Confirmed with Link: Ryan Dzingel traded to Ottawa for Cedric Paquette, Alex Galchenyuk

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I feel like it's being greedy to claim that there's a hole to plug within this:

Aho
Svech
TT
NN
Necas
Trocheck

I get that there's some inconsistency in there, but those are six legit top-6 forwards.

Not to mention that Staal is beasting and McGinn clearly had some ‘decent’ chemistry playing up in the lineup as well

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yep. I mean fact of the matter is this gives us an offensive option for the taxi squad while the kids keep getting playing time in the A. Chucky, Lorentz, Geekie in the taxi squad, Paquette slides in for Geekie on the 4th line where he's an effective energy guy and penalty killer.

Yeah, he was playing poorly in Ottawa, but I strike that up to disinterest in going there to begin with. I look at it a lot like what happened with Jeff Carter where he was shockingly traded from a contender to Columbus and was pissed about it. The second he was traded to another contender in LA he was rejuvenated, I get a feeling similar will play out here especially with an opportunity to stick it to his old team.

Sullivan wouldn't wait for him to get acclimated before dropping him to the bottom six, and - as expected - he dwindled after that. I can see him clicking with Necas, kind of like what the Canes had with Dzingel/Haula/Necas.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Sullivan wouldn't wait for him to get acclimated before dropping him to the bottom six, and - as expected - he dwindled after that. I can see him clicking with Necas, kind of like what the Canes had with Dzingel/Haula/Necas.

Honestly, I think the big thing with Galchenyuk is that teams need to stop forcing a square peg into a round hole and actually play him at center, which has openly been his preferred spot. Create an unusually offensive fourth line, have him center it, and create all sorts of lineup mismatches against less-skilled competition. With Jordan Staal as an elite defensive 3C, you can play around with a different kind of 4th line.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Honestly, I think the big thing with Galchenyuk is that teams need to stop forcing a square peg into a round hole and actually play him at center, which has openly been his preferred spot. Create an unusually offensive fourth line and have him center it.

There’s this guy Cedric Paquette that probably wants that spot.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Honestly, I think the big thing with Galchenyuk is that teams need to stop forcing a square peg into a round hole and actually play him at center, which has openly been his preferred spot. Create an unusually offensive fourth line, have him center it, and create all sorts of lineup mismatches against less-skilled competition. With Jordan Staal as an elite defensive 3C, you can play around with a different kind of 4th line.

He was used primarily on the LW with Malkin. The only thing he could do was shoot from a bad angle after Geno tried to skate through everybody.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
That's a hell of a road trip. Hopefully they have similar taste in music!
Been there, done that. Went to school at Clarkson (actually pretty close to Ottawa) and drove to and from NC a couple times a year. It's long and boring, but it's not a hard drive. You just get on 81 and stay there. With 2 drivers, not too hard to just trade off and push your way through without stopping at a hotel (which I usually did).

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I like this deal for both teams. As someone who saw a good bit of young Gally I have a hard time believing he's this bad. Im hoping he still has that shot....with all the passers we have he could be a huge beneficiary.

I haven't seen Rod really help anyone revitalize their career.... hoping he has that in his bag of tricks.
He does. His shot is definitely his best quality. He’s a little slow but he’s looked decent for Ottawa in the games he’s played.

How has Dzingel looked this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad