Injury Report: Ryan Lindgren

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Didn’t see a thread. Figured we should have one as this will be a hot topic, not only because of the importance of the player but because of the cap implications. LTIR could affect the upcoming trade deadline. If only IR, we should be able to call up Cuylle without affecting accrued space, or no?

Either way let’s share the updates here and discuss away.

Reactions: egelband and Atax

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not sure how the LTIR stuff affects Kane and the rest of the roster, but I’d like to see Zac Jones get a look. He’s earned it and we could use a puckmover.

Drury can leverage the Blackhawks even more now. “I have a need on defense, give me Kane for peanuts or im going for Chychrun or Gavrikov.”

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not sure how the LTIR stuff affects Kane and the rest of the roster, but I’d like to see Zac Jones get a look. He’s earned it and we could use a puckmover.

Drury can leverage the Blackhawks even more now. “I have a need on defense, give me Kane for peanuts or im going for Chychrun or Gavrikov.”
We want to make the Kane deal first, then put Lindgren on LTIR. That will maximize the amount of LTIR cap space we get, and will ensure that we can afford to activate Lindgren off LTIR if he's ready before the end of the season.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
This team without Lindy has always imploded. Not too excited about both Mikkola and Harpur playing and one of them being top 4.

Reactions: Kendo

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We want to make the Kane deal first, then put Lindgren on LTIR. That will maximize the amount of LTIR cap space we get, and will ensure that we can afford to activate Lindgren off LTIR if he's ready before the end of the season.
If we play with 17 skaters today do we get a 'free, as in no cap hit' emergency call up?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If we play with 17 skaters today do we get a 'free, as in no cap hit' emergency call up?
I don't think so, because we can afford to call someone up now that Kravtsov is gone. And Leschyshyn is available to play.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Gavrikov or Chychrun please. Forget about Kane. Think beyond this season. Not that we’d hVe a shot without Lindgren anyway. Miller is not a top four defenseman. Far more comfortable with Mikkola in that role.
Like a month ago, folks were talking about moving on from Lindy to give Key the 8-year bag.

Miller is a 2nd pair guy, even if he has some highs and lows. I agree with you on Mikkola, but have to push back on the bolded. Miller is a "#4" already, and there's really no ceiling. He could top out as a Mikey Anderson with added offense, a left handed Trouba (who's hopefully cheaper and a bit more reliable), or an absolute freak of a unicorn. But he's definitely a top 4 D today.

Back to Lindgren though, we need to plan to keep him until his body can't keep up. In a year, f we can follow up this contract with an Anderson-like $4+ until he's 31/32 (just not the same 8 years), then Fox's entire prime will be completely covered with a perfect partner.

You can't get a Chychrun or Gavrikov unless you want to move on from Lindy, Miller, or whichever new guy after next season. Lindy's too important, Key has too much upside, so if neither Jones nor Robertson are in the plans for next year, then we will NEED someone for next season...but no further. We can't afford Chychrun or Gavrikov next year or beyond, so if Mikkola'a not looking for a 1-yr deal for similar money, then it's either a kid or we have to find someone for next season. I'm not giving up 55 or 79.

This season, as long as we don't completely forget how to play hockey when Lindy's out (again), we'll be just fine once he gets back. Creates a little cap flexibility, too. If you want to get freaky, then Mikkola could be a trade chip for even more cap flexibility and you can even try a kid out with Schneider for a couple weeks.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
wasn't Lechyshshyn waived?
He was, but we won't know until 2 if he has cleared. And if he clears, we aren't obligated to send him down.

Could the Rangers utilize the the emergency callup today to get Cuylle in?
No. The emergency callup thing requires that we play 1 game a man short first, and that we don't have the cap space to call someone up. We have enough cap room to call a player up, so it's moot. If we bring Cuylle up, he will count against the cap.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He was, but we won't know until 2 if he has cleared. And if he clears, we aren't obligated to send him down.

No. The emergency callup thing requires that we play 1 game a man short first, and that we don't have the cap space to call someone up. We have enough cap room to call a player up, so it's moot. If we bring Cuylle up, he will count against the cap.
Yeah right after I posted that I came to that conclusion. Its the Rangers choice to send Leschyshyn down if he clears and then its still their choice not to call Cuylle up

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Yeah right after I posted that I came to that conclusion. Its the Rangers choice to send Leschyshyn down if he clears and then its still their choice not to call Cuylle up

The most likely scenario is the one tweeted; they play a man short today, have off two days, do the Kane thing, and then either use the LTIR for Cullye/Robertson or Jones while working on a deal for another depth piece, or just roll with Cullye and a D prospect up the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: RGY

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Won't be irrelevant if we keep losing games.

Lots of games to go. Got to start winning

I'd be very surprised if this was so bad that we ran the danger of falling out of 3rd place.

He's a key part of the team, but if we're one #3 dman injury away from catastrophe, that's a bad sign.

Reactions: Crease

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad