Proposal: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Edmonton/Islanders

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not interested at all in losing Nuge.

If you want to deal us Dal Colle for a 3rd? Sure, I’m listening. Bailey for Nuge is an absolute no go.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Last Proposal:

New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-Evan Bouchard
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson
-Adam Pelech
-Devon Toews

Your deals are getting worse, and worse, and worse. Pelech and Toews are nothing but spare parts and Nelson sucks.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd be interested in Dal Colle but at this point we're looking at a third or fourth round draft pick. Ryan Nugent Hopkins would cost a lot more than what you're offering here.

Bailey might be a good piece for the Islanders to capitalize on right now though. Because once the rest of the league finds out how much of a product of JT he was, his value will free fall.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'd be interested in Dal Colle but at this point we're looking at a third or fourth round draft pick. Ryan Nugent Hopkins would cost a lot more than what you're offering here.

Bailey might be a good piece for the Islanders to capitalize on right now though. Because once the rest of the league finds out how much of a product of JT he was, his value will free fall.

Bailey played well on the Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line long before ending up on Tavares line .
and $5m per is a reasonable contract.
I have no interest in moving Bailey

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Last Proposal:

New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-Evan Bouchard
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson
-Adam Pelech
-Devon Toews
This has to be a poor attempt at a joke, right?

Reactions: 780il

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Garbage proposal for the Oilers. Dal Colle does nothing for us and if we're lucky Bailey will be as good with McDavid as Nuge was. Not to mention Nuge is younger and can play C.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Bailey played well on the Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line long before ending up on Tavares line .
and $5m per is a reasonable contract.
I have no interest in moving Bailey
Do the Isles even have a center like Nielsen though? His linemates there weren't exactly chopped liver. I seem to vividly remember a number of years where Bailey was an extremely disappointing forward. Run him with linemates that might require him to drive the offense and you risk him returning to that form.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Your deals are getting worse, and worse, and worse. Pelech and Toews are nothing but spare parts and Nelson sucks.
Have you seen Toews play? Isles fromt office have been singing the all star's praises for almost 2 yrs now.

Last training camp,he outplayed every other youngster imo.
He was demoted because he still had waiver options and others did not.

Staple caused a stir after injuries hit,by tweeting that it was too bad Toews was hurt because he would have been called up and the isles thought he would be ready for a top 4 role in the nhl in 2018-2019.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What would it take for an Edmonton/Islanders trade for RNH?

Please provide a counter proposal for Islanders assets that get this trade completed.

If you are hell bent on getting RNH then here's what I'd be looking for:

Dobson and Wahlstrom (I really like both players and that would be a hefty price for the Islanders to pay)
Lee and 1 of the above prospects

AKA it would have to cut deep for the Islanders (or any team) for me to move RNH.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Have you seen Toews play? Isles fromt office have been singing the all star's praises for almost 2 yrs now.

Last training camp,he outplayed every other youngster imo.
He was demoted because he still had waiver options and others did not.

Staple caused a stir after injuries hit,by tweeting that it was too bad Toews was hurt because he would have been called up and the isles thought he would be ready for a top 4 role in the nhl in 2018-2019.
He's not better than Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera or Russell. The Oilers would have no need for him at the moment.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Who is slotted to be the Islanders 2C next season? Nelson? IIRC Bailey played some center in junior might he make the switch?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Doug Weight Islanders finished ahead of the Oilers last season.

We'll see where the Barry Trotz Islanders finish. :thumbu:

Seeing as we just saw an expansion team in the SCF anything is possible. The Oilers will be hungry to get out of the basement and the Islanders should be hungry to flip the bird at Tavares so lots of motivation on both clubs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Do the Isles even have a center like Nielsen though? His linemates there weren't exactly chopped liver. I seem to vividly remember a number of years where Bailey was an extremely disappointing forward. Run him linemates that might require him to drive the offense and you risk him returning to that form.
At one point the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line was the isles best line.

Put Lee, Beau or Bellows on his lw wing and the skilled JHS on his rw.

I think the blueline is a bigger concern then #2C.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Seeing as we just saw an expansion team in the SCF anything is possible. The Oilers will be hungry to get out of the basement and the Islanders should be hungry to flip the bird at Tavares so lots of motivation on both clubs.

Not interested in making trades to " flip the bird at Tavares".
A good trade comes along...great. If it does not make sense for both the short term and the long term...no thanks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
At one point the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line was the isles best line.

Put Lee, Beau or Bellows on his lw wing and the skilled JHS on his rw.

I think the blueline is a bigger concern then #2C.

IMO the Islanders biggest issue potentially is if Barzal falters under elite level checking because Tavares is gone. Everyone knows that he is THE guy to shut down now. His elite skating could still make that difficult for opposing teams, but if he falters things could get ugly.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not interested in making trades to " flip the bird at Tavares".
A good trade comes along...great. If it does not make sense for both the short term and the long term...no thanks.

Not what I meant, I meant that they will want to win and be a successful team to flip him off. Within the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad