Injury Report: Ryan Lindgren

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Been dealing with shenanigans with my work computer. An update to my single sign-on corporate password basically took down my access to everything and bricked my laptop. Was on the phone with help desk and thinking Lindgren recovered faster than this computer.

Reactions: Lua

fm

Jul 28, 2016
they probably popped that sucker right back into the socket

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Lindgren and Mika both are tough dudes for what looked like both long term injuries. Can we also give a shout out to Jim Ramsay and the Rangers medical staff? When did they turn into Mr. Miyagi?? :sarcasm:
1677535055800.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There's almost no way that Lindgren is out of the league in three years (so, 28 being your "nowhere near 30"). So, HARD disagree with your first sentence.

Your second and third sentences are obvious. That's a given. They don't make your first sentence true, though. That's like expecting Lindgren to get "Mike Sauer'd," which wasn't even cumulative damage. It was one horrible play.
fair enuf
but even if wrong and he is playing at 30, he will Girardi 2, a shell of himself.
Hockey is a brutal biz
Can't squander assets
Smart move is to sell high.

Tis but a scratch...
said the knights we say "ni"!!! to King Arthur

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
If you're always selling high you miss the prime years of a player you have spent time and effort developing and lived through their growing pains. Selling high is a recipe for a team that is never as good as you believe it can be. This is not to say if should never be done, but not as a kneejerk reaction to any player who reaches a certain age or with a particular style of play.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Best he rest up.

After Boston tomorrow, they have 4 days off

That means hell have a good 11-12 days of recovery before his next game. Theres no rush to bring him back until hes close to or at 100%. But knowing Ryan he probably has 2 or 3 other injuries that need healing as well

One more game without Miller too, so you hit the ground running with the full squad on the 3-game road trip starting in Montreal (with Motte as well hopefully) after a few practices.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you're always selling high you miss the prime years of a player you have spent time and effort developing and lived through their growing pains. Selling high is a recipe for a team that is never as good as you believe it can be. This is not to say if should never be done, but not as a kneejerk reaction to any player who reaches a certain age or with a particular style of play.
general concur, case by case
here only reason to push deal is b'c cap needs

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
What is preventing us from putting him on LTIR at this point? Can't we do it retroactively and let him heal/call up some reinforcements that we desperately need?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What is preventing us from putting him on LTIR at this point? Can't we do it retroactively and let him heal/call up some reinforcements that we desperately need?
Yes, we can do it retroactively. I imagine the only reason we haven't is because we expect him to be back well before his LTIR would end. We'll be able to call someone up on emergency after this game anyway, so really no point now.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What’s the dealio? Is Lindgren coming back soon? If not they really miscalculated not using LTIR and getting another defenseman.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad