Player Discussion Ryan Strome

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ryan Strome Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

been a 30 pt player his career except for that 50 pt rookie season and his Panarin breakout season last year
Was trending to a 43 point season the prior year without Panarin. Is a former 5OA pick. So he does have some abilities and no, I am not surprised that he is getting a longer leash. How long? Not sure, but it certainly is not infinite. If Chytil and Kakko continue to push the pace, I hardly doubt that Strome's spot in the line up is cemented.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It took a period for Quinn to come to a conclusion with other players.

He should be dropped from PP1. If he plays his way back on, fine. But he is hurting this team right now.
Again, didn't Buchnevich replace him on PP1? Or did that last one or two tries and that' sit? Seriously. I would agree that if another game or so happens AND Strome is indeed on PP1 and plays the same, then yeah he should be dropped.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Again, didn't Buchnevich replace him on PP1? Or did that last one or two tries and that' sit? Seriously. I would agree that if another game or so happens AND Strome is indeed on PP1 and plays the same, then yeah he should be dropped.

Nope.

Buchnevich took one shift in his place on PP1 against the Islanders because Quinn wanted to give him the opportunity for a Hatty.

Strome played 7+ minutes on the PP the other night.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nope.

Buchnevich took one shift in his place on PP1 against the Islanders because Quinn wanted to give him the opportunity for a Hatty.

Strome played 7+ minutes on the PP the other night.
Watched the game and missed that. Wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

Seriously, I cannot loose my mind if Quinn has him out there for another game or so. But if the results are the same, then I would agree that there is no reason that he should continue to hold his spot.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ryan Strome is basically this. should have sold high on him, now back to his 35 point self, maybe 25 pt in a 56 game season if lucky and healthy woof

There was no selling high on Strome because no one thought he was something other than a Panarin mirage.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There was no selling high on Strome because no one thought he was something other than a Panarin mirage.

so I guess those 50 pts was a product of Tavares which makes sense lol. he has skill but he can't be the force on any line. in fact, he needs players to make him better. personally I rather see him back at the wing in my opinion. he is awful at center ice.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Just a gut feeling with nothing really to support it at this time, but I feel like we'll look back on this season and say, "I wish we would have traded Strome and DeAngelo when their value was highest."
I think the value on DeAngelo will stay somewhat high late into this season, even if he doesn't play as much. He's still very useful on a struggling power play unit.

Strome is probably going to be a 3rd liner by the end of the year - but that's arguably a good thing if our other players step up.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I think the value on DeAngelo will stay somewhat high late into this season, even if he doesn't play as much. He's still very useful on a struggling power play unit.

Strome is probably going to be a 3rd liner by the end of the year - but that's arguably a good thing if our other players step up.
Boy this aged well :laugh:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Really like the way he’s been playing with Kreider since they were put together.

Any of you stats guys wanna give me a rundown on how the numbers for them are shaking out?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah Ryan has bad games and makes some stupid plays, and takes some idiotic penalties, but he's a great intellectual interview.
All kidding aside (actually, I wasn't kidding), Ryan has game.
I mean, he really has been doing some things I have never seen him do and WITHOUT Panarin? Kudos. Maybe Panarin was holding him back, haha. We are all so ready to critique him and ride his ass, but it seems he has rid the false accusations that he rides 100% on breadman's baked goods. (Coat tail).

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Ryan has bad games and makes some stupid plays, and takes some idiotic penalties, but he's a great intellectual interview.
All kidding aside (actually, I wasn't kidding), Ryan has game.
I mean, he really has been doing some things I have never seen him do and WITHOUT Panarin? Kudos. Maybe Panarin was holding him back, haha. We are all so ready to critique him and ride his ass, but it seems he has rid the false accusations that he rides 100% on breadman's baked goods. (Coat tail).
Or he is who you are seeing BUT happens to mesh well with an elite player and the numbers reflect it. Look at Dupuis with Crosby.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I don't particularly like Strome, but I feel like maybe I'd like him more--and he'd catch less shit in general--if he was a guy we had drafted and developed, and not a guy that was acquired with the "bust" label already affixed.

he does an overall good job it’s just the bone head penalties that are annoying

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest