cross or Matt Bartkowski...We would never recover... :laugh::laugh:

Haha, well I meant more so we didn't have to pay a 1st, Spooner, or Khokhlachev to get Clowe.

I'm sure in a vacuum Murray is fine, but honestly, I think the last thing we need back there is big, slow, and need someone to cover for him on D.

Asif16*

CLOWE?? Wow. You guys always tryin to stay tough lmao. You guys are tough as it is. Clowe and lucic on same line would cost so much havoc lol. Im not saying clowe should be playing in the same line as lucic. You guys know more than me. Im just speculating. Its fun to think that you guys are just gonna bully people to death lol

thepootamis

Jan 1, 2011
I am not sure .I do see Pens looking at trying get Jack Johnson and Iginla.Lateral moves this year probably not do if thats what Chia ends up doing again.

Pens really can't add any contracts. after next year Letang,Malkin,etc are free agents that are due for huge raises. they are screwed :yo:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

He's a pretty devastating hitter. Doesn't have much for wheels, but his positioning is solid. Just a good safe, mean, d-man so very much in the same vein as Quaider.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Was thinking that would be impossible cap wise then looked at Cap geek. How the crap do they have more space than the B's!? They're in good shape not even any big RFA's up next year ... year after a different story but still they could make some waves for sure.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Was thinking that would be impossible cap wise then looked at Cap geek. How the crap do they have more space than the B's!? They're in good shape not even any big RFA's up next year ... year after a different story but still they could make some waves for sure.

Pens cleared a lot of cap space at the end of last season (trying to clear it for Parise or Suter but landed neither) and then never really picked up anyone else.

My guess is they still have to be careful-I can't imagine they don't have players coming due for new contracts and payraises at some point soon.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Pens cleared a lot of cap space at the end of last season (trying to clear it for Parise or Suter but landed neither) and then never really picked up anyone else.

My guess is they still have to be careful-I can't imagine they don't have players coming due for new contracts and payraises at some point soon.

Actually none that are that bad. Biggest boost will be Letang in 2 years which will be a big jump from his current $3.5 you'd assume. Malkin's up at the same time, but I'm not sure you'll see a big bump over his current $8.7M, maybe a little but can't imagine it'll crack $10 per.

They've got $54M committed and basically need to sign an entire 3rd and 4th line. Kennedy, Cooke and Dupuis are all up but are fairly modest salaries. Duper could see a healthy bump but I suppose since he's only at $1.5. Gotta assume Cooke is toast.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Actually none that are that bad. Biggest boost will be Letang in 2 years which will be a big jump from his current $3.5 you'd assume. Malkin's up at the same time, but I'm not sure you'll see a big bump over his current $8.7M, maybe a little but can't imagine it'll crack $10 per.

They've got $54M committed and basically need to sign an entire 3rd and 4th line. Kennedy, Cooke and Dupuis are all up but are fairly modest salaries. Duper could see a healthy bump but I suppose since he's only at $1.5. Gotta assume Cooke is toast.

man I'm dying to see that team get dismantled by the cap. All that bad karma from tanking really needs to catch up with them sometime.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
His shooting percentage is 0. It will regress to the mean. Or at the very least, it's not predictive. So if he starts shooting at 10% again from his time on the Bruins going forward, he'll be back producing like a 20 goal scorer.

Put it this way. If you wanted to acquire Ryane Clowe, 0 goals in 20 games is exactly the start you'd want from him.

exactly, great point. if he was producing like he normally does he would never be available(if he even is now). apparently he is playing through an injury and looks better as of late, so if he is available the time to acquire him would be now before he starts to turn it around.

i think this guy would be a perfect fit for the third line. i also think he won't be cheap to acquire, even if he has been struggling lately. when we see what he goes for, if he gets traded, to us or another team, we will really appreciate the value of Milan Lucic. because i expect Clowe to get a good return, and he is older, a free agent after this year, and overall not as good or physical (overall, fighting wise they are close) as Lucic.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
man I'm dying to see that team get dismantled by the cap. All that bad karma from tanking really needs to catch up with them sometime.

If HRR and the cap ramp up reasonably quick over the next 2 years ... I really don't think they'll be in bad shape. They might have a good amount of garbage in the bottom 6, but that's kind of how they've rolled anyways, they've never had a super deep forward corps.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them burn a compliance buyout on Martin either ... that's a baaaaad contract.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Imagine someone like Emelin taking a cheapshot with Clowe on this team and being able to roll a Lucic/Campbell/Clowe line for a couple shifts to just go out and freight-train D-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00