Proposal: Ryane Clowe

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Clowe will easily command a first and a top 5 prospect. Somebody will pay it...gladly.

I would do Caron and a 1st in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure what you mean by top 5 prospect but Clowe currently has 6 points and no goals. Not sure why teams would want to pay a huge price for that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Clowe would be perfect...he would command some attention...Kelly and Pervs don't have the same space as they did with Benny and Ryder...Benny and Ryder had their warts but you had to be aware of them... Teams don't respect Bourque or Paille.

:handclap: alot times round net and on walls it would take 2 guys to get puck away from him etc,With Bouque that never happens.He never wins the battles.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I find it interesting that Sharks fans who watch Clowe want someone to take him off their hands....what do they know that we don't other than they watch him all the time

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I find it interesting that Sharks fans who watch Clowe want someone to take him off their hands....what do they know that we don't other than they watch him all the time

He's had a tough, tough season (playing injured too) might make it the perfect time to get him. ie. buy low

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

We have a groups of varying sizes here who want someone to take all of our players off our hands too, including one very special person who wants someone to take Bergeron off our hands :amazed:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'm not sure what you mean by top 5 prospect but Clowe currently has 6 points and no goals. Not sure why teams would want to pay a huge price for that.

I know I've liked him when I've seen him, and he seems like a Bruins-type of player. He seems like he'd be a good addition.

That said, I haven't seen him this year, and his numbers throw up a red flag.

Maybe he's struggling with an injury?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's had a tough, tough season (playing injured too) might make it the perfect time to get him. ie. buy low

I'd take him in a heart beat. Caron looks like he doesn't want to play in the AHL and maybe that would be get their attention- Sharks scouts are always at the Dunk

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I posted this a while ago; but Clowe's lack of points don't concern me. He brings needed size and other intangibles to the table. Plus with 6 points in 19 games, he is right in line with Peverley & Kelly after 20.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Clowe playing on one leg would probably be better than our 3rd line at this point

I'm telling you lol.. I think Ryan Clowe play's a Bruin style hockey that we all like. I think inserting him on that 3rd line would produce some results.. His production has been down so far this season not sure why that is, but that has nothing to do with his board play.

Last edited:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Clowe is an UFA and would at least command $4mil.

I would rather have Pouliot at $2mil than Clowe at $4mil+ and I think it will be +.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010

San Jose fanbase muses that Clowe is slow afoot, can't keep up with play, has played poorly since Game One of season, and has zero goals in '13. Oh, and takes bad penalties. Can't wait.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose fanbase muses that Clowe is slow afoot, can't keep up with play, has played poorly since Game One of season, and has zero goals in '13. Can't wait.

I've always liked him- sort of a meaner Knuble

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I'm telling you lol.. I think Ryan Clowe play's a Bruin style hockey that we all like. I think inserting him on that 3rd line would produce results immediately .His production has been down so far this season not sure why that is, but that has nothing to do with his board play.

His shooting percentage is 0. It will regress to the mean. Or at the very least, it's not predictive. So if he starts shooting at 10% again from his time on the Bruins going forward, he'll be back producing like a 20 goal scorer.

Put it this way. If you wanted to acquire Ryane Clowe, 0 goals in 20 games is exactly the start you'd want from him.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I know I've liked him when I've seen him, and he seems like a Bruins-type of player. He seems like he'd be a good addition.

That said, I haven't seen him this year, and his numbers throw up a red flag.

Maybe he's struggling with an injury?

I've always like Clowe but he's really fallen out of favour with Sharks fans which can be telling. They have been saying he's been playing through injuries and his play has been improving of late. I'm just not willing to pay a price tag that would be his value from years ago and not reflective of the way he's playing this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad