Proposal: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Edmonton/Islanders

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Your arguments fail to pass the logic test.

If Bailey is the better player now and he can play C (and I'll add he's locked up longer and for less) why would the Isle add to him to try and get RNH?
Because you want RNH and EDM doesn’t want Bailey

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Nuge + 2nd
For
Wahlstrom + Bellows

Or

Nuge + 3rd
For
Bellows + Beaviller + Ho-Sang

Or you could give us Dobson/Pulock. Thats what we'd want. If you want to part with that thats for you to decide.

These seem pretty fugly for the Oilers.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I can't believe the mess I have created. I believe RNH would have been a good potential 2C for our new obvious need. I may have undervalued him. With that said I believe the Oiler's fans have overvalued him with some of the counters. Long story short I don't think this one is a match.

I'll blame my proposals on PTSD

Post Tavares Stress Disorder.

Cheers

No worries.

A lot of Oiler fans have a very very VERY soft spot for RNH..im not sure the reasoning..I bet if the Oilers did a fan vote he'd finish a close 2nd to McDavid as a fan favorite.

Its very rare you see anyone knock on Nuge...even local media...

Reactions: IODCPiper

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
chiarellishrug-750x310.jpg
You don't have Garff tuggin trades for you anymore...

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Edmonton gives up the better player who plays the more valuable position. The rest of the parts, the pick and the prospect, have little value.

But, RNH has only really looked like the better player when playing on McDavid's wing. You can have one point but not both lol

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
No worries.

A lot of Oiler fans have a very very VERY soft spot for RNH..im not sure the reasoning..I bet if the Oilers did a fan vote he'd finish a close 2nd to McDavid as a fan favorite.

Its very rare you see anyone knock on Nuge...even local media...

Part of that is probably not wanting to give up yet another #1 overall, but I've also heard Nuge is one of the best on the team in the community and with fans

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Nor should you.

Wahlstrom would be an absolute menace on Leon's right side
Or he could be a Yakupov or Bennet.

Isles lost their captain, fans are probably a little more patient for a bad year next year than oiler fans are. Let Wahlstrom develop and take his time.

Oilers would be essentially trading a proven top 6 player for magic beans. It would decimate our depth for the upcoming season in the hopes that in a few years he will be a better player then RNH.

Might be worth the gamble and in a few years Ill laugh at myself for this post. Or he could bust or be equal to RNH or not as good.

There is more risk to developing prospects then HF gives credit for I feel. Especially when its the Oilers doing the developing

Reactions: IODCPiper

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Or he could be a Yakupov or Bennet.

Isles lost their captain, fans are probably a little more patient for a bad year next year than oiler fans are. Let Wahlstrom develop and take his time.

Oilers would be essentially trading a proven top 6 player for magic beans. It would decimate our depth for the upcoming season in the hopes that in a few years he will be a better player then RNH.

Might be worth the gamble and in a few years Ill laugh at myself for this post. Or he could bust or be equal to RNH or not as good.

There is more risk to developing prospects then HF gives credit for I feel. Especially when its the Oilers doing the developing
Hard to disagree with anything you said.

I was referring more so to down the road...not in the now, but I wasn't very clear at all. so I can understand the misconception.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Jets send Mathieu Perreault and Tyler Myers to the Oilers for RNH.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We like the Nuge; he's been the least of our issues. He fits in well playing with McDavid or by playing center. He's not someone who should be on the table for us unless we're getting a clear upgrade. Bailey had one great season, but I'm not sold on that, nor do we know exactly how he may fit playing with McDavid, as not every player tried fits in well with his speed and style of game. It would being trading a known commodity we are happy with for a question mark. Dal Colle has no interest to us, nor do I see him having much value, objectively speaking. It's an easy pass.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
But, RNH has only really looked like the better player when playing on McDavid's wing. You can have one point but not both lol
Bailey has only looked better for two seasons out of 7(on Tavares line). Plus RNH looked great at the beginning of the year on his own

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Nuge is not better than bailey and he has not improved one iota since his rookie season, despite playing With Hall, Draisaitl. and McDavid, each as good as Tavares. that plus hes more expensive. I wouldnt touch this as an islander fan

sorry but there is heavy oiler bias here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad