Value of: Ryan Strome to Winnipeg

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree we are not winning the cup next year. I would stand pat as well and let kids develop and of course the contracts of Smith, Staal and Lundqvist expire. If Shesty is anything like we know he can be we probably still make the playoffs without making any moves.

There's also almost no harm in seeing if Niku is better than Staal and Smith.

Reactions: bernmeister

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What happened to Roslovic? Feel like many Jets fans don't see him as part of the future. He looked pretty dangerous in the 2018 playoffs as a 21 year old.
I think Roslovic has a lot of potential but he's stuck behind Laine and Wheeler and the Jets don't have much offense in their bottom 6 to complement Roslovic. One issue for the Jets is that they'll have trouble protecting Roslovic in the expansion draft, and might prefer to protect Copp as a high end defensive C.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There's also almost no harm in seeing if Niku is better than Staal and Smith.
If the Rangers feel Niku could be a good fit at LD then fine but I've been saying it for a few years now Staal isn't going anywhere until his contract is over. He is pretty much gonna finishing his career dragging down the third pairing on the team. and I don't really wanna see Smith as a forward. I like Chytil and think eventually he can be a 2c especially with the wingers we have but for now having Zib-Strome-Chytil is a bit better than Zib-Chytil-?

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
looks like he can fit in Winnipeg as a 2nd line center. Can a deal be made?

Players not available
Ehlers, Conner, Laine, Shiefiele, Morrissey, Heinola, Wheeler, Hellybuyck and the 10OA
Dylan Samberg is someone I would have interest but trading Strome would be a huge loss to Rangers down the middle

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
What happened to Roslovic? Feel like many Jets fans don't see him as part of the future. He looked pretty dangerous in the 2018 playoffs as a 21 year old.

Nothing really happened with him but he's blocked for the foreseeable future as a top 6 winger by Laine, Ehlers, Connor and Wheeler and for some reason they've never given him a shot a center. There's lots of speculation about us moving one of our current top 6 wingers if someone blows us away with an offer but I think it makes more sense to move Roslovic or Vesalainen if we can't return value on one of the higher profile guys. (If we do trade one of them than Roslovic slots in our top 6 and he's no longer available)

We're still very high on Roslovic but with the expansion draft coming up he's currently on the bubble for protection and we need to trade something of value if we want to get something of value back.

It's not that we want to move him, but he's valuable and we can absorb his loss as we have a surplus of top 6 caliber wingers, which is why I mention him for Strome as a deal that I could see working for both sides. Another poster tried to suggest that the Jets should add a 2nd to Roslovic but I wouldn't be willing to do that for 1 year of Strome. For me it would either be 1 for 1 or we should keep looking elsewhere or stand pat and try our internal options.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Don't see why WPG would do it, but I'd love a deal centered around Roslovic.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Strome + Andersson for Roslovic + 2nd

I honestly would do Strome for Roslovic + 3rd round pick

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Perfect, pay him up or he walks. I would not trade for Strome until I know what his next contract is.

due to covid, etc his next 2 yrs are ballpark 4.5
either 1 yr you risk he walks then, or 2 yrs control, that is my guess.
after that, market rates dep on if covid is over and market expands

Given THAT, what is your offer?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
due to covid, etc his next 2 yrs are ballpark 4.5
either 1 yr you risk he walks then, or 2 yrs control, that is my guess.
after that, market rates dep on if covid is over and market expands

Given THAT, what is your offer?
Zero, until contracts is signed. He has played most of his career in New York, In pretty sure he only takes 1 years in Winnipeg and then bolt. Rangers signs him and then we talk ;)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zero, until contracts is signed. He has played most of his career in New York, In pretty sure he only takes 1 years in Winnipeg and then bolt. Rangers signs him and then we talk ;)

Fine, I said "Given that."
So HYPOTHETICALLY if he signs, what is your offer?
We are taking a head count on what the offers are, and you have to specify and actual offer.

Whether he is moved for his rights or it is a sign and trade is not a big whoop for us, b'c the outcome is the same either way, assuming we trust you not to renege and follow through.

Other than that, no reason also to pre-sign and trade unless NY is retaining, which adds to the price.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As of today maybe a second of I was desperate an
Fine, I said "Given that."
So HYPOTHETICALLY if he signs, what is your offer?
We are taking a head count on what the offers are, and you have to specify and actual offer.

Whether he is moved for his rights or it is a sign and trade is not a big whoop for us, b'c the outcome is the same either way, assuming we trust you not to renege and follow through.

Other than that, no reason also to pre-sign and trade unless NY is retaining, which adds to the price.
A second if Im desperate and there is no other options.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Thats fine. But you have issues if you think Strome brings in a player like Samberg
But I never said he would. I just said that’s a player the Rangers would look for which wasn’t on the no trade list Op put out. I think you are the one with issues considering how upset this little ole Black man is getting under your skin

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Perfect, pay him up or he walks. I would not trade for Strome until I know what his next contract is.
I don’t think you have to worry about him going to the Jets. You do realize the Rangers could trade him to 29 other teams right? I mean some team traded a first for half a season of Hayes. It sad that because I’m black you decide to be a racist.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That’s a good point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad