Waived: Ryan Jones Assigned to OKC

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I didn't have a problem with re-signing Jones this summer, and I'm happy that the Oilers management have the balls to put him on waivers when he's clearly been sub-par.

As far as Acton & Hamilton go, which center has been better than Acton thus far for the 4th line spot? Were there any wingers that deserved a spot more than Hamilton? Only one that comes to mind is Pitlick.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I didn't have a problem with re-signing Jones this summer, and I'm happy that the Oilers management have the balls to put him on waivers when he's clearly been sub-par.

As far as Acton & Hamilton go, which center has been better than Acton thus far for the 4th line spot? Were there any wingers that deserved a spot more than Hamilton? Only one that comes to mind is Pitlick.

Hey now... what good would be this place if there was nothing to complain about :)

Fire Eakins for keeping Acton and Hamilton here!! :rant::rant:
This guy is runnign the club down the sewers!

PS> Fire MacT .. Also Lowe since he pulls all the strings!!

P PS> Bring back EIG !! Katz is the root of all evil.

P P PS > FreePocklington#

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I think it was Parkatti on twitter who said that 1.5 on Jones and 1.5 on Grebs would look really nice on Grabovski right about now.
We're going to hear a lot of that if Grabovski starts lighting it up in Washington. Three assists last night ... and if he gets PP time he could make the Caps look really smart. I was not in favor of bringing him to Edmonton because of his known attitude problems and the fact that he so small he's smaller than most of the shrimps we already have.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
We're going to hear a lot of that if Grabovski starts lighting it up in Washington. Three assists last night ... and if he gets PP time he could make the Caps look really smart. I was not in favor of bringing him to Edmonton because of his known attitude problems and the fact that he so small he's smaller than most of the shrimps we already have.

He has talent. you should always not ignore talent.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Not an Eakins player this Grabo.... couldve been an options if we planned on flipping Gagner for s DMan when he was still RFA..

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don't disagree, and like another poster has already said, if we had known Gagner was going to miss two months on top of the RNH absence, then yeah signing up Grabovski would have been the thing to do. Realistically nobody expects to lose their top two centers, and Grabovski is more of what we already have, I think MacT made the right call passing on this guy given what he knew then about his roster. Besides, we don't know for sure that he even wanted to come to Edmonton.

I guess we'll see, he does have some talent as you say.

All you need is size, who needs talent?
I'm not one of the posters who goes on and on about size on the roster, but anyone can look at our forwards and see that we don't need another center who weights 185.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

We have no shortage of talent. In such case one shouldn't ignore bad attitude.

Lets keep this real as well. The same club that figures Grabs is a great player has a longtime hire famous for his backcheck attention to detail in the playoffs.

Translation:

Washington Capitals led by players that don't give a flying **** about GA and never will. just get me the goals and the $ and don't ask questions..

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
No you shouldn't, unless your talent is better, see Hall and the Nuge down the middle. Grabovski didn't "see" himself as a 3rd line center in Toronto, why the hell would want to be one in Edmonton?

Hall was NOT going to be a center until these injuries. Grabs was a center from day one thus you can't toss Hall into this discussion at all.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hall was NOT going to be a center until these injuries. Grabs was a center from day one thus you can't toss Hall into this discussion at all.

Well we had Nuge and Gagner down the middle before injuries... RNH wasnt suppose to miss too much of the season... worst case 1 month.. Like I said Grabovski was not needed here unless we were going to trade away Gagner for a top 4 Dman.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
We have no shortage of talent. In such case one shouldn't ignore bad attitude.

Lets keep this real as well. The same club that figures Grabs is a great player has a longtime hire famous for his backcheck attention to detail in the playoffs.

Translation:

Washington Capitals led by players that don't give a flying **** about GA and never will. just get me the goals and the $ and don't ask questions..

Jones is garbage and grebeshkov as much as I like the guy looks like he won't even dress half the time, we have the worst centre depth in the league and right now we are without our top two centres for all of October

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Not an Eakins player this Grabo.... couldve been an options if we planned on flipping Gagner for s DMan when he was still RFA..

He was the leafs best 200' player, he faced their hardest competition, and he did it with his head above water for the most part. But Carlyle didn't like him for some reason.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Yeah, when Grabovski called MacT and said "Hey, Curly, how about a deal?" we certainly should have said yes.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Jones clears, as per Rishaug

Good. I hope he plays well for OKC and earns a call up when injuries hit the bottom 6.

Edit: And if you guys want to keep talking about Grabovski please take it to the rumour/proposal thread. It is off topic in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00