Confirmed with Link: Ryan Reaves to NYR for a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Ok, and?

The Rangers aren’t aiming to be just any team. I’m mimicking the best and they usually have great center depth. We need a couple more to get there, for once Strome is gone and Zibanejad declines. You need these guys in the system like yesterday, cause they take 2-4 years to develop; or, you are overpaying like with Eichel. These centers should have been added already, since they haven’t, it needs to happen, like, now. The next moves we make should be adding young centers. More important than a single other grit player.

There are exceptions, of course. Following the rule is a better bet though.

You are complaining that the Rangers lack something every other team lacks.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
haha… are you trying to sound intelligent on a message board? My point in the post was a joke saying that the more Johnston was on the ice, the better it is for us. Jfc man….

You fail.

Someone saying someone else failed is like putting an LOL after what they perceive as a witty remark.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
That’s an absolute because you say so? Right.

Nothings an absolute agreed... Although, I do think its very hard to intimidate Ovechkin. He's been through all the NHL has had to offer. Killed it in the days of the giant enforcers, it's a walk in the park for him in these times.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It does seem very far fetched to think Reaves strong armed Drury after the trade and said he wouldnt stick up for his new teammates unless he gave him an extension...
If there were a reason for the Blueshirts to extend Ryan Reaves’ over-35 contract for another year through 2022-23 at $1.75 million other than to entice No. 75 to accept their trade for him and to report to New York, it utterly escapes me.

I missed this from the latest Brooks thing about trading Kakko as part for the deal for Eichel, guess I am not so crazy all the time.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think my explanation that they want some protection around for the kids for more than just 1 year is more plausible

Reactions: NYR Viper

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Just a quick thought
Was it ok when Dave Shultz beat up Dale Rolfe when he had no one to make him answer. Here came Nicki and along those same lines was Bubba to help against Holgrem and Brown
Every team needs at least one of this kind of player because the players have to police themselves and the reason for that is that the league does not

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
For people who still don't understand.... Reaves serves a purpose. He plays his role for the team. That role is magnified when we have a lot of kids on the roster. These kids should play with more confidence, or 'swagger' as good ol Quinny used to say..

Not everyone is a bright, up and coming, super star, 1st rounder, top 6, analytical Olympian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad