Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '18-19 season

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Folks forget he was on 30 goal pace last year before he got hurt. Nice to see him continue to post solid numbers. He’ll never be a super dynamic player but he is just solid in every area and is very clever. He’s a beauty.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Injuries have hurt this player more than anything. It's a rough, tough league, and when you're body isn't fully developed into a man, taking a pounding can have it's toll. I think he'll be fine from this time forward and will have a long and productive career.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Fact is, one of very few 1st overalls who never won anything,nor any silver or bronzes to his name.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Don't get too attached to Nuge. Chia will trade him in the offseason for scraps

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I remember all of the trade Nuge talk...so glad they didn't and I was always hoping he would turn into a solid 2 way guy that would put up 65-75 points year after year. Love watching him skate and he's such a smart hockey player.

The expectations of being drafted #1 overall....but look at Nuge and look at Yakupov. I think the Oilers drafted an absolute gem in Nuge. Hitch loves Nuge too, definitely his kind of player.

Reactions: Oilhawks and ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid passing the cup to Nuge might very well be the only thing that could beat Ovi passing it to Backstrom last season for me. :nod:

Wouldn't McD be passing it to Draisaitl then in that case? ;)

jk

Drai honestly strikes me as the kind of player that would defer, want others to get the chance to skate with it first. But once Drai gets it good luck getting it back hehe.

We're getting ahead of ourselves..

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

jk

Drai honestly strikes me as the kind of player that would defer, want others to get the chance to skate with it first. But once Drai gets it good luck getting it back hehe.

I'd say Drai is more the Kuznetsov (plays on Ovi's line, hasn't been on the team for as long). And Nuge also strikes me as the kind of guy who would defer. Let's just say we have a team full of good guys. ;)

But yeah, we are getting ahead of ourselves. Fun to imagine though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'd say Drai is more the Kuznetsov (plays on Ovi's line, hasn't been on the team for as long). And Nuge also strikes me as the kind of guy who would defer. Let's just say we have a team full of good guys. ;)

But yeah, we are getting ahead of ourselves. Fun to imagine though.

I'm old. Backstrom USED to play with Ovi for awhile I think. I don't follow the Caps too closely.

But Yeah, Nuge is all that remains from hard times. Nice that he's getting to see a different side of things here and be a Nuge part of it..

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm old. Backstrom USED to play with Ovi for awhile I think. I don't follow the Caps too closely.

But Yeah, Nuge is all that remains from hard times. Nice that he's getting to see a different side of things here and be a Nuge part of it..

Yeah, I know Backstrom used to play with Ovi... I've been a Caps fan for a bit over a decade now lol.

Reactions: Aerrol

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
.... What? How do you even get to this?
RNH covering defensively while Eberle cherry picks. Both players value dropped significantly 2 years ago. If Eberle didn't go when he was traded. RNH wouldn't be an Oiler much longer either IMO

Reactions: ujju2

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i hammered the over on nuge at 49.5 points at the beginning of the season. keep on stacking chips my man

Reactions: ujju2

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

jk

Nuge has been here the longest, he should definitely get the cup first after the captain if we are fortunate enough to win it.

Fact is, one of very few 1st overalls who never won anything,nor any silver or bronzes to his name.

A cup win would more than make up for that.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
RNH covering defensively while Eberle cherry picks. Both players value dropped significantly 2 years ago. If Eberle didn't go when he was traded. RNH wouldn't be an Oiler much longer either IMO

The cap point, sure, something had to give. But I think it's more than a little silly to say covering for Eberle was the downfall of his offense when his best hockey before this year was, by far, playing with Eberle. In any case I'd rather not get into yet another Eberle debate here. Nuge is having a great year. I'm happy to see it. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Jamin and bucks_oil

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Hi everybody!

Hi Dr. Panda!

I've come here to gloat. For ages I wrote that RNH's biggest hindrance was finding confidence in his natural playing style again, and people continually wrote things akin to 'nahhhh, he's a schmuck'.

Well, RNH has found confidence in his natural playing style again. This is what it looks like.

Bye everybody!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad