Confirmed with Link: Ryan Reaves to NYR for a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Exactly right. So many nonsense posts about “no such thing as a deterrent”. Literally? No. It’s the aspect of Martin’s or Wilson’s own stars getting pounded and now they can’t do anything about it with the fists.

Do you believe that the likelihood of winning a higher percentage of fights will result in more wins or is it just to please fans?

I understand hating Wilson, but you hate Martin because he's a tough guy to play against?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I didn’t want to sign Reaves but if he’s here and they are looking to extend him I have no choice to embrace him.

As long as he plays well enough to stay in the lineup and isn’t a drag on the team. I’m sure Gallant had a say too and I’d like to hope it’s his club to run so he should get the guys he wants.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Is there even one NHL team with 3 longterm centers? I can't think of one.

Strome is not a long term center for us and Zibanejad is questionable. If he’s resigned - which is an open question to an extent - I do not expect he’s performing as a 1C anymore in 3-5 years, as his advanced stats are already beginning to show a decline. Last year and this year are peak Mika and he will not have a tremendously long peak.

That’s ok especially if he can be paid accordingly but we NEED at least one more. If Chytil can’t be counted on then we need two more. Given that having too many centers is never bad I would like to over saturate the position like we have with RD.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Sent the AMAZING "WHAT'S GOOD-" vid to my beautiful woman isles fan friend.

Girl is shook.

I'm looking forward to these guys terrorizing the Isles and Jack Hughes more than I am with what they will be doing to Tom Wilson.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah, I’m more looking forward to seeing him plaster dudes against the boards, rather than fighting. I mean, almost nobody has the balls to drop the gloves with him anyway. Not even Wilson. Some crushing borderline dirty hits are what we really need out of him. Unfortunately Hughes is too shifty to get lined up by Reavo or anyone really. I mean how many times have Gaudreau or Kane gotten lined up in their careers? These guys know how to avoid collisions

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It’s getting kind of laughable at this point. It’s just like the team is getting ready for WWE more so than the NHL.
We signed one legit heavyweight and one defenseman Tinordi that is one good punch away from retirement and it only costs us a 3rd rounder . Blais, Hunt and Goodrow are for throughout the lineup to make us a more gritty club and those guys can all play the game . On Nemeth...I am not familiar with him but I don't think he is overly like the first two I mentioned....We needed a change in our forward unit and it was really obvious to anyone that watches hockey . Give it a chance fellows....there will be less than a handful if any nights where all of these guys are dressed . If they indeed are....our problems are huge . We are playoff bound so sit down and enjoy the ride. It could be bumpy !!!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The longer I let this trade simmer to more excited I am.

Apparently he is an AMAZING locker room guy, everyone loves him. Guy is also a class act outside the rink with a huge funny personality and loves donating his time to help the community he plays for.

He may not give us much offense, but he's going to go out there and be a warrior for us physically. He's going to intimate other teams and have them looking over their shoulders. We had nothing even close to that last year.

He's no doubt going to turn into a huge fan favorite for us.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Apparently he is an AMAZING locker room guy, everyone loves him. Guy is also a class act outside the rink with a huge funny personality and loves donating his time to help the community he plays for.

He may not give us much offense, but he's going to go out there and be a warrior for us physically. He's going to intimate other teams and have them looking over their shoulders. We had nothing even close to that last year.

So we paid a 3rd round pick and a 1.75M for the equivalent of Gritty? Probably a bargain

Reactions: Phnxldr

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Honestly, if he doesn’t pull down the actual play on the ice and he helps other guys stand a little taller, that’s fine. All the talk about fighting this or that guy is silly imo, no NHL player is scared to fight with the modern rules and that’s fine.

This is exactly why i dont hate this trade. I think this mentally helps every player on the team that is young and or not too tough. It is absolutely easier to play the game, knowing that they have a guy like Reaves who now has their backs......on top of now having a couple other grittier guys who were not year last year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, I am also fairly certain he will be a net positive factor to the team.

If I am afraid of anything it’s injuries. He got some miles on the meter at least, hopefully his body still holds up.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
you’re right, the Rangers had plenty of grit and played the boards so hard. Those bottom lines of Howden and company pushed those Bruins around and demoralized the Capitals. None of these moves were necessary and should have ever happened. You’re sounding like Evan Roberts

I recall a night when Buch hit Bergeron and the Bruins spent two full periods chasing the kid all around the ice after that hit....and it was a clean hit....the same exact hit Bergeron hurt Mika with and nobody did a damn thing . This was needed.....and the Bruins ....Caps....Isles bitch slapped us when they felt like it as did that McLeod kid in Jersey and Morin in Philly . These were/are needed moves .

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Jesus. You yourself said, “good luck taking out Ovechkin” like he’s some badass. Nothing to do with having 9 brawlers but please go on…

I didn't even mean fighting. I was referring to trying to pound him by checking him.

Try again.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Strome is not a long term center for us and Zibanejad is questionable. If he’s resigned - which is an open question to an extent - I do not expect he’s performing as a 1C anymore in 3-5 years, as his advanced stats are already beginning to show a decline. Last year and this year are peak Mika and he will not have a tremendously long peak.

That’s ok especially if he can be paid accordingly but we NEED at least one more. If Chytil can’t be counted on then we need two more. Given that having too many centers is never bad I would like to over saturate the position like we have with RD.

The point is you can make the same arguments for every team's top 3 centers.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This trade doesn't happen without a Gallant stamp of approval.
Good enough for me
I mean it's kinda funny how Gallant has been mentioned in like less than 5% of the messages talking about the Reaves deal. He knows what Reaves is on the ice, and off the ice. All this talk about Wilson, and none about maybe Gallant asked if we could get this guy for cheap to be a locker room guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad