Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I feel bad for Poehling that he has to give his jersey, honestely the guy who won it is obviously a kid so he doesn’t get it. If it was me i would of told him to give me an other one and keep that one! At the same time he did it with his stick.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Ok kid you are in the lineup tonight. How high so you want to set the bar?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Couldn't ask for a better start, so calm and cool with the puck. Great hands. Goes to the net.

Yeah, he's here to stay.
He's over confident in the positive way. Doesn't do fancy moves for nothing. Remain his calmness. His placement is too well executed.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
wzHaFCF.jpg

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Will lead the in NHL in points and goals per game this season, nearly doubling the leading scorer, we clearly have a generational player here. And don't start me with the small sample size argument, imagine if he wasn't used as a 4th liner, a lot of room to improve for next season.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I see Poehling topping out as Jay Beagle

Prospect Info: - Nick Suzuki Part III

LOLOL!!!!

Jay Beagle was undrafted and started his pro career in the ECHL. He scored 13 points in 26 games in that league.

Then he played 255 AHL games with a 0.43 ppg.

In the NHL he has had a Tom Pyatt-like career, scoring-wise.

Ryan Poehling was a first round pick, was the MVP of the WJC, started his pro career in the NHL and has already scored three goals and a shootout goal, displaying speed, hands, hockey sense and a great shot. Of course he won't score 246 goals per season, but for someone to say he would "top out" as Jay Beagle is hilarious!!!

Let's put it another way. Ryan Poehling has 3 NHL goals (not counting the shootout goal) at age 20.

Jay Beagle didn't get his fourth NHL goal until he was 26 years old.

Of all the players who ever played in the NHL, how did this poster come up with Jay Beagle?????

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm already seeing a lot of fans jumping on his bandwagon and calling him a future 1C or promising that he will be better than Denault by a lot.

Take a deep breath fanbase. He's gonna be a stud but he's gonna take time to reach his potential. Probably won't be more than a good 2c. Don't imagine him as anything else or you'll be very disappointed when he doesn't score 40 next season but ends up having a solid rookie season instead (35 pts would be reasonable for a high mark)

Reactions: Acadien86

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I'm already seeing a lot of fans jumping on his bandwagon and calling him a future 1C or promising that he will be better than Denault by a lot.

Take a deep breath fanbase. He's gonna be a stud but he's gonna take time to reach his potential. Probably won't be more than a good 2c. Don't imagine him as anything else or you'll be very disappointed when he doesn't score 40 next season but ends up having a solid rookie season instead (35 pts would be reasonable for a high mark)

I don't think anyone really expect him to score 40 next season, however to label him as "probably no more than a 2C" is putting yourself on the other side of the spectrum, towards useless negativity.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't think anyone really expect him to score 40 next season, however to label him as "probably no more than a 2C" is putting yourself on the other side of the spectrum, towards useless negativity.

'good 2c'

Ive commented quite a bit on Poehling and watched most his games. In this post I've called him a future good 2c, I see his potential as between high end 3c and low end 1c. That hasn't changed over the 30 or so games I watched him this year.

That's not pessimistic, that's realistic. He's going to be good for us but doesn't have the tools to be a superstar.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
'good 2c'

Ive commented quite a bit on Poehling and watched most his games. In this post I've called him a future good 2c, I see his potential as between high end 3c and low end 1c. That hasn't changed over the 30 or so games I watched him this year.

That's not pessimistic, that's realistic. He's going to be good for us but doesn't have the tools to be a superstar.

There is a line between being a superstar and being an excellent 1C you know.

Reactions: Habssince89

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
Bergevin job has been saved. He will hypnotize Molson with Poehling performance saying trust the process. Bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad