Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It's one game yall...

that game still shows, his skillset works perfectly in the NHL, he follows easily, Great speed, hands, playmaking abilty, IQ + responds to pressure!

everyone knows he won't put 40 next year! ( hopefully everyone knows lol) but we know we have a great young player who'll only get better! you clearly see in this small sample size that he's likely be way more than a 3C.

Reactions: dralaf and HKbleu

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
that game still shows, his skillset works perfectly in the NHL, he follows easily, Great speed, hands, playmaking abilty.

everyone knows he won't put 40 next year! ( hopefully everyone knows lol) but we know we have a great young player who'll only get better! you clearly see in this small sample size that he's likely be way more than a 3C.
No it doesnt. One game never shows anything definitive.

Reactions: CHwest

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
No it doesnt. One game never shows anything definitive.
Never said definitive, i personally feel like you can see what a guy CAN possibly become and see what a player cannot be. We have definitely see that is an NHLer, has more skills and overall game than you're average 3C, so going from there we have a young 3C with skills that reads the game very good that can only get better. My 2 cents.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Imagine going to sleep before your first nhl game and dreaming of a game like that.
Magic. Pure Magic.

Reactions: HKbleu

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Im starting to think the system in St-Cloud wasnt much suited for Poehling who looks at his best when the pace is high like we could see with team USA at the WJC... St-Cloud was a structured defensive minded team but wasnt playing with much pace from the games Ive seen, also playing with his brothers who arent very skilled probably didnt help either... This kid will be great and I was wrong about him having to spend some time in the AHL next year, with a strong summer, he shouldnt have much trouble to crack our line-up and work his way playing an important role... A young and less physical Ryan Kesler is probably my best comparison at this point...

Reactions: brakeyawself

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well you have to agree there is a huge difference between those two having a career night well into their career, and he has it in his first game .
the difference is, he's a prospect so people are dreaming...

anyone here wanna bet he'll have another 4goals game in his career ?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
DLHM.gif

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
f*** the AHL, Ryan starts in Montreal next year.

What a debut. If Ryan is the real deal that opens up so many opportunities for this club.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Never said definitive, i personally feel like you can see what a guy CAN possibly become and see what a player cannot be. We have definitely see that is an NHLer, has more skills and overall game than you're average 3C, so going from there we have a young 3C with skills that reads the game very good that can only get better. My 2 cents.
Not after one game man, no. He had an awesome first game, that's all there is to it. This might end up being the best game of his career. He could go 30 games without a goal next year, you dont know anything after just one game.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
And
the difference is, he's a prospect so people are dreaming...

anyone here wanna bet he'll have another 4goals game in his career ?
and until proven he can't then the dream is justified as kid can become a star, and not score 4 in any game. Though anyone that dreamt that bullis will become a star after that performance was insane

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Usual suspects all worked up on the "it's just one game" narrative. Duh, he won't be scoring hat tricks in every game and it was a meaningless game from the standings POV to give him his first cup of coffee but this is just a ridiculous story.
Asking for a bit of perspective is hardly being “worked up”.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
And

and until proven he can't then the dream is justified as kid can become a star, and not score 4 in any game. Though anyone that dreamt that bullis will become a star after that performance was insane

dream all you want, it was a solid performance from the kid, but it doesnt have any more meaning that him scoring only one or two or none at all in a meaningless game, his only NHL game of the season...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’ll always remember your First comment on this kid when drafted......BUST....:biglaugh:

Not to nitpick, and I remember you saying you were a tad lit lol

Looks like he’s good at tipping in pucks AND shooting:)

Oh yeah drunk and completely misaligned with his american political views. And had clarified my position when sober.

All I ask now through his development is to try to consistently shoot because you have to do that as a playmaker. Otherwise your lanes to pass get tighter as people figure you out.

Anyways, it was a hell of a first game and let's hope he keeps it up. We are gonna need more than a few of our picks to have a better upside than initially thought.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
dream all you want, it was a solid performance from the kid, but it doesnt have any more meaning that him scoring only one or two or none at all in a meaningless game, his only NHL game of the season...
I am starting to think you don't understand English well . As I fail to say I am dreaming . Based on your consistant glass bare replies you should lead a pretty dark life. Well you know what, don't hope don't dream stay in the doom and gloom you see. Good for you . Enjoy it.
I will enjoy last nights performance and see what the future hold . But again you regardless of outcome he is no way in the same position that bulls was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad