Player Discussion Ryan Strome

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
he does an overall good job it’s just the bone head penalties that are annoying
Oh, for sure, as I said I'm not particularly enamored with him.

It's just, with Strome since day one we've found excuses for why he IS able to be productive, whereas with guys we draft, we find excuses for why they DON'T produce.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Oh, for sure, as I said I'm not particularly enamored with him.

It's just, with Strome since day one we've found excuses for why he IS able to be productive, whereas with guys we draft, we find excuses for why they DON'T produce.

That's definitely a thing. I still cannot believe we got this guy for Spooner who was a throw-in for a rental Rick Nash.

That Nash trade tree is remarkable

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Say what you want, but Strome is a guy that's consistently beating expectations. He gets a lot of shit for a guy that's been a pretty consistent Rangers forward since he's been here. 107 points in 154 games for a Rangers center probably puts him (career wise, 100+ games) in the top 5-10 PPG for a NYR center. As pathetic as that is.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
He made me wanna pull my hair out last season with the lazy defense and bad penalties, but he's been a really solid piece for the team this year. At least since that game where he missed two open nets and declined a breakaway

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
How many points have the Rangers gotten from the Nash tree?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
8 points in 6 without Panarin. Can we say he's shaken the label that his points are simply a product of Paanrin?

Even in his first season here without Panarin, Strome played well and put up points. Sure, Panarin definitely helps his point totals, but he's not just a pure product of him.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
8 points in 6 without Panarin. Can we say he's shaken the label that his points are simply a product of Paanrin?

Even in his first season here without Panarin, Strome played well and put up points. Sure, Panarin definitely helps his point totals, but he's not just a pure product of him.

Unsustainable shooting percentage argument is back on, isn’t it? The guy just can’t win (haters over).

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I tweeted about this yesterday. Every year there's a new excuse.

If only he had Brassard’s hero good looks. I’m being ironic but I bet there’s something to it.

In all honesty there’s something to it. Brassard came when the Rangers had Stepan and Richards to compare at C and the team as a whole was at its height (on the strength of Lundqvist)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If only he had Brassard’s hero good looks. I’m being ironic but I bet there’s something to it.

In all honesty there’s something to it. Brassard came when the Rangers had Stepan and Richards to compare at C and the team as a whole was at its height (on the strength of Lundqvist)

Maybe some people dislike Strome because he was drafted by the Islanders?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Strome was a black hole for the first 15-16 games of the season. He is finally playing well for 6 games and the apologists want to cash in.

I hope he keeps it up because it will only serve the team well when they trade him as well as their current play.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Strome was a black hole for the first 15-16 games of the season. He is finally playing well for 6 games and the apologists want to cash in.

I hope he keeps it up because it will only serve the team well when they trade him as well as their current play.

If they're apologists, I guess you're a hater.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If they're apologists, I guess you're a hater.
Or just realistic. He was absolutely brutal the first month and a half. This is who he is though. When he is on he is good, not great, but good... offensively that is. Defensive play still lacking. But when he is off, he is not just bad, but atrocious.

I am all for Strome being more “on” than “off” because again it serves the organization better when they want to turn him into other parts.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Lol, some people always have an excuse to hate on Strome. The mere fact is, he's been for the most part, productive since he came here. With or without Panarin. I don't think most people are claiming he's a superstar, obviously.

Strome struggled to start the season in a COVID environment. Big whoop. A lot of players did.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad