Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '18-19 season

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
With 6 games left in the season:

Career highs in goals (28), points (64), PPG (8), PPP (25), SHP (3, ties career high).

Closing in on career highs in sog (198, career high is 200), assists (36, career high is 37), GWG (3, career high is 4, has done twice in his career)
It would be awesome if he could get 30 goals and 70 points.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
With 6 games left in the season:

Career highs in goals (28), points (64), PPG (8), PPP (25), SHP (3, ties career high).

Closing in on career highs in sog (198, career high is 200), assists (36, career high is 37), GWG (3, career high is 4, has done twice in his career)

Terrible player tho

/s

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
I am a bit ambivalent about RNH, on the one hand we need more players like him, not less skill, on the other hand his trade value might never be higher...
The Oilers MO for the last 15 years has been to trade away the handful of prospects that actually turned into productive NHLers, so trading Nuge now would be the most Oiler thing that could happen. I found this article interesting.

If Edmonton Oilers want to grow an organizational "culture", maybe they could try hanging on to their own players

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RNH finished the season 57th in points, 53rd in goals and 59th in assists.
82gp. 28-41-69 8PPG 26PPP 208sog. 0.842 points/game (all career highs)

He talked about getting stronger in the offseason and I REALLY hope that he does because it would really help his game take another step forward. Not the first time that I've heard him talk about it though, so the proof will be in his play next season.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Does he still train with his bro? I wonder if that's an intense enough environment or if he would be better to switch it up this summer.

Not that with his body type he will ever be big but is there room for improvement?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
RNH finished the season 57th in points, 53rd in goals and 59th in assists.
82gp. 28-41-69 8PPG 26PPP 208sog. 0.842 points/game (all career highs)

He talked about getting stronger in the offseason and I REALLY hope that he does because it would really help his game take another step forward. Not the first time that I've heard him talk about it though, so the proof will be in his play next season.
I really don't know 100%, but his lady, Cave's and Malone's all were wearing some sort of special outfit for a bachelerotte party. Not sure if all three couples are getting married this year, but if RNH is getting married I wonder how hard he's really going to be training.

As you say, he has talked about getting stronger ever year since he came here.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I really don't know 100%, but his lady, Cave's and Malone's all were wearing some sort of special outfit for a bachelerotte party. Not sure if all three couples are getting married this year, but if RNH is getting married I wonder how hard he's really going to be training.

As you say, he has talked about getting stronger ever year since he came here.
haha I saw that on Instagram, too. Pretty sure Nuge is getting married this summer.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hopkins is our modern day horcoff (70 pt prime horcoff)he’s going to be one of those age/prime defying players who’s at his best entering his 30s
I could see that for sure. With the amount of time off he gets after each season without playoffs, he should be good till he's 40.

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
Nuge is nuge. He doesnt have a big frame and will nevrr have any man strength. He HAS gotten a hoticably bigger between years 2 and 4. But you wont see much difference unless he goes hardcore and hits some juice during the offseason.
That being said the problems with this team are NOT mcdrai, nuge, larsson, klef, even kass. People loved to yap about drais contract, klefs lack of pp prowess, larssons errors....nuges mistakes but they are all positive players in my mind that need a better team around them.
Sekera, russell, benning arent issues by themselves but need to be moved out so we can upgrade the unit as a whole. Sekera and russell might have a decent market.
All forwards not named should be jettisoned.

Nuge has trade value but i really hope he doesnt get moved. Hes a positive on this team.

I feel a solution will be found for the lucic contract....even if bettman has to force a team to take it. Im not kidding. Nhl needs edmonton and mcdavid competituve. Or mcdavid traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad