Proposal: Ryane Clowe

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
First of all they cannot move Kelly he has a no trade clause so right you are there. The guy has been solid year after year and has slow start and you guys want him gone.:laugh:.I get kick out of poeple complaining about him on a team 14-3-3.How many goals does Bergeron have or Seguin on 2nd line? How many pp goals they have? One decent week and he could be ahead them all in goals. See how stupid it sounds when you start pointing things out.I think you better just trust Chia knows more then rest of us and does a smart move or two.

I have no problem with Kelly as a player, and I'd prefer to move a 2nd/Caron for Clowe.

Bergeron and Seguin have been incredibly good this year. Not sure why we're making that comparison. It would take Kelly the length of his way too long contract to catch them in +/- though.

Yes, we're 14-3-3, but there are things that can be fixed. The 3rd line is one of them. Would I prefer to fix it by just upgrading Bourque? Absolutely. Is it possible they may have to deal one (or *gasp* more) of the 14-3-3 roster to solidify themselves? Possibly. Will it be Kelly (almost assuredly no because of the NTC).

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Clowe would be an ideal pick up. I'm sure he's near the top of every teams deadline wish list though.

I wouldn't hesitate to throw a 1st + at San Jose.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Don't know what SJ would like for Clowe but he's a player I would be very happy to see in black and gold. Would complement really well Kelly+Peverley IMO.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I have no problem with Kelly as a player, and I'd prefer to move a 2nd/Caron for Clowe.

Bergeron and Seguin have been incredibly good this year. Not sure why we're making that comparison. It would take Kelly the length of his way too long contract to catch them in +/- though.

Yes, we're 14-3-3, but there are things that can be fixed. The 3rd line is one of them. Would I prefer to fix it by just upgrading Bourque? Absolutely. Is it possible they may have to deal one (or *gasp* more) of the 14-3-3 roster to solidify themselves? Possibly. Will it be Kelly (almost assuredly no because of the NTC).

Well i am not going to pretend I know more then Chia but my guess would be Kelly going no wheres cause in playoffs guys like him are to valuable and Bourque will be guy out of a job soon with Boston adding a vetern NHL player to play with Kelly and Pevs.I think Bruins will add another D man too for more depth.,That is just a guess by me.

mdonova33

Nov 7, 2011
Clowe would be an ideal pick up. I'm sure he's near the top of every teams deadline wish list though.

I wouldn't hesitate to throw a 1st + at San Jose.

A 1st + would be way too much. At most, we would give them a 2nd, 3rd, and a prospect/roster player.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Don't know what SJ would like for Clowe but he's a player I would be very happy to see in black and gold. Would complement really well Kelly+Peverley IMO.

I be happy but shocked Bruins could get him,Yes he having bad year but they must know his worth.Be costly for sure.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Clowe will easily command a first and a top 5 prospect. Somebody will pay it...gladly.

I would do Caron and a 1st in a heartbeat.

I agree, he'll cost a 1st+ and I'd gladly pay that. Clowe would be an outstanding addition.

Size, toughness, hitting, a high-motor, strong board and net-front play, a LH shot, the ability to play both wings, and on all three top lines.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Clowe will easily command a first and a top 5 prospect. Somebody will pay it...gladly.

The only reason I would be reluctant to do a 1st would be it's apparent he might have an undisclosed injury.

I'd be much more willing to do a 2nd + Caron and a 2014 conditional pick based on his re-signing in Boston.

Ortdogg

Aug 12, 2003
Victoria, Canada
Visit site
clowe and looch on the same team would be unfair. that being said, if he somehow ended up in montreal I would not be happy, if they landed ryder and clowe and the bruins ended up with spare parts again like rolston and zanon it would likely be another first round exit.

as it stands this team isnt any better than the team that lost 1st round last year. maybe even worse with the loss of tim thomas

cant believe the people not willing to give up a 1st.:shakehead

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Same here.

That first will likely be 27-30th overall and Caron ain't even able to play right now over Bourque... Likely, it would cost more than that.

KHL
March-Bergy-Seguin
Clowe-Kelly-Peverley
Merlot

Make it happen Chia!

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
clowe and looch on the same team would be unfair. that being said, if he somehow ended up in montreal I would not be happy, if they landed ryder and clowe and the bruins ended up with spare parts again like rolston and zanon it would likely be another first round exit.

as it stands this team isnt any better than the team that lost 1st round last year. maybe even worse with the loss of tim thomas

cant believe the people not willing to give up a 1st.:shakehead

The biggest differences between this year's team and last year's team.

Horton >> Rolston
Hamilton >> Zanon
Bourque < Pouliot
Rask < Thomas

This year's team is quite a bit better than the team that took the ice against the Caps last season. And the areas for upgrade (Ference, Bourque) should be easy enough to take care of.

I'd be okay with a first for Clowe, but I'd prefer to get him for a different combination of things because I think we'll need the 1st to upgrade on defense.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Well i am not going to pretend I know more then Chia but my guess would be Kelly going no wheres cause in playoffs guys like him are to valuable and Bourque will be guy out of a job soon with Boston adding a vetern NHL player to play with Kelly and Pevs.I think Bruins will add another D man too for more depth.,That is just a guess by me.

Over reacting big time when a team loses is just as bad as if you under react when there are areas that can be addressed.

I couldn't be happier with the top 6 and the star this team has had, but it doesn't take a genious to know that there is a gaping issue on this third line. Kelly's PK skills are great sure, but if you DO want to argue stats with Clowe having no goals, Kelly's a -7 on a team that is 14-3-3. I realize he's not the only one on that line, but just saying.

I'm in the boat of, if you trade Kelly for Clowe, you really dont address the 3rd line issues. You got a bit tougher, and have a guy that could POTENTIALLY score more then Kelly, or others, but you still are missing something. If Clowe, or anyone is to be had for that matter, I'd rather not see a rost player go. Caron could be a good chip t start with as far as Clowe goes, if SJ is interested of course.

I've been just as hard as the next guy on Kelly this year, and his game is severeley lacking in many elements, the bruins don't pay him $3M a year to just be a "good penalty killer". I think you add someone else into Bourque's spot, that could be the spark that third line needs.

Those underestimating the importance of the third line should really re-evaluate. Go back to the cup run and remember the numbers don't tell it all, thinking back to Ryder's "save", Kelly and his efforts in the montreal series (viva la cage).

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
The biggest differences between this year's team and last year's team.

Horton >> Rolston
Hamilton >> Zanon
Bourque < Pouliot
Rask < Thomas

This year's team is quite a bit better than the team that took the ice against the Caps last season. And the areas for upgrade (Ference, Bourque) should be easy enough to take care of.

I'd be okay with a first for Clowe, but I'd prefer to get him for a different combination of things because I think we'll need the 1st to upgrade on defense.

Only reason I'd be reluctant to move the 1st is due to the supposed depth of the draft this year. Even at a late 1st round pick you could be giving up a real good player.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
How do we even know San Jose will trade this player? My bet is Chia does his usual to try slip a deal in no one expected.If he does what he did last year Bruins are in trouble.Reason I say that is they play too many games in short period and fill gap players will not be enough when they get banged up.They need two decent players this time around and money is there.No excuses this time about others wanting to much,Its his job to make it work.That being said I trust Chia so i am ok at moment .:) haha

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Alright than.

Caron + 1st + 3rd for Clowe + 2nd

Bruins would have the best 3 lines in hockey and come playoff time will be extremely tough to beat.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Amen, and I bet the b's would do that, too.

What I don't understand is people saying Kelly for Clowe, and then putting Spooner between Clowe and Peverly.

We don't even know if Spooner's ready, and if he is, why not put him with Kelly and Peverly?

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
KELLY is signed beyond this season, CLOWE is not. If KELLY is going to San Jose for CLOWE, I would insist that Freddy HAMILTON is also coming to Boston.

KELLY for CLOWE and HAMILTON.

Taz and BradPark22,

Hell yes I want to trade Kelly for Clowe ... or anything else. Kelly is overpaid and overrated. He is not suited for the offensive roll he has on this team. The fact that he is signed beyond this year is why I want to trade him. His $3 million can be better used.

Kelly was the worst player on this ice again last night. He has looked uninspired all year and his stats bear this out. That whole line is bad, but I have more faith in Peverly to return to form than Kelly. I know he is good on the PK. The Bruins' PK is #1 in the NHL. What is the worst that can happen if he goes? They fall to #4? They still have a glut of good PK'ers. Also, good on the PK only should not get you $3 million. It should get you a try out like it did for Pandolfo.

/end rant :D

Last edited:

MarchandMadness 63*

I love Clowe's toughness but the fact that he hasn't scored any goals yet really concerns me. Chiarelli should see if Iginla or Alfredsson become available before he makes offers for Clowe.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Taz and BradPark22,

Hell yes I want to trade Kelly for Clowe ... or anything else. Kelly is overpaid and overrated. He is not suited for the offensive roll he has on this team. The fact that he is signed beyond this year is why I want to trade him. His $3 million can be better used.

Kelly was the worst player on this ice again last night. He has looked uninspired all year and his stats bear this out. That whole line is bad, but I have more faith in Peverly to return to form than Kelly. I know he is good on the PK. The Bruins' PK is #1 in the NHL. What is the worst that can happen if he goes? They fall to #4? They still have a glut of good PK'ers. Also, good on the PK only should not get you $3 million. It should get you a try out like it did for Pandolfo.

/end rant :D

Well he has the NTC so my bet you better get use to him.I have not forgotten the HUGe goal he had vs Habs in Montreal on run to Cup and my bet is he will get a couple more this yr in playoffs.If Bruins were fighting for playoff lives right now I might have different opinion.But they are not.I want Bourque out,Only small players I want are ones that score like Marchand.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Especially if we wait to acquire him to see what extra top 5 prospect Calgary and Ottawa will want for a couple of brand names.

Clowe would be perfect...he would command some attention...Kelly and Pervs don't have the same space as they did with Benny and Ryder...Benny and Ryder had their warts but you had to be aware of them... Teams don't respect Bourque or Paille.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Clowe would be perfect...he would command some attention...Kelly and Pervs don't have the same space as they did with Benny and Ryder...Benny and Ryder had their warts but you had to be aware of them... Teams don't respect Bourque or Paille.

And I think Clowe would love it here. Nice audition to get him to stay on if the cap doesn't go down with this HRR news. He can play on Spooner's wing along with whichever of Kelly or Pevs doesn't bring back the most in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad