Proposal: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Edmonton/Islanders

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not interested at all in losing Nuge.

If you want to deal us Dal Colle for a 3rd? Sure, I’m listening. Bailey for Nuge is an absolute no go.
I think MDC is out of waiver options.
Isles kept Pulock developing in the ahl until he was out of waiver options, then after a slow nhl start,he put together a very good rookie season.

I would rather give MDC a season in the nhl,see if he can contribute before trading him for a meh pick .

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At one point the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line was the isles best line.

Put Lee, Beau or Bellows on his lw wing and the skilled JHS on his rw.

I think the blueline is a bigger concern then #2C.
Bailey hasn't played center for like four seasons. I think you're underestimating how much of a shift that is for a player.

Speaking specifically about that player, you should probably expect at least a 25 point regression from last season's totals considering how much of that production came on the PP--which was well above his career average.

My personal opinion is that they should trade him this summer at decent value or you risk him becoming a player with essentially a negative value contract. He's never been a productive player as a center. What makes you think he'll be one now?

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
At one point the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line was the isles best line.

Put Lee, Beau or Bellows on his lw wing and the skilled JHS on his rw.

I think the blueline is a bigger concern then #2C.
I think 2c is a bigger hole than a #4 d because the isles don't have a single prospect in the pipeline that can fill that hole but like 7 young dmen with number 4 or better potential

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
IMO the Islanders biggest issue potentially is if Barzal falters under elite level checking because Tavares is gone. Everyone knows that he is THE guy to shut down now. His elite skating could still make that difficult for opposing teams, but if he falters things could get ugly.
Then they get ugly for a yr. Help is on the way.

Isles are very high on both scoring snipers Bellows and Wahlstrom. Bellows turns pro in Oct and scouting reports say Wahlstrom is likely a season away.

Barzal has been the focal point on his other teams and seems to relish the challenge.

Barzal is Islanders’ new face of the franchise

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Last Proposal:

New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-Evan Bouchard
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson
-Adam Pelech
-Devon Toews
Omg, wtf is this. So you want:
Nuge - a player that you should now by now that has a lot of value to us
A blue chip forward
A blue chip d
A 2nd rounder

For

Lee - no interest
Nelson - no interest
Pelech - no interest at that cost
Toews - no interest at that cost.

That package is worth a lot and wouldnt go for a compilation of garbage from the Isles, we've done you enough favors already. We also wouldn't even think about moving Yams and Bouch they are our best prospects and fill our needs to a T while being on cost controlled elc's. I suggest you stay on the Isles board with these proposals lol.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Have you seen Toews play? Isles fromt office have been singing the all star's praises for almost 2 yrs now.

Last training camp,he outplayed every other youngster imo.
He was demoted because he still had waiver options and others did not.

Staple caused a stir after injuries hit,by tweeting that it was too bad Toews was hurt because he would have been called up and the isles thought he would be ready for a top 4 role in the nhl in 2018-2019.

That’s all well and good, but he’s 24 - not exactly a youngster. As another lefty on a team with too many lefties, we’d have to look at him as more of a hindrance than a help. He’s not taking icetime away from Klefbom or Nurse and we have Sekera’s money on the books so we have to play him. We also just signed Gravel who is also not waiver exempt.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
The only way edm trades rnh to nyi it would be for guys like bellows and wahlstrom not Bailey and dal colle

Reactions: 780il

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That’s all well and good, but he’s 24 - not exactly a youngster. As another lefty on a team with too many lefties, we’d have to look at him as more of a hindrance than a help. He’s not taking icetime away from Klefbom or Nurse and we have Sekera’s money on the books so we have to play him. We also just signed Gravel who is also not waiver exempt.
Nowhere in my posts have I said the Oilers should pursue Toews. I am pointing out that while Oiler fans think he is nothing to get excited about, the isles front office and scouts disagree.

I am hoping he follows Pulock's rookie season, with his own very solid rookie season. We'll see.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Not saying that Bailey is better than RNH - it’s impossible to tell. However, you got to consider that Bailey got a higher PPG than RNH during the last two seasons. 0,80 compared to 0,63.

