Value of: Ryan Strome to Winnipeg

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Strome, 22Oa + Nils Lundkvist for 10OA + Niku

We get an audition year for Strome to see if he works here or not and get 1st crack at locking him up long term. With a flat cap for the next number of years everyone needs to be careful with the contracts they hand out. We drop down to 22OA, which is a bit further than I'd like but we also add a blue chip RHD prospect that should be nearly ready to make the jump to the NHL soon.

Rangers jump up and grab Sanderson to lock in another cornerstone piece for the build.

My preferred offer is Strome for Roslovic and we keep 10OA.

That’s horrendous for the Rangers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
To the Jets fans how much do you think Roslovic will be asking for? he is an RFA right?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Anything in particular that has made Jets fans sour on him? Is it lack of effort? Attitude?
He's played mostly wing and with laine and wheeler ahead of him, there seems like nowhere for him to go (although I'd personally like to see him given a shot at 2C before moving him).

I dont think anyone is sour on him, per se

Reactions: hn777 and egelband

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
To the Jets fans how much do you think Roslovic will be asking for? he is an RFA right?
I can see him only wanting to sign a bridge deal, especially with a new team and a bigger scoring role. In Peg city hes behind Wheeler and Laine on the depth chart for wingers. I would imagine something around the ballpark of 2.5 mil per for two seasons

Reactions: bl02

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Are the Jets already willing to move Roslovic? If he were on the table, I’m sure the Rangers would be interested.
Apparently Jets fans think Strome is worth a 3rd at best so I’m curious to see what they think Roslovic is worth

Ursus8

May 14, 2009
y'all seriously think strome is good? Panarin dragged him to 60 points plz. I wouldnt give up anything for that dude you guys are crazy overvaluing him. If Strome is your 2c your in serious trouble

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
He's a 2C period.
As to how he shines best, not surprisingly, it is expected he'll work better w/better Ws.

So yeah, Panarin
but he could also mesh well with likes of Hoffman or other sniper.

To blindly say no only breadman
is closeminded and wrong.

He was never good enough to be a 2c before Panarin, seems highly unlikely he will be if he moves on.

Lol why are you telling people to read your posts as if they're evidence to back up your points?

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He was never good enough to be a 2c before Panarin, seems highly unlikely he will be if he moves on.

Lol why are you telling people to read your posts as if they're evidence to back up your points?

Why, b'c he overlooked relevant content.

As to Strome, people do develop.
I agree he's shown nothing to indicate domination.
There is no guarantee either way, success or failure, with ordinary Ws.

However, you must acknowledge that the Panarin experience indicates a factual basis to suggest if Strome is paired with an adequate finisher who can score, what worked last year is likely to work to some degree, notwithstanding that chemistry varies from most players to most other players. I specified Hofmann as an example but others apply.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The problem with Strome is that he's highly likely to be overpaid on his next contract, and there are legitimate concerns that he won't be very effective at 2C over the longer term. Those facts reduce his value.

Roslovic isn't as good, but he has untapped potential and is likely to be paid close to $2.7M, so his value is still good. Samberg is a top D prospect on an ELC, so he has high value.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Jets 3rd in 2020 and 2nd in 2021 is what I would offer.
I'd then off him 5 x 4.8m.

respectable and sensible follow up

suspect Panthers top that w/2 3rds this yr and their 2021 2nd

need an overall Strome thread if one doesn't already exist to show offers side by side....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Damn Gorton paid 6.5 for that in Chris Kreider

CK is worth it. Dominant beast factor. Not every shift, but still... enuf.
Strome worth what he is 4-5 per. No dominant, no beast factors.

Nothing wrong w/Strome for what he is.
Value as a 2C w/righty shot.
No more no less.

We need to pare excess vets.
These guys on the blogs who are all about how we have to retain most of our rfas. ... HELL to the NO.
Youth will be served
don't fight it
make space
control the exp dr, don't let it control you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->