Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
So, I mean we all want him to stay with the big club next year but hypothetically, we can send him to Laval, right?

Are we confident that he's going to stick with the big club? Hard to say no after the first performance

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How’s that shot @WeThreeKings ?

It was a nice one, on a bit of a rolling puck no less.

My favorite part of his game tonight was his willingness to shoot. More shots and shot attempts than he averaged in games in the NCAA. He has to keep that mentality up. Don't have to score, just can't always be looking to pass.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It was a nice one, on a bit of a rolling puck no less.

My favorite part of his game tonight was his willingness to shoot. More shots and shot attempts than he averaged in games in the NCAA. He has to keep that mentality up. Don't have to score, just can't always be looking to pass.
I’ll always remember your First comment on this kid when drafted......BUST....:biglaugh:

Not to nitpick, and I remember you saying you were a tad lit lol

Looks like he’s good at tipping in pucks AND shooting:)

Reactions: dralaf

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I guess he’s going through an entire summer as the NHL’s leader in goals and points per game.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
So sweet to think that in 2 weeks from now, the last 2 things Leafs fans will recall from that season is an early first round exit to the Bruins and a last regular season loss to Ryan Poehling and the Habs... :laugh:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
God knows. Brady Tkachuk apparently finds it much easier scoring goals in the NHL than in college, so why not Poehling ?
If he and KK both become 20 goals scoring c men I will be very happy. I'be been yelling about how crap Habs C are at goal scoring for 10 years.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

2ds8wNJ.png

2ds8wNJ

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I don't feel he has the tools to be one of the 20 best centres in the league. Top 50 isn't unrealistic.

I think someone here pointed out the other day that Danault was top 50C this season. I'm pretty sure Poehling will be a more important player than Danault, so yeah, top 50 is certainly not unrealistic :)

Reactions: Doxinoctae

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
its hard not to like him or what he brings. He's got a good tool box, a good head and some clutch blood. If he'd be playing for another team I'd keep a close eye on him. I'm just so so happy he's a hab.

Reactions: Redux91

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
This guy's release on his 3rd goal was nuts, and another good shot on the shootout goal. Big, fast, and can shoot. Maybe I didn't give him enough credit before. He's done nothing but impress me since the WJC.

Great game from him. Funnest game in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doxinoctae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->