Why do you believe RNH is better than Bailey?
RNH is a line driver. Bailey appears to be a complementary player whose point total is based heavily on who he plays with.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
How is it impossible to tell?

Nuge is 4 years younger
He's better defensively
He's a C
He's got a higher career PPG (and 4 prime years ahead to widen that gap)
At Nuge's age, Bailey was scoring at a fraction of the rate Nuge is scoring at
Nuge still has upside, Bailey has just had his career year... even then the difference is limited

Bailey had a great season. He's not worth Nuge, not close.

1. Being younger make him into a more valuable player, but it doesn't make him better.
2. Fair.
3. People are speculating about Bailey being moved back to C next season.
4. Well, Bailey got higher PPG during the last seasons. You can't live on old accomplishments forever. How do you know that RNH will improve and Bailey wont? Some players are late bloomers.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
RNH is a line driver. Bailey appears to be a complementary player whose point total is based heavily on who he plays with.

Just admit it, you've barely seen Bailey play. People always use that argument when they talk about players who have played with Tavares. People even say that Barzal's success happened because of Tavares.

Bailey is a decent player, he will produce even without JT sheltering him.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
1. Being younger make him into a more valuable player, but it doesn't make him better.
2. Fair.
3. People are speculating about Bailey being moved back to C next season.
4. Well, Bailey got higher PPG during the last seasons. You can't live on old accomplishments forever. How do you know that RNH will improve and Bailey wont? Some players are late bloomers.
People can speculate all they want but history will show you he's never been an effective player at center throughout his entire career. That is a massive adjustment for a player who's played the last half decade of his career at a position where he's had little responsibility. If you're expecting Bailey's numbers to be anywhere close to where they were this past season, I can pretty much guarantee you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Organizationally, the Isles are quite heavy on the wings and with their recent addition of Wahlstrom in this draft, they'd be wise to begin cashing in some of those chips to address the weaknesses at LD and at 2C. They also have the ability to add salary so Lou Lamariello's job doesn't seem too overwhelming.

Reactions: 780il

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Islanders have already taken advantage of Chiarelli enough. This trade would just be overkill at this point

Well you guys just fired the guy who used leverage to makes those deals,but now you guys are the ones who need to make a deal.

The only deal I have seen I would consider is Lee and Wahlstrom/Dobson for RNH. The islanders don’t do it but anything less and the oilers decline.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Well you guys just fired the guy who used leverage to makes those deals,but now you guys are the ones who need to make a deal.

The only deal I have seen I would consider is Lee and Wahlstrom/Dobson for RNH. The islanders don’t do it but anything less and the oilers decline.
Lou and Trotz have been on the job a month?

Gonna guess they each have a pretty long leash,so not sure where the idea the Isles have to make deal asap comes from.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
threads like this make me appreciate Tavares leaving a little more because Oiler fans had to deal with this shit for like 2 years with Hamonic/Eberle and yet we got these goofs still thinking their burn outs somehow could bring back RNH and their young blue chippers.

TysonBarrie

Jun 30, 2018
Not saying that Bailey is better than RNH - it’s impossible to tell. However, you got to consider that Bailey got a higher PPG than RNH during the last two seasons. 0,80 compared to 0,63.

Bailey played with John Tavares and Matt Barzal 100% of the season.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Bailey hasn't played center for like four seasons. I think you're underestimating how much of a shift that is for a player.

He's never been a productive player as a center. What makes you think he'll be one now?

They dont think he will be now. Hence why they want RNH.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I can understand preferring the homegrown, younger RNH.

However , I do not see any team taking that Lucic contract without a pretty big enticement and Seketa needs a bounce back season.

Sekera had one bad season recovering from a knee injury.

It's more likely than not that he does bounce back at which point he should have significant positive value.

If not then he still shouldn't be that difficult to move with some inducement, we've seen worse contracts than 2 x 5.5 moved.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton

RNH was also used as a shit down center forsooth of those 2 seasons. Why? Todd things I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad