Player Discussion Ryan Donato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He seemed to always find the puck. And he was extremely calm with the puck. A rarity for a kid his age in his first sniff of big league games

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He seemed to always find the puck. And he was extremely calm with the puck. A rarity for a kid his age in his first sniff of big league games
sure is. I have no idea what affect this has but I have to think, to a degree that having a father who played in the NHL and him spending time around the locker room/rink a ton growing up helped him a bit with not being totally overwhelmed?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
sure is. I have no idea what affect this has but I have to think, to a degree that having a father who played in the NHL and him spending time around the locker room/rink a ton growing up helped him a bit with not being totally overwhelmed?
The kid was on adrenaline high for sure. Great game to see.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

He had a few moments where he looked jittery with the puck or just misplayed it. Almost like he'd let it get to far out in front of him, but you expect those things from a guy making his NHL debut.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
from Fluto:

Bruins’ Ryan Donato isn’t leaving the books behind - The Boston Globe

ST. LOUIS — On Tuesday morning, the Bruins flew to St. Louis aboard their private charter. Later that night, Ryan Donato traveled with the commercial commoners.

It was the consequence of spending the day at Harvard attending several classes instead of practicing at Scottrade Center. As if a commercial flight were not punishment enough, Donato arrived to the expected chirps of his teammates, who reminded him that hockey players usually skip school to be on the ice, not the other way around.

Donato is taking an exceptional route, and not just because the same adjective could be applied to his NHL debut. A Harvard degree is a singular prize. The sociology major intends to stay on track with his classmates, even if he’s completing his homework in plush hotels instead of a Cambridge dorm.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Donato looked abit off lastnite,but cant blame him hockey school hockey...must be tired lost a few great passes last night,great things to come Go Bruins Go:thumbu::thumbu:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He's definitely going to have a lot to work on away from the puck. He did make some nice defensive plays where he looked composed under pressure in the defensive zone, but he's a bit weak on the boards and such. Offensively? Big time threat. That wasn't an easy team to play against, either. It'd be nice to see him in a healthy lineup.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
He's definitely going to have a lot to work on away from the puck. He did make some nice defensive plays where he looked composed under pressure in the defensive zone, but he's a bit weak on the boards and such. Offensively? Big time threat. That wasn't an easy team to play against, either. It'd be nice to see him in a healthy lineup.
not being mean

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Good for Donato, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and knows the value of that Harvard education and degree.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yeah , the whole team was bottled up by the Blues last night and even then he did pop one . I hardly think last night’s game is representative of what the Bruins have in Donato .

4Flames

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Boston has been playing so well without Bergeron, McAvoy, etc., because of the young guys stepping up. Once they get healthy, there should be no reason they don't have a solid playoff run

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He is so very good. He and Krejci have great chemistry. How do you keep heinen Debrusk Donovan in top 3 lines when all healthy?

my Lineup would be:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Nash
Donato - Backes - Heinen
Schaller - nash - Kuraly

But I’m sure Soemone will be sitting that shouldn’t. Heinen is always an option for the 4th line. All three should be in there, game one. Assuming all other forwards are healthy.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
63/ 37/ 88
74/ 46/ 61
17/ 20/ 42

Heinen maybe odd man out IF* Donato continues to find ways to score. Results are results

Results are results. So what about the results of Heinen? He’s what, 5th in scoring for the bruins? I don’t see how you can’t fond a spot in the lineup for him. Worst case, 4th line RW. He should not sit though.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Well that’s how it’s going to be in the playoffs. It’s faster, and more physical/intense.
Agreed -- it'll be just like STL last night.

However, if we have even half of our wounded warriors back in the playoffs then other teams are going to have to pick and choose who to focus on. My guess is it won't be Donato.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Results are results. So what about the results of Heinen? He’s what, 5th in scoring for the bruins? I don’t see how you can’t fond a spot in the lineup for him. Worst case, 4th line RW. He should not sit though.

Heinen has been held off the scoresheet for quite a while now. Hopefully he picks up his game now that he feels pressure from Donato. But if status quo remains, Donato stays hot, Heinen remains cold, it’s an easy decision.

I think the 4th line needs to be a physical line. Forecheck heavy, pursue loose pucks, grind down dmen in the corners. I’m not sure if that’s Heinen’s game right now.

Things can change. It’s only been 2 games so I’m not annointing Donato a phenom. He could easily get stale.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Agreed -- it'll be just like STL last night.

However, if we have even half of our wounded warriors back in the playoffs then other teams are going to have to pick and choose who to focus on. My guess is it won't be Donato.

Oh a healthy lineup helps a lot. Donato is playing against lesser competition with equal to better talent on his line. Also matchups against play a factor. Teams can hone in on our top two lines right now, because who’s fearing a 3rd line of Wingels, Gionta and szwarz?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Heinen has been held off the scoresheet for quite a while now. Hopefully he picks up his game now that he feels pressure from Donato. But if status quo remains, Donato stays hot, Heinen remains cold, it’s an easy decision.

I think the 4th line needs to be a physical line. Forecheck heavy, pursue loose pucks, grind down dmen in the corners. I’m not sure if that’s Heinen’s game right now.

Things can change. It’s only been 2 games so I’m not annointing Donato a phenom. He could easily get stale.

Heinen hasn't been cold for a bunch of games now. He's got 3 points over his last 5 and he's looked good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad