Value of: Ryan Strome to Winnipeg

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
looks like he can fit in Winnipeg as a 2nd line center. Can a deal be made?

Players not available
Ehlers, Conner, Laine, Shiefiele, Morrissey, Heinola, Wheeler, Hellybuyck and the 10OA

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
Ryan is in a strange position

He missed UFA status by 3 games in 2013 and 11 days (His birthday is July 11....)

He is UFA in 1 year. He had an underwhelming career but had his first big season last year. He probably want to use it to get paid. Winnipeg should be trade for a guy 1 year from UFA without certainties. UFA never signed in Winnipeg.

He is so difficult to evaluate

Reactions: Troy

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Dylan is probably the better target but either would probably work
That is true. But being as Dylan. He holds no arbitration rights, i think Ryan be easier to get. What would the cost be for Ryan Strome in your opinion

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The base is probably around a second. But if you have some spare prospects that could make an NHL bottom 6 jump, or players who might need a change of scenery to become better/more impactful players, we're good with that as well. :)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Players not available
Ehlers, Conner, Laine, Shiefiele, Morrissey, Heinola, Wheeler, Hellybuyck and the 10OA

Well, shit. If all those guys are off limits I guess you're not really serious about Strome! :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I think he'd be a good fit with the Jets. He's a good complimentary offensive center and the Jets have the wingers to make that work. As far as a return, the talk is that the Rangers are more interested in players than futures right now. That being said, I think a couple of 2nds or a 2nd and a prospect they like would be the value.

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Players not available

A trade can def be made.
He is likely to be reasonable in covid depressed deal of 4.5ish next season, possibly x 2.

Rangers need to move on from Buch, Strome and Deangelo, and give those mins to other emerging guys.
Sure, if right deal/value is not sufficiently there, can keep short term.
But would rather give his mins to/accelerate development of... Chytil, Krav, Kakko, Gauthier.

But we are not giving him away either.
Flip side to keeping is if he has 2nd great season w/breadman, it ups his value; downside to that flip side is everyone is closer to exp dr.

So yeah, and as was said, starting price is 2nd +, the + being influenced by the slotting of where that 2nd is.

Expect in this case best offer likely to be who has most on the table.

WPG offer is welcome as are all others.
Competition... it's a good thing.

Reactions: egelband

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Na, not overpaying for a Ranger center who got career year, look at Hayes. If Rangers need to dump him for whatever reason, sure, but if they want a ridiculus price, they can keep him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ryan Strome would likely cost a 2nd and a prospect, but a lot depends on what the Rangers intend to do at the center position, and how much Strome is looking for. They likely won't trade him unless they have a plan for replacing him.

Reasonable, hence the like.
But I think the x factor here is Kravtsov, and if he can play pivot, which he demonstrated able to do at high level of competition.

I see a line of
Kakko [play driver] - Krav [facilitator] - Panarin [scorer/finisher]
the way they should go.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well, shit. If all those guys are off limits I guess you're not really serious about Strome! :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I think he'd be a good fit with the Jets. He's a good complimentary offensive center and the Jets have the wingers to make that work. As far as a return, the talk is that the Rangers are more interested in players than futures right now. That being said, I think a couple of 2nds or a 2nd and a prospect they like would be the value.

Agree w/the bold, disagree w/underline.

further value in that he is righty shot who pivots but can do W

Always room to add a premium prospect or established talent, but absent that, can't go wrong w/draft picks as currency which moves our higher priced vets along and replaces w/younger, cheaper potential.
Picks are universally desirable, thus flexible for flipping later if not used.
We have enough experienced guys that
Buch
Strome
Deangelo
need to go for long term/structural cap relief, ahead of the curve

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Agree w/the bold, disagree w/underline.

further value in that he is righty shot who pivots but can do W

Always room to add a premium prospect or established talent, but absent that, can't go wrong w/draft picks as currency which moves our higher priced vets along and replaces w/younger, cheaper potential.
Picks are universally desirable, thus flexible for flipping later if not used.
We have enough experienced guys that
Buch
Strome
Deangelo
need to go for long term/structural cap relief, ahead of the curve

Him being a right handed is not a plus for Jets. Sheif, Wheeler, Laine (Little if he ever returns).

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I think the offers shown so far have been about right, however I don't see the Rangers trading Strome right now for a "fair" deal unless they bring in another center from another deal to take his place. Too light at Center after Zib to make a deal without a backup plan for 2C.

Reactions: egelband and yada
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I would move Strome for a second and a prospect who is highly to play at the next level in a bottom six position — that is a good bottom six player.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I would move Strome for a pick and a prospect, or with 22OV to try and move up if I could.

Then, try and sign Granlund on a short show me deal.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the offers shown so far have been about right, however I don't see the Rangers trading Strome right now for a "fair" deal unless they bring in another center from another deal to take his place. Too light at Center after Zib to make a deal without a backup plan for 2C.

We can always bring in a middle six center on a cheap one or two year deal. Those players are going to get squeezed on the market this year, and it allows us to elevate Chytil to playing with Panarin, which I'm sure he can do just as well as Strome.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
We can always bring in a middle six center on a cheap one or two year deal. Those players are going to get squeezed on the market this year, and it allows us to elevate Chytil to playing with Panarin, which I'm sure he can do just as well as Strome.

Why risk that right now for a "fair" deal? Keep the guy that proved he can have success with Panarin and wait to see if Chytil takes a next step.

Reactions: yada

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Na, not overpaying for a Ranger center who got career year, look at Hayes. If Rangers need to dump him for whatever reason, sure, but if they want a ridiculous price, they can keep him.
Why are we looking at Hayes? He put up 13 in 20 with the Jets. Pretty respectable numbers for him considering he only had 24 mins of powerplay time in 20 games with the Jets. The issues / playoffs ran a lot deeper than Hayes.

We're also not asking for a ridiculous price... Sounds more like you're still bitter about the team trading for Hayes, who BTW was on pace for 25+ goals this season..

Strome can play and elevate his game with talented players. There's nothing wrong with that. If you can slot him in the middle between wingers who can play, who cares? Just don't ask him to carry his own line. We're not trying to sell him as top tier 2c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->