Proposal: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Edmonton/Islanders

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
I can understand preferring the homegrown, younger RNH.

However , I do not see any team taking that Lucic contract without a pretty big enticement and Seketa needs a bounce back season.

It will be tough, for sure, but we always think 'team y is never going to be able to get rid of player x's contract' and it always seems to happen.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
How is it impossible to tell?

Nuge is 4 years younger
He's better defensively
He's a C
He's got a higher career PPG (and 4 prime years ahead to widen that gap)
At Nuge's age, Bailey was scoring at a fraction of the rate Nuge is scoring at
Nuge still has upside, Bailey has just had his career year... even then the difference is limited

Bailey had a great season. He's not worth Nuge, not close.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
What would it take for an Edmonton/Islanders trade for RNH?

Please provide a counter proposal for Islanders assets that get this trade completed.
Nuge + 2nd
For
Wahlstrom + Bellows

Or

Nuge + 3rd
For
Bellows + Beaviller + Ho-Sang

Or you could give us Dobson/Pulock. Thats what we'd want. If you want to part with that thats for you to decide.

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
Easy no from the Oilers

Bailey is 28 and while he is coming off his best season--it took him a long time to get to his break out season--that included lots of assists and only 18 goals. While De Colle is only 22 he has more questions then answers about him right now

With Nuge we want to see how he gels with McDavid before we do anything with him

This trade really does nothing for the oilers
New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson

Reactions: IODCPiper

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson

Addresses Edmontons needs much better and has a good look on paper, but I would decline, personally. After seeing Hall, Eberle and Lucic fail with him, its too tough to give up the guy we know actually works very well with McDavid and take a risk on someone else.

Edit: Ok, amateur hour on my part, I didn't even look at contracts. This is terrible.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson
You misspelled Barzal as Anders Lee and Brock Nelson. Pass from me, Lee is a one dimensional goal scorer that just stands in front of the net. Bailey had a career year due to his chem with Tavares and will soon be 29. No thanks. Yamo is an extremely exciting prospect that will probably play in Edmonton this year and is only 20. The reasons why Nuge is valuable to us have already been stated above by even non Oilers fans.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson

Still a no. You want Nuge, conversation starts with Pulock. Don't blame Isles fans for walking away at that point, but the only way we move Nuge is if we're filling another need.

As others have mentioned, Nuge works well with McDavid, we have no idea if Bailey or Lee would. Furthermore, if one of McD or Drai go down with injury, Nuge slots in as the 2C. Lee/Bailey can't provide that flexibility. So where's the incentive for the Oilers?

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson

are you trying annoy oilers fans with the second one

Lee is one year away from UFA and if Nuge would have played a full season he would have matched Lee's pts and brock Nelson a RFA looking for a pay day

no idea why the oilers are adding a 2nd

If Lee has another 30+ goal season he will get 6 a year and Nelson could be getting 3-5 mill in his new contract--that is too much money for the oilers

we are happy with Nuge and players like Yamamoto on ELC

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
are you trying annoy oilers fans with the second one

Lee is one year away from UFA and if Nuge would have played a full season he would have matched Lee's pts and brock Nelson a RFA looking for a pay day

no idea why the oilers are adding a 2nd

If Lee has another 30+ goal season he will get 6 a year and Nelson could be getting 3-5 mill in his new contract--that is too much money for the oilers

we are happy with Nuge and players like Yamamoto on ELC
Last Proposal:

New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-Evan Bouchard
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson
-Adam Pelech
-Devon Toews

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Last Proposal:

New Trade Proposal:

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-Kailer Yamamoto
-Evan Bouchard
-2019 2nd pick

To Edmonton:

-Anders Lee
-Brock Nelson
-Adam Pelech
-Devon Toews
Lol this is even worse. You added 2 nobody prospects from Islanders. And added the 2 best prospects from Edmonton.

Not dealing Nuge to Islanders, especially for that.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Not a fan of Hopkins; I prefer Bailey.

It's not a bad idea to move Bailey for a 2c, then allow a young winger to take Bailey's spot.

Although, I would hate to lose Bailey, especially after just signing a new contract.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Awful?

3 known proven Islanders NHL players 2 C/LW and one LD for one proven 2C and futures which are an unknown is awful?

alrighty then "as you were" and thank you for your feedback
Absolutely terrible. The 1st trade is absolutely laughable. But sure let’s focus on the 2nd one.

The 1st one, sure Lee is valuable, but I’d really like to see his numbers away from Tavares. And even if he can keep up his oroduction, he is still a 1-way winger who is a UFA this year. Nelson is a guy who every islanders fan is begging to give away mind you, and he doesn’t do much for the Oilers. Pelech is very underwhelming. And Toews is a decent prospect, but Oilers have 0 need at LHD.

Meanwhile in return you get one of the Oilers 3 good forwards. And I’d go as far as to say he is a low end 1C. He was one pace to go 30-32 for 62 points and then he got hurt. And that was with 0 seconds of play time with McDavid or Draisaitl and on the 2nd PP. On top of that, you take Yamamoto who had a great D+1 and has top 6 winger potential, as well as Bouchard who has top pairing potential, and was ranked as a top 5-7 player in this last draft (Oilers were very lucky he fell to 10). As well as a 2nd round pick.

Buddy your trades suck. And based off the other comments, I’m clearly not the only one who thinks so.

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
So you feel that your line up now with RNH is better then this?

Anders Lee LW Connor McDavid C Ty Rattie RW
Brock Nelson/Milan Lucic LW Leon Draisaitl C Jesse Puljujarvi RW
Milan Lucic/Brock Nelson/Tobias Rieder LW Brock Nelson/Ryan Strome C Drake Caggiula RW
Pontus Aberg LW Kyle Brodziak C Zack Kassian RW

Darnell Nurse LD Adam Larsson RD
Oscar Klefbom LD Matt Benning RD
Andrej Sekera LD Adam Pelech RD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad