Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
One guy called him the best center prospect not in the NHL.

And he got voted our 1 prospect. I dont see how you could vote for him in that spot without some belief of that upside.
I always saw him as a 3rd line centre lock, maybe a 2nd if all went well.

But never a 1st line centre

so how does the prospect pool look like now?

Caulfield
Romanov
Primeau
Norlinder
Poehling
Harris
Struble
Fleury
Brook
Ylonen

???

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Really hoping he can end up being a good third line Center. If Danault and Domi don’t want to stick around then we will need to fill that spot

At this point, I'm hoping he's a power forward winger, who can score 20-25 goals and 40-50 points.

I don't think he'll be a center. And we need wingers with size, speed, and that can play anyways. So that is my hope.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
At this point, I'm hoping he's a power forward winger, who can score 20-25 goals and 40-50 points.

I don't think he'll be a center. And we need wingers with size, speed, and that can play anyways. So that is my hope.
That’s probably what’s going to happen, a 18 to 25 goal scoring power winger.....I’m ok with that.

But this will take time....like 3 more years in my estimation

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That’s probably what’s going to happen, a 18 to 25 goal scoring power winger.....I’m ok with that.

But this will take time....like 3 more years in my estimation

Absolutely. We have to be patient.

I know a lot is on the player and how much work they put in. But if Poehling isn't ready for the Habs roster this fall, I hope someone in the organization is able to get through to him that he has a great opportunity to learn a lot in the AHL, or whatever league he plays in.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Absolutely. We have to be patient.

I know a lot is on the player and how much work they put in. But if Poehling isn't ready for the Habs roster this fall, I hope someone in the organization is able to get through to him that he has a great opportunity to learn a lot in the AHL, or whatever league he plays in.
I have full confidence in Bouchard, he’s such a good motivator, hell, he motivates me watching him on television lol

They can start their tactics with the reemergence of KK.....

Look at Plekanec

Subban spent some time there

It’s about laying out Succesful examples of his eventual path and to embrace it and run with it.

Then show him examples of guys who pouted, were sent down and never came back.

I have faith in him, just need time

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I always saw him as a 3rd line centre lock, maybe a 2nd if all went well.

But never a 1st line centre

so how does the prospect pool look like now?

Caulfield
Romanov
Primeau
Norlinder
Poehling
Harris
Struble
Fleury
Brook
Ylonen

???

Looking promising for defense but pretty weak on offensive talent.. so basically, a carbon copy of the way it did back when Subban/McDonagh were our prize jewels with Pacioretty.

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I always thought he had Foligno clone. If he's close to that it would be a dream.

I think he will need to learn to use his body to his advantage, learn the power game. It will take some time, depending on his level of maturity to understand that he wont be the same player he was in college.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I always thought he had Foligno potential. If he's close to that it would be a dream.

I saw Foligno play when I was in Ottawa. Even before he broke out points wise, I noticed he had good puck skills. I haven't seen good puck skills from Poehling at the pro level. Hopefully he can improve those. If not, hopefully he can carve out a niche by driving to the net and putting in rebounds and deflections - and be a guy in front of the net on the pp.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Prospect wise maybe, buy we have two super young potential first line center on the team and we were nowhere close to have one back in those days.

Grabovski and Plekanec ended up pretty good. Although I have higher Hope's for both Suzuki and KK.

Comment was solely on the group Jaffy presented.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I feel like he will get 13-18 per year. The Phil Danault range. Of course if he has better linemates than most 3rd liners, 20 is not out of the question(not like it is right now anyways).
I think he can produce more as a winger. He has good size, speed and a decent shot, seems to know where to be around the net. Sometimes playing center in the NHL with the speed of the game is just too much... He has the tools that are missing in several of our wingers.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Grabovski and Plekanec ended up pretty good. Although I have higher Hope's for both Suzuki and KK.

Comment was solely on the group Jaffy presented.
Well that’s it.....my list was prospects and I don’t consider KK and Suzuki prospects anymore, to me they are roster players now.

Offensively, I think Suzuki will surpass Plekanec, KK about the same numbers as Pleks, maybe higher goal numbers.

Defensively, close to the same for both

Will be exciting to see their ascension as centres

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad